1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:12
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Given that it has yet to be determined that "God" is not a man made entity it makes pretty good sense from my perspective.
    This is why one doesn't discuss relativity with a three year old.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:15
    WOW, the manIPulation of posting in many of these posts is astoundingly gross!
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is why one doesn't discuss relativity with a three year old.
    ooh! What would Jesus say? 😞
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:21
    Originally posted by Agerg
    ooh! What would Jesus say? 😞
    This:

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." -- Matthew 7:6
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:24
    This:

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." -- Matthew 7:6
    Yes, and was even addressing himself, however, not for that period of time, NOW.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:241 edit
    This:

Nah mate...I meant what would Jesus say about relativity!

Anyway it's been a pleasure, we must discuss your magic friend another time! :]
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:27
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Yes, and was even addressing himself, however, not for that period of time, NOW.
    Like much of the Sermon on the Mount, the lessons are for everyone, for all time.
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 00:28
    Like much of the Sermon on the Mount, the lessons are for everyone, for all time.
    AMEN Selah
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 07:32
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Ready... Set... Sin!
    Alright ... give me a biscuit. I know you got a juicy link there somewhere, Hand of Hecate.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:00
    So you hold God and man to the same measuring stick?

How can I even make sense of this?
    So you're happy to serve this lord who lays down a moral code for you which he chooses not to follow himself? A 'Do as I say, not as I do' sort of god? How can I make sense of this?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:53
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So you're happy to serve this lord who lays down a moral code for you which he chooses not to follow himself? A 'Do as I say, not as I do' sort of god? How can I make sense of this?
    God made man in His image. He didn't make man exactly like Himself. God is not man, and man is not God. How can man do as God does? This is what I mean when I ask how can I make sense of this. God is our Father, please don't try to tell me that parents don't constantly practice this "do as I say, not as I do". You are looking at it from the viewpoint of the child who is told not to do something for his own good. You have no concept of why God does what He does. "How can I make sense of this?" indeed.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:422 edits
    God made man in His image. He didn't make man exactly like Himself. God is not man, and man is not God. How can man do as God does? This is what I mean when I ask how can I make sense of this. God is our Father, please don't try to tell me that parents don't constantly practice this "do as I say, not as I do". You are looking at it from the viewpoint ...[text shortened]... ou have no concept of why God does what He does. "How can I make sense of this?" indeed.
    Excuse me, but the Image of something, and it's Likeness, is it's REFLECTION, it's at-one-ment, which, therefore means this abiding ALLOWS one to "express and live" the exact of it's BEING.

>>>How can man do as God does?<<<

Christ SHOWED very well how so, and asked his followers to do as he, which in turn shall do GREATER THINGS than what was seen of him.

>>>God is our Father<<<

Yes, as Christ SHOWED his "oneness" with HIM, and said "I and my Father are one, but my Father is GREATER than I.", and they that are building into this same stature, this would as well apply to them! Amen Selah =]
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 00:37
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Ready... Set... Sin!
    You left out a step.

Ready...Set...Sin...Die!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 03:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    You left out a step.

Ready...Set...Sin...Die!
    you mean like commit suicide ? 😕
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 18:45
    God made man in His image. He didn't make man exactly like Himself. God is not man, and man is not God. How can man do as God does? This is what I mean when I ask how can I make sense of this. God is our Father, please don't try to tell me that parents don't constantly practice this "do as I say, not as I do". You are looking at it from the viewpoint ...[text shortened]... ou have no concept of why God does what He does. "How can I make sense of this?" indeed.
    Of course you're right, if there is a god I can't possibly understand his motives. And of course, we cannot do as god does. And, I agree, many parents discharge their responsibilities in that manner - but not the better ones, I think? I suggest you are mistaken however in your assertion that I look at these things from a child-like viewpoint. I do not follow the christian faith, however I do strive to do what I perceive to be the right thing - not because I am commanded thus by god however - I do so for my own, entirely non-religious reasons. It simply seems to me that a god worthy of mankind's worship ought to be at least as morally correct as he commands his subjects to be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree