1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 16:24
    Doesn't appear so:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/pope-archbishop-canterbury_n_3441030.html

1 Corinthians 1:10

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 16:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Doesn't appear so:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/pope-archbishop-canterbury_n_3441030.html

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
    There must be a deeper meaning to this verse. Surely it can't mean that believers agree on everything.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 16:59
    Doesn't appear so:

This is nothing new:

quote:

VATICAN CITY -- In an address before over 250,000 followers assembled outside St. Peter's Basilica, Pope John Paul II reaffirmed his commitment to global religious unity, calling upon the world's Roman Catholics to "build a bridge of earthly friendship" between themselves and the eternally damned.

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/PopeCalls.htm
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 17:12
    Doesn't appear so:

Obviously you could not be referring to unity in the JW faith. Judging from some recent threads it is apparent that the WT are making statements that you and Robbie dont sanction.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 17:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Obviously you could not be referring to unity in the JW faith. Judging from some recent threads it is apparent that the WT are making statements that you and Robbie dont sanction.
    I'm not aware I've disagreed with anything the WTS has said....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 21:00
    Do you agree with this:

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." The Watchtower magazine 1989[/b]
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 21:262 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you agree with this:

[b]"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." The Watchtower magazine 1989
    [/b][/b]
    I've answered you already....
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 21:47
    I've answered you already....
    I don't see where, do you agree with his tach tower statement Galveston?

Why is it so difficult for you to say so...?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 23:02
    So any more comments on the OP?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 23:27
    So any more comments on the OP?
    This response to dive's question does not add to your credibility here. That's a simple fact, I hope you recognize it as such.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 23:35
    The majority of Christians believe in a triune God in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why should the majority change to agree with the minority cult teachings of the WTS just for unities sake? It is the Jehovah's witnesses that should change to agree with the rest of Christianity on this very import matter.

The Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 00:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The majority of Christians believe in a triune God in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why should the majority change to agree with the minority cult teachings of the WTS just for unities sake? It is the Jehovah's witnesses that should change to agree with the rest of Christianity on this very import matter.

The Instructor
    It matters little unless you start getting violent over it. It's all bullshyte.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 01:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    So again the amount of people that believe in something makes it right or wrong?
    If the majority are right then lets talk about history ok? How about Germany? Japan or any other society that believed beyound any doubt that they were right and even blessed by some God or spirit world.
    Or how about the biggest christian religion, the catholics? Are they right in all they do and all do the things those scriptures I posted about what God requires from his people? Hardly....
    So you are sure about the majority being right?
    Were God's people in the past the majoriuty of the world or even the biggest nation around them?
    Think about this for a bit as the Bible clearly says the vast majority of people "would not" find the road, the narrow and cramped road that leads to life. Put the peaces togather that even your bible explains.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 01:14
    Originally posted by JS357
    This response to dive's question does not add to your credibility here. That's a simple fact, I hope you recognize it as such.
    Oh my....Will it ever end?

I have answered and posted many things that explain our view. I have not ignored this subject at all as has neither Robbie.
    If anything we have bent over backwards in trying to explain over and over and over.
    The problem is two fold here.
    Either no one understands our postings and explinations by way of simply not understanding or they refuse to understand because of bias or hard headedness.
    I can do no more and refuse to spend anymore time on this unless someone messages me with honest questions without any nonsense involved.
    So I'm sorry no one here seems to get it. I've done all I will do and say on this subject, period.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 01:261 edit
    So again the amount of people that believe in something makes it right or wrong?
    If the majority are right then lets talk about history ok? How about Germany? Japan or any other society that believed beyound any doubt that they were right and even blessed by some God or spirit world.
    Or how about the biggest christian religion, the catholics? Are th w and cramped road that leads to life. Put the peaces togather that even your bible explains.
    When a Christian tells you something and supports it with the word of scripture you will not believe, but are like the ones spoken of below:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but having itching ears, they shall heap to themselves teachers in accordance with their own lusts.

(2 Timothy 4:3 KJV)

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree