1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    06 Oct '06 01:25
    Would he have stuck up for Copernicus and been burnt at the stake?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    06 Oct '06 01:27
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Would he have stuck up for Copernicus and been burnt at the stake?
    Yes
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    06 Oct '06 01:28
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Yes
    And then risen up again 3 days later?
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    06 Oct '06 01:29
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Yes
    and what does that say about the RCC?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    06 Oct '06 01:30
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    And then risen up again 3 days later?
    Would you want to come back to live under the Catholic tyranny of 1600?
  6. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 Oct '06 01:33
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Would he have stuck up for Copernicus and been burnt at the stake?
    No. He did not come to be the official in petty squabbles. He came to seek the lost.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    06 Oct '06 01:341 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    No. He did not come to be the official in petty squabbles. He came to seek the lost.
    He stuck up for the adulteress.

    You really think he would have let them -- those purporting to be his alleged Rock, acting in his name -- have at Copernicus?
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    06 Oct '06 01:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Would you want to come back to live under the Catholic tyranny of 1600?
    Of course I wouldnt, but then I didnt start that church.
  9. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 Oct '06 01:48
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    He stuck up for the adulteress.

    You really think he would have let them -- those purporting to be his alleged Rock, acting in his name -- have at Copernicus?
    Only as a point of policy, did He enter the conversation regarding the adultress. Had they not asked His opinion as He crouched down writing in the dirt, they likely would have stoned her without so much as an objection from Him.

    His rendering of judgment threw it right back in their laps, and was certainly not a defense, per se, of the adultress. It was an indictment on their self-righteous blindness/deafness to their own sin-stained hearts.

    To the woman, He eventually said, go and sin no more.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    06 Oct '06 01:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Only as a point of policy, did He enter the conversation regarding the adultress. Had they not asked His opinion as He crouched down writing in the dirt, they likely would have stoned her without so much as an objection from Him.

    His rendering of judgment threw it right back in their laps, and was certainly not a defense, per se, of the adultress. It ...[text shortened]... ness to their own sin-stained hearts.

    To the woman, He eventually said, go and sin no more.
    But isn't Jesus a model of perfect behavior? Are we to infer that it is correct to stand by idly while women are stoned for adultery, unless consulted for our opinion?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    06 Oct '06 01:57
    unless you want to say that the RCC was torturing and murdering people for disagreement in a petty squabble.......
  12. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 Oct '06 03:01
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    But isn't Jesus a model of perfect behavior? Are we to infer that it is correct to stand by idly while women are stoned for adultery, unless consulted for our opinion?
    His thinking was the perfect model for our thinking. Only He was qualified for His behavior. For us to follow suit would be disaterous.
  13. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    06 Oct '06 03:02
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    unless you want to say that the RCC was torturing and murdering people for disagreement in a petty squabble.......
    Whatever real or imagined ills of the RCC had little or nothing to do with Christ's agenda, riddled as it was with political ambition.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    06 Oct '06 03:041 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    His thinking was the perfect model for our thinking.
    I see. So, it is correct when witnessing a woman being stoned for adultery to think that it is proper to sit idly by and await consultation?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    06 Oct '06 03:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Whatever real or imagined ills of the RCC had little or nothing to do with Christ's agenda, riddled as it was with political ambition.
    Christ had political ambitions? Now there's a fact that doesn't often come out! 😛
Back to Top