1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 16:50
    If I were an avowed atheist...

If I were an avowed athesist I wouldn't have the least interest in posting to this 'Spirituality Forum' and playing king of the mountain in attempting to put down believers in Christ who have bought into silly absolutes. Let the weak minded have their security blankets. Let them place their confidence in the belief that God is a person with self awareness and self determination; perfect integrity and respect for human volition; who has revealed Himself to mankind in all generations for the sole purpose of reconciliation. Hell no. I'd devote my energies to things I could get excited about. Sure wouldn't practice shooting fish in a barrel and calling it a day. Above all, I'd strive to matter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor. Your point of view?

2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]If I were an avowed atheist...

If I were an avowed athesist I wouldn't have the least interest in posting to this 'Spirituality Forum' and playing king of the mountain in attempting to put down believers in Christ who have bought into silly absolutes. Let the weak minded have their security blankets. Let them place their confidence in the bel ter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor. Your point of view?

.[/b]
    Would you think the same if you were an 'unavowed' atheist Gramps?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:08

If I were an avowed athesist I wouldn't have the least interest in posting to this 'Spirituality Forum' and playing king of the mountain in attempting to put down believers in Christ who have bought into silly absolutes. Let the weak minded have their security blankets. Let them place their confidence in the bel ...[text shortened]... ter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor. Your point of view?

.[/b]
    Why are you posting here and not "striving to matter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor"?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:13

If I were an avowed athesist I wouldn't have the least interest in posting to this 'Spirituality Forum' and playing king of the mountain in attempting to put down believers in Christ who have bought into silly absolutes. Let the weak minded have their security blankets. Let them place their confidence in the bel ...[text shortened]... ter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor. Your point of view?

.[/b]
    Theists are too aggressively political for that.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Would you think the same if you were an 'unavowed' atheist Gramps?
    Hi, Proper Knob. Long time no see. With respect to your question, Negative. Hardly my style

to use closets for anything other than clothing, shoes and to hide stuff I'm trying to lose.

6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 17:59
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why are you posting here and not "striving to matter in some worthwhile vocational and/or avocational endeavor"?
    Hi, Pal. Obviously I'm on lunch break.

7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Theists are too aggressively political for that.
    Agree. Some folks always succeed in confusing religion which, if distilled to its irreducible essence, amounts to man by man's efforts attempting to gain the approbation of God. They think trying to help God run the universe He created (pushing the jet as it were) will weigh something in the ultimate judgement scales. Christianity on the other hand isn't a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. He does the work and offers the grace gift of eternal salvation.

Each of us accept it or reject it (and place our confidence in someone or something else). The choice is yours.

8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 18:41

.[/b]
    False religion is on par with atheism.

Actually false religion is worse than atheism because when young persons come to religion for guidance they become misdirected into sinful life by false religion.

Instructing young persons to eat meat because God allows it is encouraging them into sinful life.

At least a person who is an atheist can rise up to theism at some point.

But persons of false religion remain fixed in their falsity because they believe they have truth.

False religion is then worse than atheism...............leading people into sinful life and believing its not sinful.

An atheist at least knows he is in error.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 19:13
    Why do you hate loafing? 😕
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 19:19
    Dinesh Dzousa on The New Atheism

Taking on their Strong points rather than their weak points.

YouTube&feature=related
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 19:47
    Originally posted by Dasa

Actually false religion is worse than atheism because when young persons come to religion for guidance they become misdirected into sinful life by false religion.

Instructing young persons to eat meat because God allows it is encouraging them into sinful life.

At least a person who is an atheist can rise up to theism ...[text shortened]... e into sinful life and believing its not sinful.

An atheist at least knows he is in error.
    All?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 21:37
    Agree. Some folks always succeed in confusing religion which, if distilled to its irreducible essence, amounts to man by man's efforts attempting to gain the approbation of God. They think trying to help God run the universe He created (pushing the jet as it were) will weigh something in the ultimate judgement scales. Christianity on the other hand isn' ...[text shortened]... eject it (and place our confidence in someone or something else). The choice is yours.

HalleluYah
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 23:14
    Originally posted by Dasa

Agreed. The question then becomes:

Then why do you insist on touting your false religion?

You seek to sway people from the truth.

Begone, serpent!
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 23:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Begone, serpent!
    Profiled!
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 00:58
    Profiled!
    did you see her rating chart? it's like the himalayas!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree