1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 20:44
    If Jesus came back, and told everyone that the Bible was sort of screwed up. and a major misinterpretation of his message has been had upon the world. Would the Christians think that he must be a Demon trying to fool the people ? I'm sure they would. The kind of rigid mind set of the Christian right is hard to penetrate. Anything that would go against the present view of what Jesus is all about would be met with total disbelief. "It must be the Devil trying to trick us" would be the cry.
  2. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 21:15
    Originally posted by buckky
    If Jesus came back, and told everyone that the Bible was sort of screwed up. and a major misinterpretation of his message has been had upon the world. Would the Christians think that he must be a Demon trying to fool the people ? I'm sure they would. The kind of rigid mind set of the Christian right is hard to penetrate. Anything that would go against the pr ...[text shortened]... would be met with total disbelief. "It must be the Devil trying to trick us" would be the cry.
    Hmmm, If Jesus came back today? Good question.

I think the Jews would buy into it. They'd want to play it safe this time.
    Especially after that last debacle...

Some christians would go ballistic though. If Jesus came back now, preaching the same sermons he preached in the bible before, I think christians would divide themselves in two groups:

1. They'd follow him and believe.

2. They'd crucify him (figuratively of course). We'd get to see some real fireworks on TV and hear'em on talk radio though. Just imagine what would happen to Big J when he states on Larry King that he's against the war in Iraq??? Whoa mama! It'd also be fun to see if the Bush administration could discredit him.

3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:02
    He'll be here Thursday.
    OMG, that's tomorrow! Better tidy up the place a bit.
  4. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:47
    If Jesus came back, and told everyone that the Bible was sort of screwed up. and a major misinterpretation of his message has been had upon the world. Would the Christians think that he must be a Demon trying to fool the people ? I'm sure they would. The kind of rigid mind set of the Christian right is hard to penetrate. Anything that would go against the pr ...[text shortened]... would be met with total disbelief. "It must be the Devil trying to trick us" would be the cry.
    If he does we have to think of a cooler way to kill him this time . We need to ask , what symbol of his death would look fetching around the neck of a fashion minded christian 2000 years from now . The cross is sooo passe' . How about a little guillotine ? Or the plain but rather understated ellegance of a noose ? Maybe an assualt rifle ?

Other ideas ?
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:56
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    If he does we have to think of a cooler way to kill him this time . We need to ask , what symbol of his death would look fetching around the neck of a fashion minded christian 2000 years from now . The cross is sooo passe' . How about a little guillotine ? Or the plain but rather understated ellegance of a noose ? Maybe an assualt rifle ?

Other ideas ?
    If he showed up in the Middle East I'm pretty sure a suicide bomber would get him.
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 01:29
    JESUS would not come back and say that.
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 01:33
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Hmmm
    Let's look at this.
    If Jesus did come back and say those things, you would reject Him?
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 03:50
    As Max von Sydow's character in Woody Allen's Hannah And Her Sisters says: "If Jesus came back and saw what they were doing in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 04:24
    I'm an athiest and don't believe in reincarnation but still adhere to to some of Jesus words in relation to peace making and kindness. We don't live like that today. Too many are bigotted and hypocritical in the way we live, with church on Sunday and and an extramarital lovers bed two nights a week.

Why would Jesus be reincarnated now. What as anyone done to prepare the way. Christianity is so fragmented that to express a Christian view would cause offence to one faction or the other.

From Puritan to Charismatic to Catholic there's no pleasing everyone.
    The world is in a bigger mess than 2005 years ago.

Jesus may have been several times or may be here in several reincarnations right now how would we know? Christians would lock him away as a fruitcake.

The answer to this that normally comes out is that "When Jesus comes people will know!" So we sit around and wait for a miracle, a sign of the coming.

Don't wait any longer waiting for signs ask the questions that he would ask of you now! Think hard, sleep on it and discuss it in alpha groups and you'll understand what those questions may be and what the answers are.

In my humble opinion Jesus would ask you to close the churches.. all churches, all religions. He would ask people to come together in open ground and hill tops. He would ask people to embrace each other and care for each other and to stop debating differences. All as one regardless of race creed or what has been said before by anyone.
    Then love will come to all.

10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 05:231 edit
    what makes you so sure? (other than blind faith)
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 05:21
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    what makes you so sure? (other than blind faith)
    All you need is faith to believe in THE WORD OF GOD
  12. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 05:23
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Hmmm
    Let's look at this.
    If Jesus did come back and say those things, you would reject Him?
    When JESUS returns we will hear what HE has to say. Then we will know.
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 08:38
    All you need is faith to believe in THE WORD OF GOD
    No I don't. You may and may do so but I don't believe in God and don't need faith in anything except the goodness that surrounds us everyday. Hopefully with a wise enough mind to know that their is a fair amount of corruption around too.

I you do believe think first about how much pressure has gone on you to believe; from family and friends?

You'll think about it from time to time and one day you'll realise the truth and you'll be happier living in reality.
  14. Standard memberdj2becker
    Tiger's ghost
    Shetland cemetery
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 08:412 edits
    You may and may do so but I don't believe in God and don't need faith in anything except the goodness that surrounds us everyday.

Where do you think the goodness came from which surrounds us everyday?
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 10:31
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Actually, I am back. However, no one seems to be believing in me. Especially given my newfound more critical stance on religion. It all started when, as the Bible correctly reports, God forsook me on the cross. I mean, I really didn't think he would do that, as my words clearly implied at the time.

Anyhow, that's all ancient history now. God, now s ...[text shortened]... tting you bestow sexual favours upon me. No, not you Shavixmir!

Yours,

J.C. (Pawnokeyhole)
    "God loves Shavixmir" truer words have never been spoken