If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
25 Oct 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
I'm almost endlessly tired of you getting the cart before the horse on this.

But you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God, nor do you believe that he was sent by God to be the Savior of the world, so no, I'm not actually surprised at your cart-before-the-horse doctrine. You believe it because for you, there is no other choice. But you are still wrong.
I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

By all accounts, you believe in a very different "gospel". A gospel that leads you to see it as "getting the cart before the horse".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 18

@thinkofone said

By all accounts, you believe in a very different "gospel".
Does the Jesus you talk about still have a ministry or did it die when he died?
The gospel I believe in and I'm sure others here do too, is that Jesus' ministry is
still going on since He is still going on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Oct 18
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

This is called "obsession."

You believe in a very different "gospel". A gospel that leads you to see it as "getting the cart before the horse".

You are deeply deceived to the point of having an obsessed mind.

Folks we are witnesssing something much the same as King Saul in the book of Samuel obsessed with killing David out of Saul's mad paranoa and envy.

We are seeing in ToO something much like Saul of Tarsus in the book of Acts breathing out opposition to the early Christians.

This is deception to the point of being obsessed with his delusions.

T

Moves
25 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Does the Jesus you talk about still have a ministry or did it die when he died?
The gospel I believe in and I'm sure others here do too, is that Jesus' ministry is
still going on since He is still going on.
John 6
63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

John 8
31...“If you [abide] in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine
51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

John 12
48“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

John 14
23...If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

John 15
3“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Oct 18

@ThinkOfOne

John 6
63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Many words of Christ you do not believe and therefore you do not have Christ as life.

His words include that He is "the resurrection and the life"(John 11:25)

John 8
31...“If you [abide] in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine
51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

And you do not keep His word that He is "the resurrection and the life"{/b] You do not keep His word that He is the way and the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him [b](John 14:6).

You hunt for words which give you reasons to disbelieve His words.

Peter, John, James, and Paul ... these are examples of men who kept His words. You are not an example of a hearer of His words that either abides in His word or keeps His word.

T

Moves
25 Oct 18

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

John 6

Many words of Christ you do not believe and therefore you do not have Christ as life.

His words include that He is "the resurrection and the life"(John 11:25)

[quote]
John 8
31...“If y ...[text shortened]... . You are not an example of a hearer of His words that either abides in His word or keeps His word.
And you do not keep His word that He is "the resurrection and the life"{/b] You do not keep His word that He is the way and the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through Him [b](John 14:6).

You hunt for words which give you reasons to disbelieve His words.

You don't understand His words. As such, you cannot believe His words. Your not understanding His words also leads you to believe that I "disbelieve His words".

Take "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" for example. What exactly is your understanding of what Jesus has in mind there?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Oct 18
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

Take "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" for example. What exactly is your understanding of what Jesus has in mind there?

The way is Jesus. He did not come to show a way OTHER than Himself.

The truth is Jesus. He did not come to teach a truth OTHER than Himself. He is the truth.

The divine life is Jesus Himself.
Without Jesus Himself there is no enjoyment of the divine life.

No one comes to the living place - the Father apart from the living way and truth and life - Jesus Christ.

The destination is a living Person - the Father.
The WAY to the destination is also a living Person - the Son.

If you do not feel that you have come in your being to the Father it is because you have attempted another WAY, another truth, and a natural life not the Divine Person, Jesus Christ, God's Son.

Have you come to the Father?
Or is God still not real to you?

T

Moves
25 Oct 18
2 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

The way is Jesus. He did not come to show a way OTHER than Himself.

The truth is Jesus. He did not come to teach a truth OTHER than Himself. He is the truth.

Th ...[text shortened]... Person, Jesus Christ, God's Son.

Have you come to the Father?
Or is God still not real to you?
This is way too vague and ambiguous to have any meaning.

For example:
What exactly do you mean when you say, "The way is Jesus", "The divine life is Jesus Himself", "The destination is a living Person", etc. ? What exactly does it entail?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 18

@thinkofone said
This is way too vague and ambiguous to have any meaning.

For example:
What exactly do you mean when you say, "The way is Jesus", "The divine life is Jesus Himself", "The destination is a living Person", etc. ? What exactly does it entail?
You think the destination is a dead person Jesus Christ?

T

Moves
25 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You think the destination is a dead person Jesus Christ?
How does your question make any logical sense in light of what I asked jaywill?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 18

@thinkofone said
How does your question make any logical sense in light of what I asked jaywill?
You seem struggle with a living Jesus, so I asked. You don’t seem to be comprehending a lot of points made to you.

T

Moves
25 Oct 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You seem struggle with a living Jesus, so I asked. You don’t seem to be comprehending a lot of points made to you.

Your question does absolutely nothing to impart any type of meaning to what jaywill posted, which is what I asked for in that post. It also does nothing to impart any type of meaning to what I initially asked: "Take 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me' for example. What exactly is your understanding of what Jesus has in mind there".

Your question didn't make any logical sense in light of those questions. Your response here doesn't make any logical sense in light of my question to you.

If you're at all interested in having a rational discussion, then by all means, start making rational responses.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 18

@thinkofone said

Your question does absolutely nothing to impart any type of meaning to what jaywill posted, which is what I asked for in that post. It also does nothing to impart any type of meaning to what I initially asked: "Take 'I am the way, and the truth, and ...[text shortened]... all interested in having a rational discussion, then by all means, start making rational responses.
The plain text is enough you understand that or do you need someone to explain it to you? I think it means just what it says.

T

Moves
25 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The plain text is enough you understand that or do you need someone to explain it to you? I think it means just what it says.
Seems you've once again gotten completely lost in our discussion.

And so it goes...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Oct 18

@ThinkOfOne

You're a teacher of the New Testament and you don't know what those things mean ?

AS long as you have a unbelief in His resurrection, it will be very hard for you to know.

The way to know the living God is Jesus. He is the way.
The truth is the living Person of Jesus.

The uncreated life, the life out of eternity which became embodied and lived on this earth, is Jesus.

He is the way and the truth and the life.

If God is not real to you you should come to the living and available Jesus that the insulation between your heart and God is removed. You have to ask Him to remove the barrier that is cutting you off from intimate fellowship with the Father - God.