1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 01:36
    "Imagination bias, if I may coin a phrase, is even more free of objectivity than confirmation bias. [...] If you happen to believe it already and have no need of factual information." ~ JS357

Is anyone here able to self-diagnose some imagination bias?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 09:11
    @fmf said
    "Imagination bias, if I may coin a phrase, is even more free of objectivity than confirmation bias. [...] If you happen to believe it already and have no need of factual information." ~ JS357

I feel that I have to put my hand up to this to some extent. Most of my beliefs about God stem from a genuine faith, but sometimes I do think that I stretch that to include some level of assumption which could, I suppose, be articulated as "imagination" although may be a bit harsh as it implies deliberate self delusion, which I most certainly do not do to myself.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 11:00
    @fmf said

You couldn't formulate anything new without an imagination, I don't think that
    "imagination bias" is real its just bias. As soon as we lay claim to some truth we
    start adjusting everything new to fit in what think already, a bias.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 12:51
    Another form of bias is thumbing down the poster instead of the post.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree