1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 22:44
    kills himself or herself, does he/she go to hell? my friend talked to a girl he knew on a Ouija board who killed herself, and she told him that she was in hell.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    kills himself or herself, does he/she go to hell? my friend talked to a girl he knew on a Ouija board who killed herself, and she told him that she was in hell.
    who killed herself, and she told him that she was in hell

Can he ask her if Jesus is GOD?

😕😕😕

EDIT: Is there internet access in hell?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 23:02
    I'm an agnostic, but I think I know the theology.

Under catholicism despair is one of the mortal sins, since suicide is an act of despair and one for which there cannot be repentence (unless you mess it up and give yourself a lingering death) yes, you go to hell. Under protestantism it is less clear, there are no mortal sins so you may well get off Hell on an average, but it still counts as a sin. The bible says that there is no sin so great that it cannot be forgiven, except for the corruption of children, so on that basis probably not.

The difficulty is that if you kill yourself (except for medical euthanasia in cases of extreme pain) it is an act of despair which implies that you do not have faith in your god, being an infidel is the one thing almost all religions agree gets you into trouble in the next life, so yes, don't kill yourself unless you are pretty sure that a) God doesn't exist or b) you get reincarnated and don't mind working up from cockroach...
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 23:11
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I'm an agnostic, but I think I know the theology.

Under catholicism despair is one of the mortal sins, since suicide is an act of despair and one for which there cannot be repentence (unless you mess it up and give yourself a lingering death) yes, you go to hell. Under protestantism it is less clear, there are no mortal sins so you may well get off H ...[text shortened]... a) God doesn't exist or b) you get reincarnated and don't mind working up from cockroach...
    what is so bad about despair? some people are sad, whats the big deal?
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 00:054 edits
    what is so bad about despair? some people are sad, whats the big deal?
    If you despair then you deny God's ability to put it right. So those who despair commit the sin of denying God - essentially it is tantamount to atheism.

I don't agree with this stuff I'm just trying to explain the standard theology. My feeling is that in the event that there is a God then they won't condemn anyone to eternal suffering for not believing in them or despairing of being happy in this world, it's just in heaven you'll be in standard rather than business class.
  6. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 07:34
    Talking by Ouija board can mean anything. It's a demon imitating. If this girl commited suicide as a Christian, she would be in Heven. I believe that God would be disappointed, but because it isn't Roman Catholiscm where you have to confess every sin, I think God would allow you in Heaven
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 07:42
    How people can simultaneously believe in Christianity and Ouija boards I have never understood. But then I have never really figured out how people believe in Christianity....
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 08:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How people can simultaneously believe in Christianity and Ouija boards I have never understood. But then I have never really figured out how people believe in Christianity....
    ive never used one but to me it is harmless, nothing bad can come out of talking to dead people
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 08:49
    ive never used one but to me it is harmless, nothing bad can come out of talking to dead people
    What a loon.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 08:51
    Being sectioned?
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 09:16
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Being sectioned?
    what?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 09:19
    I wasn't saying it was harmful, I was merely saying that the concept that you are genuinely talking to dead people is incompatible with my understanding of the concept of Christianity.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 09:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I wasn't saying it was harmful, I was merely saying that the concept that you are genuinely talking to dead people is incompatible with my understanding of the concept of Christianity.
    i didnt do it, my friend did.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 11:05
    i didnt do it, my friend did.
    But you did imply that you believed that your friend was actually talking to dead people. Many Christians would hold that it is not possible to talk to dead people by this method.
  15. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 16:08
    You arn't talking to dead people. You are talking to demons impersonating dead people. Once somebody's gone to the afterlife, they can't interact with earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree