1. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    13 Dec '05 22:27
    Given the situation you put us in...we have no way of finding the "truth". We have no way of deciding who is a truther and who is a falser. We have no way of deciding what memories are true and wich ones are false.

Everyone has his/her own way of viewing things. Everyone has their own truth. Generally, the thing that most people decide on being true is called THE truth.

The earth was flat for a very long time. That was the truth to everyone. Only when someone proved it wasn't so, people started to think otherwise. After a long time the roundness of the world became the truth.

As long as one doesn't have ALL information, one cannot say with certainty that truths of today will still be truths in 10 years.

With that, truth is dependant on the situation you're in.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 14:02
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    Given the situation you put us in...we have no way of finding the "truth". We have no way of deciding who is a truther and who is a falser. We have no way of deciding what memories are true and wich ones are false.

Everyone has his/her own way of viewing things. Everyone has their own truth. Generally, the thing that most people decide on being true ...[text shortened]... will still be truths in 10 years.

With that, truth is dependant on the situation you're in.
    Very good... I don't remember programming you, though... :

So, what you're saying is: I should not bother with trying to figure out the ultimate truth, if there is such a truth or to experiment on you or anyone else, until we "know" the truth (or all of them)...

But then, we don't have to bother, because we know... Or...

...will we ever really know?..

For every truth discovered, there must be another reality to explore.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree