1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 02:363 edits
    he would have struck down the thievingReveal Hidden Content
    (and most surely steaming drunk)
    gypsies that nicked by bike seat with a bolt of lightning before the transaction was completed! Alas I saw no steaming corpse heaped next to my fold up bike (sans seat). 🙁
    Have had to cycle 2 miles back home, entirely uphill, and on the pavements standing up, from the library at 3.a.m >>:[
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 May '11 03:16
    Originally posted by Agerg
    he would have struck down the thieving[hidden](and most surely steaming drunk)[/hidden]gypsies that nicked by bike seat with a bolt of lightning before the transaction was completed! Alas I saw no steaming corpse heaped next to my fold up bike (sans seat). 🙁
    Have had to cycle 2 miles back home, entirely uphill, and on the pavements standing up, from the library at 3.a.m >>:[
    There is a loving God but he's obviously ignoring you.....Lol.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 May '11 04:59
    he would have struck down the thieving[hidden](and most surely steaming drunk)[/hidden]gypsies that nicked by bike seat with a bolt of lightning before the transaction was completed! Alas I saw no steaming corpse heaped next to my fold up bike (sans seat). 🙁
    I'm sure it made delivering those newspapers a bummer too. 🙁
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 May '11 08:37
    then the gypsies would have said "there is no loving god or else he would have stopped lightning to strike me"
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 May '11 08:49
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    HA! 😵
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 12:21
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Good shot! ;]
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '11 12:34
    God loves the Gypsies too and felt they were more in need of the bicycle seat than you. He is also exercising 'tough love' by teaching you a lesson for not properly looking after those poor Gypsies.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    God loves the Gypsies too and felt they were more in need of the bicycle seat than you. He is also exercising 'tough love' by teaching you a lesson for not properly looking after those poor Gypsies.
    True, I can see how it can be argued the needs of those poor gypsies (= in this case, drunken students...probably not *actual* gypsies) were greater than mine. At whatever time they pinched it I was either writing my dissertation or smoking (neither of which require bicycle seats), whilst they were in desperate need of a cheap laugh. Their need for it at that particular moment was indeed greater.

Had this God thought a little further ahead though, he'd have realised my need for the seat was somewhat more intransient than theirs. I'm not quite as angry now though, perhaps them breaking their legs or something will suffice.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '11 12:56
    True, I can see how it can be argued the needs of those poor gypsies (= in this case, drunken students...probably not *actual* gypsies) were greater than mine. At whatever time they pinched it I was either writing my dissertation or smoking (neither of which require bicycle seats), whilst they were in desperate need of a cheap laugh. Their need for it at that ...[text shortened]... I'm not quite as angry now though, perhaps them breaking their legs or something will suffice.
    An entity that tried to look after your every need is a"genie".

Might be a good idea to rename your thread to "If I had a Genie ..."
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    An entity that tried to look after your every need is a"genie".

Might be a good idea to rename your thread to "If I had a Genie ..."
    Erm no...we all know genies exist (and they're not omnipresent), the jury's still out on this God thing though.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '11 13:17
    I'm not quite as angry now though, perhaps them breaking their legs or something will suffice.
    God, being more loving than you will probably just settle for a hangover.

Consider the episode punishment for your obvious racism towards Gypsies.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 13:272 edits
    God, being more loving than you will probably just settle for a hangover.

Consider the episode punishment for your obvious racism towards Gypsies.
    Ah...see when I said "thieving gypsies" I meant in the figure of speech sense as it is popular here (or used to be popular at least) in the UK; similar how you'd refer to someone as "that bas***d" without actually intending any inference about his/her parents marital status before birth.

No racism intended (actually I was unaware they were a race per se, have always thought of them as arbitrary-race wanderers who use and abuse whatever whatever lands or resources happen to be in their way) and apologies to those who have/will have been offended.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '11 13:59
    No racism intended (actually I was unaware they were a race per se, have always thought of them as arbitrary-race wanderers who use and abuse whatever whatever lands or resources happen to be in their way) and apologies to those who have/will have been offended.
    I didn't realize it was a commonly used insult.

But although racism was not intended, you are certainly guilty of judging people based not on who they are, but on characteristics they share with others (in this case their choice of lifestyle). Not everyone who moves from place to place is a thief, or otherwise abuses what they come across. By thus pre-judging people and going further to the extent of using their name to insult others you are definitely in need of some tough love and I am sure that is what God had in mind. In fact, due to his omnipotence, I certainly knew you would come to this forum, learn a bit more about Gypsies and possibly repent of your errors.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 May '11 14:162 edits
    I didn't realize it was a commonly used insult.

But although racism was not intended, you are certainly guilty of judging people based not on who they are, but on characteristics they share with others (in this case their choice of lifestyle). Not everyone who moves from place to place is a thief, or otherwise abuses what they come across. By thus pre- ...[text shortened]... ou would come to this forum, learn a bit more about Gypsies and possibly repent of your errors.
    It turns out that with further reading, the 'etymology' of the phrase I used stems from a comedy sketch in an adult comic entitled "Viz" which was popular here in the UK back in the 80's/90's.

Anyhow I have two choices:
    a) challenge your post on a couple of points I don't entirely agree with
    b) acknowledge my error and move on

I choose (b).
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '11 14:531 edit
    b) acknowledge my error and move on
    I am sure God will now protect your saddle for you. 🙂

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.

That which kills you can only be explained away through appeals to the existence of an afterlife or some complex kharma, or justice system in which wrongs naturally deserve punishment and usually in which punishment may be transfered over generations or as a collective.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree