1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 05:471 edit
    @pb1022 said
    So an eternal life in Heaven, free from the heartache and troubles and violence of this world, is no compensation for a 6-year-old who lost his life to cancer.
    If you believe there is certainly a supernatural compensation ~ granted by a creator entity ~ for having a short life, I'm fine with that. Perhaps it helps you to process tragedy.

If you believe there is certainly a supernatural punishment of some kind ~ imposed by a creator entity ~ for being a serial killer, then that's OK; perhaps it satisfies your personal desire with regard to 'justice being done'.

But I don't see how these personal beliefs of yours contradict the idea that there's nothing the matter with a creator entity creating beings with a finite opportunity to experience life.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 12:36
    @fmf said
    If you believe there is certainly a supernatural compensation ~ granted by a creator entity ~ for having a short life, I'm fine with that. Perhaps it helps you to process tragedy.

If you believe there is certainly a supernatural punishment of some kind ~ imposed by a creator entity ~ for being a serial killer, then that's OK; perhaps it satisfies your personal desire with reg ...[text shortened]... thing the matter with a creator entity creating beings with a finite opportunity to experience life.
    This is all a thought experiment to me. I don’t know why you keep claiming I’m stating what I “believe.”

You’re the one who said several posts back to set aside our personal beliefs about God and now you’re claiming over and over I’m stating what I believe and expressing my beliefs.

Very dishonest of you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 12:46
    @pb1022 said
    Very dishonest of you.
    There has been nothing "dishonest" about my posting on this thread at all.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 14:02
    @fmf said
    There has been nothing "dishonest" about my posting on this thread at all.
    It’s dishonest for you to tell someone to set aside his personal beliefs to engage in a thought experiment and then characterize what he subsequently writes as his “beliefs” and what he “believes.”

That’s very dishonest.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 14:07
    @pb1022 said
    It’s dishonest for you to tell someone to set aside his personal beliefs to engage in a thought experiment and then characterize what he subsequently writes as his “beliefs” and what he “believes.”

That’s very dishonest.
    I haven't been "dishonest".
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 20:07
    @fmf said
    I haven't been "dishonest".
    When you characterize what I state in a thought experiment as what I “believe,” I say that’s dishonest.

You say otherwise.

Why not leave it at that?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 20:571 edit

Removed by poster

8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 21:03
    @kevin-eleven removed their quoted post
    Why would you (or anyone) spit in the Creator’s face?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 22:55
    @pb1022 said
    When you characterize what I state in a thought experiment as what I “believe,” I say that’s dishonest.
    I haven't been "dishonest" on this thread.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 23:05
    @fmf said
    I haven't been "dishonest" on this thread.
    Repeating that doesn’t make it true

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree