1. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 14:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    And as difficult as it is, being human, I respect others beliefs and faith.
    Though at times it may not sound that way here in the forum.
    Too many communication restraints are making this debate a struggle.

We need to respect each other. If I were to meet you out there in the world I would not be so bold and would do anything to show friendship.
    But alas, respect is reciprocal.
    I have complete respect for your beliefs and opinions. Maybe we say stuff thats pretty blunt over the internet, but, hey, it makes you think right?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 15:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    Prove I'm lying to myself!
    We've already agreed that we can't prove our belief because it is based on faith. But I stop short of labeling someone a liar because I think they are wrong.
    I know some very honest people who don't believe in God. And conversely christians that are less than honest.
    In a sense I agree that if someone believes in something tha ...[text shortened]... ut I also find that kind of reasoning to be somewhat convoluted.
    It's the best I can do!
    IF God doesn't exist, yet you still choose to tell yourself he does, even if you absolutely believe it, you are still not telling the truth to yourself.

There is as much evidence for God as there is for the flying spaghetti monster. Based upon empirical evidence, if I claimed the world was created by the FSM you'd think I was a liar or a nut job, right?
  3. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 15:05
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    IF God doesn't exist, yet you still choose to tell yourself he does, even if you absolutely believe it, you are still not telling the truth to yourself.

There is as much evidence for God as there is for the flying spaghetti monster. Based upon empirical evidence, if I claimed the world was created by the FSM you'd think I was a liar or a nut job, right?
    Not if millions of other people agreed with you. But as Pope Benidict the sixteenth said, 'truth is not determined by a majority vote.'
  4. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 18:42
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Not if millions of other people agreed with you. But as Pope Benidict the sixteenth said, 'truth is not determined by a majority vote.'
    so you belive there is no heaven
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 19:34
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    so you belive there is no heaven
    I think once you die its oblivion.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 22:48
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    I have complete respect for your beliefs and opinions. Maybe we say stuff thats pretty blunt over the internet, but, hey, it makes you think right?
    Ya, it makes me think. I'm enjoying it.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 22:54
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

I feel like we're in a circular agument!
    I'm tring to find a way to debate the issue, but I'm failing to communicate my ideas without it always sounding like an argument.
    And to be perfectly honest, I get the same thing from you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree