1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:45
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So you would support the death penalty for affairs, then?
    I fully support anyone who wishes to live under the law: I'm willing to bet it cannot be done successfully again.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I fully support anyone who wishes to live under the law: I'm willing to bet it cannot be done successfully again.
    So what if the law of man contradicts the law of God? Which would you choose to live under? Would you break the laws of men, specifically to live under the law of God?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 00:59
    So what if the law of man contradicts the law of God? Which would you choose to live under? Would you break the laws of men, specifically to live under the law of God?
    Absolutely. However, in Christ, man is under no law. His submission to Christ allows (demands) obedience to all earthly authority, save but a few areas.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 01:41
    Absolutely. However, in Christ, man is under no law. His submission to Christ allows (demands) obedience to all earthly authority, save but a few areas.
    So do you, after confessing, or praying or whatever it is you do to absolve yourself of sin, then go out stoning adulterers and adulteresses on a Friday night?
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 02:33
    so you say the RCC is part of this ,,"earthly authority".
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 15:02
    So do you, after confessing, or praying or whatever it is you do to absolve yourself of sin, then go out stoning adulterers and adulteresses on a Friday night?
    Again, the believer is not under the law. We do not live in a theocracy (yet), and even if we did, I am not an agent of that government, even if happen to be a citizen.

Is there a point you're driving at, since it has already been established that the age of the law has passed?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 15:03
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    so you say the RCC is part of this ,,"earthly authority".
    If a person is under the umbrella of that organization, they are duty-bound to follow the same. Since I am not a member of their organization, I feel no such compulsion.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    07 Oct '06 15:052 edits
    In the 16th century numbers seemed to be considered success according to what draws the crowds and then a crowd, is used as proof of the truth, maybe one should not pour the clear water of the truth into the muddy wells of the human mind, hatreds doesnt stop through hatred, through love alone does it stop, an eternal law.....and Jesus said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

gil

possibly Jesus would have been known as Jesus Chrisp!
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 00:03
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    In the 16th century numbers seemed to be considered success according to what draws the crowds and then a crowd, is used as proof of the truth, maybe one should not pour the clear water of the truth into the muddy wells of the human mind, hatreds doesnt stop through hatred, through love alone does it stop, an eternal law.....and Jesus said, "Love your ene ...[text shortened]... for those who persecute you"

gil

possibly Jesus would have been known as Jesus Chrisp!
    burnt to a crisp.... lol
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 00:33
    Again, the believer is not under the law. We do not live in a theocracy (yet), and even if we did, I am not an agent of that government, even if happen to be a citizen.

Is there a point you're driving at, since it has already been established that the age of the law has passed?
    Surely, you are not saying that the days of God's law have passed?! If not, then it is your duty to purify yourself of sin and go stone some adultering ass!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 00:49
    Surely, you are not saying that the days of God's law have passed?! If not, then it is your duty to purify yourself of sin and go stone some adultering ass!
    The shadow has been replaced with the reality. The law was a substitute teacher, replaced with the spiritual life afforded us by the substitutionary work of the Christ.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 02:11
    The shadow has been replaced with the reality. The law was a substitute teacher, replaced with the spiritual life afforded us by the substitutionary work of the Christ.
    So what you are saying is that the OT became null and void once Christ came?
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 08:06
    Mandrake.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 22:30
    I am saying that the Lord Jesus Christ was the only person who kept the entire law and was therefore qualified to be the acceptable sacrifice for sin. That sacrifice has effectively fulfilled the law and caused it to pass away, replaced by the spiritual life available in Him.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Oct '06 23:14
    I am saying that the Lord Jesus Christ was the only person who kept the entire law and was therefore qualified to be the acceptable sacrifice for sin. That sacrifice has effectively fulfilled the law and caused it to pass away, replaced by the spiritual life available in Him.
    SO the OT became null and void then? The old laws don't need to be followed any more? Christ may have said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", but he didn't nullify the law that adulteresses need be stoned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree