1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 17:15
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Okay. You wish not to take a position.
    My position is that we don't know. That you fill this gap with superstition and folklore that appeals to your imagination is a personal matter for you and creates no knowledge for me other than the knowledge I have about your beliefs.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 17:16
    You don't know and no one else knows either.
    We agree then.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 17:20
    I see no reason to apologize for virtually knowing this. Yes, I think I do KNOW this. Thanks. That's all. The origin of life is an eternal living Life - God. No apologies.
    No one has asked you to apologize. Stop making stuff up.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 17:27
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No one has asked you to apologize. Stop making stuff up.
    Sounds like you want an apology for that.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 17:32
    Sounds like you want an apology for that.
    Making stuff and attributing it to the people you talk to is part of your character. You should want to do better.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:54
    So satisfying to live unto Christ and God for His coming back imminently.

Here are some good testimonies of young and working Christians driven to serve the Lord in preparation for Christ's coming back.

Working Saints Fellowship at the 2017 Memorial Day Conference - White Plains, NY

YouTube : =WorkingSaints2017
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 12:01
    Sonship, if life is, indeed, a gift from what you see as your creator, why is it not enough of a gift for people like you? Why the leap to 'we MUST surely be able to exist for all eternity'?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:335 edits
    This created life without being in living union with God, does not fully manifest the purpose for which it was created.

We ceritanly acknowledge man's created life as something of a gift. But it was created to be a vessel to contain the uncreated DIvine Person to fully fulfill the meaning of its creation.

Man apart from God may be good in many regards. But man not united with God, indwelt by God, in union with God and mingled with God does not manifest the full purpose for which natural life was given to man.

Man completely united with God as one is expressed in history on this earth in the Person of Jesus Christ. Mere man not united with God is not altogether bad but not as glorious as man united with God.

So the real gift is for the created natural life to be united with the uncreated and eternal Person.

Much worse than good man yet not united is a fallen man infested with God's enemy Satan.

IN order of inferiority to superiority then:

1.) Man illegally joined with Satan - the lowest level ending in death, and under the wrath of God.

2.) Man not united with Satan but natural - better, and even possibly everlasting. Better but not yet the TOP blessing.

3.) Man mingled and united with God, organically one and blended with the uncreated Divine Person - the TOP blessing, best of all.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:46
    Originally posted by @soothfast
    Besides that, the Christian version of eternal life perplexes me utterly. The "saved" will find that many of their loved ones didn't make the cut and are burning in a lake of fire. How can one enjoy eternity in those conditions? And what of those who remarried after their first spouse died? Is bigamy allowed in heaven?

I'll just say that if, under ...[text shortened]... pen wight wrought by the hammer of your god as a condition for passing through the Pearly Gates.
    That is the ugly version of Christianity promoted by the lovers of hellfire and god’s “Perfect justice” of torturing people for eternity.

It’s repellant isn’t it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:471 edit
    If you believe that life is a giftwas it also a gift to our creator who gave it ?
    Why don’t you learn to read properly sonship. The OP says “if”.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:49
    My bolding on YOUR OP.

[b] Life is an almost incomprehensibly wonderful thing. If it is, indeed, a gift from a creator, why is it not enough of a gift for some people? Why the leap to 'we MUST surely be able to exist for all eternity'?

Would you now like to rephrase this ?[/b]
    Are you pretending to be dense?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you pretending to be dense?
    You're late. We've straightened out any misunderstanding about that OP.

Now while you are boasting of your high level of intelligence in all things remind yourself that we must humble ourselves like little children for His kingdom.

" And said, Truly I say to you, Unless you turn and become like little children you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

He therefore who will humble himself like this little child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens,

And whoever receives one such little child because of My name, receives Me .." (Matt. 18:3-5)

While you criticize me I enjoy a peace with God's will and you seem tortured with agitation which rob you of much peace in heart. Because you cannot receive as a humble child some of the things in Christ's teaching.

You boast in your assumed sophistication.
    I'll boast in the simplicity of faith and peace at God's will.

Never did such superior reading comprehension education cause such unrest and restlessness in heart at the oracles of God.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 18:13
    You're late. We've straightened out any misunderstanding about that OP.

Now while you are boasting of your high level of intelligence in all things remind yourself that we must humble ourselves like little children for His kingdom.

[quote] [b] " And said, Truly I say to you, Unless you turn and become like little children you shall by no means enter ...[text shortened]... ading comprehension education cause such unrest and restlessness in heart at the oracles of God.
    Yes I saw that you had “straightened out” things. However I decided to comment becuase I thought you were being deliberately obtuse. And you were.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 19:232 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yes I saw that you had “straightened out” things. However I decided to comment becuase I thought you were being deliberately obtuse. And you were.
    No I was not. And actually there is no mistake because at face value it appears that he is conceding that life is a gift from a creator.

You like to always say things are being done deliberately.
    I read quickly and responded rather hastily.

You like to nit pick on minor things, hoping to score on minor things to distract from your inability to refute major things.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 19:28
    I read quickly and responded rather hastily.
    I agree that you were in the wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree