1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 19:29
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You like to nit pick on minor things, hoping to score on minor things to distract from your inability to refute major things.
    Such as?

Precisely, specifically.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Such as?

Precisely, specifically.
    Like this thread.

You agree then?

Man completely united with God as one is expressed in history on this earth in the Person of Jesus Christ. Mere man not united with God is not altogether bad but not as glorious as man united with God.

So the real gift is for the created natural life to be united with the uncreated and eternal Person.

Much worse than good man yet not united is a fallen man infested with God's enemy Satan.

IN order of inferiority to superiority then:

1.) Man illegally joined with Satan - the lowest level ending in death, and under the wrath of God.

2.) Man not united with Satan but natural - better, and even possibly everlasting. Better but not yet the TOP blessing.

3.) Man mingled and united with God, organically one and blended with the uncreated Divine Person - the TOP blessing, best of all.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 04:34
    Like this thread.
    “You like to nit pick on minor things, hoping to score on minor things to distract from your inability to refute major things.”

Reply by divegeester
    Such as, specifically, precisely?

Best you can come up with
    “Like this thread”

🙄
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 04:54
    You like to nit pick on minor things, hoping to score on minor things to distract from your inability to refute major things.

Like this thread.
    This thread is about life and death, about human aspirations, human conjecture about an afterlife, about the promises perceived to have been made by divine beings. You think it is "nitpicking on minor things"? Good grief. What is the matter with you, sonship?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 03:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This thread is about life and death, about human aspirations, human conjecture about an afterlife, about the promises perceived to have been made by divine beings. You think it is "nitpicking on minor things"? Good grief. What is the matter with you, sonship?
    Divegeester was complaining over my supposed not noticing the word " if ". Learn to read, his remedy.

Nothing much in his criticism about my statements on

- " life and death, about human aspirations, human conjecture about an afterlife, about the promises perceived to have been made by divine beings. "
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 03:03
    Divegeester was complaining over my supposed not noticing the word " if ". Learn to read, his remedy.

Nothing much in his criticism about my statements on

- " life and death, about human aspirations, human conjecture about an afterlife, about the promises perceived to have been made by divine beings. "
    "This thread" is not "nitpicking on minor things". You sound foolish.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 06:265 edits
    "This thread" is not "nitpicking on minor things". You sound foolish.
    I didn't say that "this thread" or "the thread" was nitpicking on minor things. I said his complaint about my treatment (or lack of) the word "IF" was.

You sound overly subjective about your thread.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 06:391 edit
    Life is an almost incomprehensibly wonderful thing. If it is, indeed, a gift from a creator, why is it not enough of a gift for some people? Why the leap to 'we MUST surely be able to exist for all eternity'?
    If it is, indeed, a gift from a creator, why is it not enough of a gift for some people? Why the leap to 'we MUST surely be able to exist for all eternity'?

Its a perfectly fair question.

To those who have natural life eternity is something of a longing which God has placed in their hearts.

"He has made everything beautiful in its own time; also He has put eternity in their heart, yet so that man does not find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Of course an Atheist would say "God has not put eternity or anything else in my heart."

And some people appear not to long for anything beyond what they can derive from being under the sun.

This is not an attempt to give a full answer to the question poses in the OP which I did not say was nitpicking at all.

The book of Ecclesiastes is interesting to me because it kind of wrestles with this problem of man from a pragmatic point of view. It general theme is that something is missing if only things in this life are important.

In fact the man who had so much in wisdom, fame, pleasures, riches, artistic possessions, beauty, wives, property said several times that it was all VANITY and chasing after the wind.

Solomon said, given this life as the only thing, SOMETHING is missing. Something renders it all "vanity of vanities".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 07:41
    I didn't say that "this thread" or "the thread" was nitpicking on minor things. I said his complaint about my treatment (or lack of) the word "IF" was.
    Don't be so silly. You have too much vanity. Too much pride. Remember you claim to be like Jesus.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 07:461 edit
    To those who have natural life eternity is something of a longing which God has placed in their hearts.
    Do you believe your God placed a longing for "natural life eternity" in the hearts of Muslims and Hindus according to the religions they profess too? Presumably, you do. Those religions offer answers to that supposedly divinely "placed" longing, as you know. Seems like a bit of a sadistic 'joke' that your ideology sees them getting hung out burning on chains forever when they die for not having the same religion [i.e. answer to the longing] as you, don't you?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 17:57
    Don't be so silly. You have too much vanity. Too much pride. Remember you claim to be like Jesus.
    What on earth are you on about ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:01
    Do you believe your God placed a longing for "natural life eternity" in the hearts of Muslims and Hindus according to the religions they profess too? Presumably, you do. Those religions offer answers to that supposedly divinely "placed" longing, as you know. Seems like a bit of a sadistic 'joke' that your ideology sees them getting hung out burning on chains fo ...[text shortened]... r when they die for not having the same religion [i.e. answer to the longing] as you, don't you?
    I don't believe God is the God of religion.

"Religions" is sociological construct you need to make sense of the world from your point of view.

And Muslims and Hindus are human being too. So what was put into the hearts of all human beings was also put into the hearts of Muslims and Hindus and Atheists.

Arguing that God is a matter only pertinent to "religions" is as stupid sounding to me as arguing that gravity only applies to the physics laboratory.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 01:11
    "Religions" is sociological construct you need to make sense of the world from your point of view.
    You are a propagandist for your religion, sonship. Religions - like yours - are a construct that people like you need to make sense of the world. They are the product of psychology and anthropology.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 01:15
    [b]And Muslims and Hindus are human being too. So what was put into the hearts of all human beings was also put into the hearts of Muslims and Hindus and Atheists. /b]
    So you believe ~ according to your ideology ~ that your god figure placed the longing for an afterlife in the hearts of Muslims and Hindus, whose religions promote the notion of an afterlife that corresponds to that longing, and then your god figure plans to hang Muslims and Hindus out burning on chains forever and ever for being Muslims and Hindus? Blimey.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 03:12
    Life is an almost incomprehensibly wonderful thing. If it is, indeed, a gift from a creator, why is it not enough of a gift for some people? Why the leap to 'we MUST surely be able to exist for all eternity'?
    No one lives for all eternity......unless you were born at the beginning of time, that is.

Then after we are born, does God want us around for all eternity? Are we worth it?

That is the question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree