1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 01:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where did I say or imply this :

..I disagreed with you in that every time someone does a good work it was just to score points with God.
    "Christ clearly defines who is righteous and who is not. The righteous are those who see Him and help Him in time of need .. feed, clothe, visit etc Him. The unrighteous do not do these things and they are .. cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels .. .

The unrighteous think they are already saved and eternally saved and they therefore are not inclined to help anyone but bask in their own self-righteousness and arrogance."

You imply that the works are what saves those that are saved, you even
    claim that the unrighteous do NO works and that is why they are not
    saved. The whole point of righteousness within this type of argument
    is righteousness by works, while I agree the righteous will be doing the
    works of God it is due to doing their duty in honoring the God they serve.
    I also acknowledge that even those that do not know God are also doing
    works we could call good, but they do it to be good enough, not that they
    have accepted Jesus' gift and now do it out of duty to Jesus.
    Kelly
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 02:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Christ clearly defines who is righteous and who is not. The righteous are those who see Him and help Him in time of need .. feed, clothe, visit etc Him. The unrighteous do not do these things and they are .. cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels .. .

The unrighteous think they are already saved and eternally saved and the ...[text shortened]... d enough, not that they
    have accepted Jesus' gift and now do it out of duty to Jesus.
    Kelly
    I impled nothing and painted nothing. Christ said what he said and its you that has a beef with the words of Christ. Here it is again .. what Christ said to the righteous :

Matt 25:34-35 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:

And here is what he said to the unrighteous

Mat 25:41-42 .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:

To the righteous Christ said I am rewarding you because of your good works. To the unrighteous Christ said I am casting you into everlasting fire for your lack of good works.

Same thing with the Good Samaritan .. he did the good works unlike the priest and the Levite and he will be rewarded. Same with the Rich Man who failed to do good works - he was cast into torment.

The entire new testament is about righteousness and godliness and good works as a prerequisite for eternal life.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 04:51
    Where did I say or imply this :

..I disagreed with you in that every time someone does a good work it was just to score points with God.
    I think you are wrong. I grow up wanting to be a firefighter so I could go to heaven.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 05:38
    I impled nothing and painted nothing. Christ said what he said and its you that has a beef with the words of Christ. Here it is again .. what Christ said to the righteous :

[i]Matt 25:34-35 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [b]For I w ...[text shortened]... estament is about righteousness and godliness and good works as a prerequisite for eternal life.
    You have the cart before the horse, it isn't by works we are saved.
    Kelly
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 11:541 edit
    Not just any kind of faith JosephW, but faith which demonstrates itself by love... chief of which is love for God and love for your neighbour.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but [b]faith which worketh by love.

The Pharisees [like many modern day Christans] claimed to have faith but they had no love.[/b]
    Rajk, reread the thread title and opening post, then read my reply.

You are replying to me out of context. You are merely projecting your own thoughts into my statements and thereby generating an argument.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 15:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Rajk, reread the thread title and opening post, then read my reply.

You are replying to me out of context. You are merely projecting your own thoughts into my statements and thereby generating an argument.
    Talk about the deluded debating the deluded.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 15:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Talk about the deluded debating the deluded.
    Talking from experience ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 15:36

Matt 25:34-35 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:

I agree with you that Christ awards these sheep because of benevelont works done to the least of Christ's brothers.

In this you have a case.

Now - WHO are the brothers of the Lord Jesus ?
    WHO are the least of the brothers of the Lord Jesus ?

1.) Those who do will of His Father.
    2.) Those who are Jews especially those sealed through the great tribulation for preservation and salvation.

1a.) "While He was speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and His brothers stood outside seekng to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, Behold Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to Him.

But He answered and said to him .... Who is My mother, and who are My brothers? And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, Behold, My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in the heavens, he is My brother and sister and mother." (Matt. 12:46 - 50)

2.b) "And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel" (Rev. 7:4)

It is not the whole general population of mankind which are His brothers. It is not the "brotherhood of man" but His brothers by receiving His life or being sealed to do so from the tribes of Israel, preserved in the great tribulation.

These are the brothers down to the least which are so persecuted by Antichrist just before the Son of Man comes in His glory :

a.) "And the dragon became angry with the woman and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus." (Rev. 12:17)

b.) "Here is the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." (Rev. 14:12)

These Christian left through the great tribulation and the sovereignly preserved of the 12 tribes of Israel are the brothers down to the least that are in desperate need of benevolence from people.

These people will be peoples on the earth who do not follow Antichrist. This apparently means that Antichrist will have those who will not respond towards him. They may know very near nothing about the Gospel as we know it today.

Perhaps at that time it will be difficult to even obtain a Bible.
    Because of the unusual intensity of the persecution a gospel, an "eternal gospel" will be announced supernaturally from the air by an angel (maybe more than one) -

"And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having an eternal gospel ti announce to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God and give glory -

TO HIM WHO HAS MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH AND THE SEA AND THE SPRINGS OF WATERS." (Rev. 14:6,7 my emphasis)

This is a gospel of fearing the Creator God. This is an eternal gospel of acknowledging that there is a Creator God. This is a counter announcement against to worship the Antichrist and receive his mark and worship his talking idol.

And here is what he said to the unrighteous

Mat 25:41-42 .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:

To the righteous Christ said I am rewarding you because of your good works. To the unrighteous Christ said I am casting you into everlasting fire for your lack of good works.

The timing of the judgment of Matthew 25:41-46 is crucial. It is at the time that Christ as the Son of Man establishes the throne in the Holy Land. And there according to Joel He gathers multitudes in the valley of Jehoshaphat to judge the living (Joel 3:1-15)

Some people during that tribulation time must respond to the preaching of the eternal gospel to fear the Creator God. They are kind to the godly people being persecuted. They do not realize that their actions are in favor of the God incarnate MAN Jesus who is about to descend on the earth.

As they were considerate to the persecuted brothers of the Lord, down to the least of them, they were considerate to Himself - for He is their Elder brother. And it is He who is about to destroy Antichrist and who is shaking up the cosmos as only God could do. And it is He who is coming to reign over all the planet.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Jun '13 23:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Still curious ?
    Not so curious about deities and the like. More curious about what drives us to think the way we do on these issues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree