1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I'm not talking about terminating a life - I couldnt condone that for anyone.

I'm talking about a magic button that causes their existance never to happen.

And yes it was a tongue-in-cheek "joke".

I was thinking about an old movie I saw years ago (a comedy) where the defence lawyer was trying to get a man off murdering his wife. He presented the ...[text shortened]... nagging wives disappear ...

Of courseI find this mysoginistic image deeply offensive ...
    Yes, but dont you think someone else would just take their place?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My estimation of you goes up yet again.
    Thank you, although the question 'up from where' comes to mind....

Given you presumably still believe I am going to spend an eternity burning in hell and will deserve it...

You seem like a nice person but your religion really sucks.

As for my post.... I think some fairly unprintable things about Dasa given the stuff he spouts out, and
    RJHinds infuriates me with his constant refusal to debate reasonably or civilly, or accept anything resembling
    rationality.... But talking about a button that would cause them to cease to exist just isn't funny.

Killing people isn't funny. At least not to me, humour, and it's bounds is a tricky subject with many different views
    and opinions.

But I can't sit here and chastise religions for their callous ability to dehumanise their opponents and make killing
    them easy while joking about and dehumanising my opponents.

I know that the op wasn't meant to be taken seriously and I wouldn't report it had I the option to do so, but I can
    and will make my opinion that it isn't funny and why abundantly clear.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I'm not talking about terminating a life - I couldnt condone that for anyone.

I'm talking about a magic button that causes their existance never to happen.

And yes it was a tongue-in-cheek "joke".

I was thinking about an old movie I saw years ago (a comedy) where the defence lawyer was trying to get a man off murdering his wife. He presented the ...[text shortened]... nagging wives disappear ...

Of courseI find this mysoginistic image deeply offensive ...
    Yes, I realise and realised that.

I just don't find the joke or premise funny.

Offensive jokes can be funny, but if not funny, then they are just offensive.
    Bad jokes can be funny, but if not funny, they are just bad.

Evidently there are others who do find this funny and have joined in 'the joke' or responded
    with some of their own.

And that's fine, but I felt this was over a line I wasn't going to cross.

I think it's in bad taste to create an entire thread dedicated to the idea that two posters shouldn't
    have ever existed.

I would have no trouble with dasa being banned from the forums however.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 23:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge

Evidently there are others who do find this funny and have joined in 'the joke' or responded
    with some of their own.

And th ...[text shortened]... ever existed.

Thanks for not pushing the button on me. But I will gladly stop posting
    if that is what you wish me to do, for I have many other things I would
    like to do. I, however, thought I might be helping someone with my
    crude methods.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 23:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    crude methods.
    I still think you're a good guy and do believe you want to help. But teach what the Bible teaches and you'd be even greater....
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 23:511 edit
    crude methods.
    I don't want you to stop posting, I want you to be reasonable and actually debate things.

The moment someone posts a question you can't or don't want to answer you either ignore it,
    make a flippant comment, or insult the person asking the question.

If instead you would simply do your best to actually deal with and answer the question in the way
    debates are supposed to run then that would be fine.

Also avoiding such crudities as this ...

"You are talking out your arse again or whatever you call that big hole
    behind you with the foul and disgusting smelly stuff coming out.
    "

....And not posting a smug emoticon on the end of every post would be a good start.

I don't want to stifle you or impinge on your free speech but I would like to actually be able to
    debate you. So would everyone else.

EDIT: I would add that you are far from the only person who avoids answering questions, you are just
    one of the more prominent and thus noticeable.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 00:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I still think you're a good guy and do believe you want to help. But teach what the Bible teaches and you'd be even greater....
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. However, we seem to disagree
    on what the Holy Bible teaches. I don't wish to lie to you, and just say
    what I know you would like to hear. The truth is a tough pill to swallow
    for some people. I know you believe the Watchtower Society is the
    ones teaching the truth, but don't forget they have had a record of
    being wrong on their prophecies and then change how it is interpreted
    after it fails.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 00:38
    I don't want you to stop posting, I want you to be reasonable and actually debate things.

The moment someone posts a question you can't or don't want to answer you either ignore it,
    make a flippant comment, or insult the person asking the question.

If instead you would simply do your best to actually deal with and answer the question in the way ...[text shortened]... avoids answering questions, you are just
    one of the more prominent and thus noticeable.
    Yes that wasn't too nice. But you must understand that being a Christian
    does not automatically change me into a perfect person. I get frustrated
    by your debating style too and just vent sometimes. I'm sorry you get
    offended by my choice of smiley face. I saw other people do it and I
    guess I got carried away with using a new toy.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 23:351 edit
    Thank you, although the question 'up from where' comes to mind....

Given you presumably still believe I am going to spend an eternity burning in hell and will deserve it...

You seem like a nice person but your religion really sucks.

As for my post.... I think some fairly unprintable things about Dasa given the stuff he spouts out, and
    RJHind so, but I can
    and will make my opinion that it isn't funny and why abundantly clear.
    Yes, agreed. But perhaps this is just another way to show those two poor misguided fools that we, (ie pretty much the rest of the people that post here- dont know about Robbie, though), are a bit sick of their one dimensional , all consuming, all knowing generally condescending posts aimed towards everyone that doesn't follow their way.

It seems that christians and "hindus" Do have something in common after all 😉
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 23:51

with some of their own.

And th ...[text shortened]... ever existed.

Death is a tricky subject. I agree that wolfgang may have slightly over-stepped the mark with his op, but given the context of these 2 serial posters and the behaviour both of them exhibit nearly all the time, I think it is fair enough.

I dont think Dasa should be banned. But perhaps I may re-consider my position on this in another 6 months.

I think every death should be treated on it's own merits. I dont think you can generalize about people's deaths very easily as all of them are unique, like weddings or people.
    For example I would hope that people make huge jokes about me when I am dead. But those few that really know me will know that. It may seem strange and even wrong for outsiders looking in. But for me and the energy that I have bought to my life I would be dissapointed if my close "friends" did NOT have a joke or many about my death.
    When I say "friends" and put it into inverted commas like that, I mean that the friends I have now may not be the same ones I have when I die. After all I should live at least another 30-40 years, barring any accidents of course, and I may have a whole new set of friends by then. But it is more the understanding and the understanding of one's place in the universe that would bring people into my sphere that I would term a "friend". It is really their love of themselves and the love of the universe in general that makes me love these people, rather than a specific love for me.
    (BTW I can usually count a "set of friends" on one hand during the course of my life so far. The only 1 friend I've had my whole life ,(since I was 6), is living 2000kms from me. )
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 23:56
    Thanks for responding in this thread, RJHinds. I think Dasa too should make a comment.
    I hope Dasa does not think he is above this and have to make no comment.
    After all , I would deifinately want to add a comment if it were my name that was inserted into the OP instead of Dasa and RJ.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 01:58
    That is exactly what I am trying to do. However, we seem to disagree
    on what the Holy Bible teaches. I don't wish to lie to you, and just say
    what I know you would like to hear. The truth is a tough pill to swallow
    for some people. I know you believe the Watchtower Society is the
    ones teaching the truth, but don't forget they have had a record of
    being wrong on their prophecies and then change how it is interpreted
    after it fails.
    Well actually my dear frind most here disagree with you on many points as you yourself have admitted, but that's besides the point.
    Yes the truth is hard to swallow and that's why the Witnesses are a small group on the grand scale of things and not much liked throughout most of the world.
    We have the cajones to stand up for the truths in the Bible all the while knowing we make most all other religions hate us for this and many have tried to shut us down and will continue to do so. ( A prophecy in the Bible )
    So no it's not easy to stand up against centuries old paganistic accepted religious traditions such as the trinity. If you like it and are satisfied with it good for you and keep fighting for it. I just hope someday you'll really want the truth and to serve God truthfully because no matter how much you think you are...you're not. ( Another bible prophecy )
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 04:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well actually my dear frind most here disagree with you on many points as you yourself have admitted, but that's besides the point.
    Yes the truth is hard to swallow and that's why the Witnesses are a small group on the grand scale of things and not much liked throughout most of the world.
    We have the cajones to stand up for the truths in the Bible al ...[text shortened]... fully because no matter how much you think you are...you're not. ( Another bible prophecy )
    I came to the Jehovah's Witnesses looking for the whole truth, but found
    truth mixed with lies.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 09:36
    I came to the Jehovah's Witnesses looking for the whole truth, but found
    truth mixed with lies.
    Like what? What did they lie about?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 10:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I think Dasa too should make a comment. I hope Dasa does not think he is above this and have to make no comment. After all , I would deifinately want to add a comment if it were my name that was inserted into the OP instead of Dasa and RJ.
    He may be making himself scarce because he has been caught very publicly and very bang-to-rights-ish in a lie on the issue of his call for genocide. He may not have realised how many people had seen the thread. His only post since he got nailed for this, was to start a thread in order to call me "dishonest" which appears not to have done the trick for him. He may be making no comment on this thread due to feeling a need to lay low.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree