1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 20:58
    I've come to accept that most Christians think that I'm in league with Satan and no matter what I say or do, other than converting to some form of Christianity, will convince them otherwise.

As long as they stay out of my business and I stay out of theirs and people treat each other with respect and common decency then I don't really care what they think.

However, I guess I should acquire a pet goat and learn to ride it so I can properly attend black mass.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 21:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Bible clearly says "you cannot serve two masters". One is either serving God the way that God wants one too or you are not.
    But does one have to serve one of two masters? Surely that contradicts the whole 'free will' argument? If Satan is evil because of free will and what he chose to do, who was he serving when he turned bad, and why is everyone else that turns bad automatically considered to be serving him? How do you know it is not Satan that is serving me?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In light of a recent exchange with jaywill, how many Christians on this forum believe that unbelievers are in league with Satan?
    In light of a recent exchange with jaywill, how many Christians on this forum believe that unbelievers are in league with Satan?

You do not understand. Worse than that, I don't think you WANT to understand.

"the WHOLE WORLD lies in the evil one" says the apostle John in First John 5:19.

No, not "bad people" lie in the evil one. That is not what the apostle said. "the WHOLE WORLD lies in the evil one."

If it makes you feel any better, I too have a Satanic little bag to dip into. The WHOLE WORLD since the fall of Adam lies in the evil one - Satan.

But there is something called the EKKLESIA - the assembly of the called out ones. And it exists in the realm and sphere of the Holy Spirit. Here, if we learn to LIVE in that realm, we OVERCOME the evil one.

This is a brief word.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 21:31
    Not really as long as it is within his righteous ways. God cannot do anything that would be wrong such as lying. The Bible says that at Numbers 23:19. So knowing he cannot do that would be assuring that he always tells us the truth in all matters.
    There are many, many things we do not understand about God but we can be completely assured that when he d ...[text shortened]... action that we don't understand it is for the good only of his purpose in dealing with mankind.
    First off, you have to agree there are people living on the planet Earth that have never ever heard of christianity (AKA Paulism) so those people, BECAUSE they never heard of Jesus, are now automatically on the side of your made up boogie man, Satan?

You know, IMO, religious people have been being duped for thousands of years and this is just another example of BS masquerading as religion.

And another thing, on the powers of your god, if a 2 yo girl gets cancer of the vagina and dies, that is because your god WANTED it that way?
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 21:41
    Either one is serving God or one isn't. God does not tell us to worship him half way or as we please or in a what so ever way. He created us and has the right to ask that of us.
    Fantastic, you are asked:

So can you state an unequivocal yes or no?

and you respond with:

Either one is serving God or one isn't. God does not tell us to worship him half way or as we please or in a what so ever way. He created us and has the right to ask that of us.

So we'll ask again: Can you state an unequivocal yes or no? I'll give you a clue here:
    YES
    or
    NO

Certainly you can elaborate and explain your answer but first of all we have to actually have your answer!

--- Penguin
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:06
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Fantastic, you are asked:

So can you state an unequivocal yes or no?

and you respond with:

So we'll ask again: Can you state an unequivocal yes or no? I'll ...[text shortened]... and explain your answer but first of all we have to actually have your answer!

--- Penguin
    I did answer in the way I want to answer. If you don't like the answer and can't derive the answer out of it then I can't help you.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:07
    What if I worship Satan? You can't do anything about it because I'm American and I am free to any religion I choose.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:171 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    First off, you have to agree there are people living on the planet Earth that have never ever heard of christianity (AKA Paulism) so those people, BECAUSE they never heard of Jesus, are now automatically on the side of your made up boogie man, Satan?

You know, IMO, religious people have been being duped for thousands of years and this is just another ex ...[text shortened]... if a 2 yo girl gets cancer of the vagina and dies, that is because your god WANTED it that way?
    Some pretty uneducated statements here but I'll take the time to answer. I believe that God has enough intelligence and has more understanding of every humans circumstances on this planet to know what their situation is and he would know first what heir heart condition is and would be if their lifes were different. Don't ya think?
    And yes many have been dupped by their religions that do not follow the Bible and in reality know very little about the God in the Bible. Their religious leaders know very little and are usually in the business of religion, not the teachings of the Bible.
    And now to answer the really dumb statement you made which shows me you know very about the Bible and much less about God but oly what false religion has taught you to think, is that God would never do this or whatever else tragick things you think he does.
    One example is some very misinformed priest or preacher telling someone in his congreagation that 'God took their child in some accident because he needed another angle". Such a lie from that persaon and not a truth at all about God.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:17
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    What if I worship Satan? You can't do anything about it because I'm American and I am free to any religion I choose.
    Your decision isn't it?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But does one have to serve one of two masters? Surely that contradicts the whole 'free will' argument? If Satan is evil because of free will and what he chose to do, who was he serving when he turned bad, and why is everyone else that turns bad automatically considered to be serving him? How do you know it is not Satan that is serving me?
    Just because God gave us freewill does not mean what we choose will be the correct thing to do. What is wrong with choosing the right things especially when God tells us what the right things are? He doesn't set traps......
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:20
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    They define anyone not believing in god as being in league with satan...
    Who is "they"?
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    exact definitions seem to play an important part in the discussions, disagreements, disasters, derangement and diabolical deviousness that constitutes dialog...

now,
    if i consider myself christian, but two others think i be fringe, and four think i'm taoist/buddhist, and three are sure i'm only zenduist...
    and,
    i state that "unbelievers" are NOT in league with the prince of darkness, except for that one guy over there and those two chicks in the next room (shudder), but, certainly do not toss any roadblocks in the path of the great horned one...
    then,
    how does my vote on this burning question get tabulated, scored, modified, or rejected???

inquiring minds and all, thank you for yer consideration,
    rookie
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:24
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I've come to accept that most Christians think that I'm in league with Satan and no matter what I say or do, other than converting to some form of Christianity, will convince them otherwise.

As long as they stay out of my business and I stay out of theirs and people treat each other with respect and common decency then I don't really care what they think.
    ...[text shortened]... I guess I should acquire a pet goat and learn to ride it so I can properly attend black mass.
    Perhaps you should spend less of your free time associating with people who reject everything you "say or do" and get a life doing something that makes a difference to whatever it is you are opposed to..?
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Who is "they"?
    Contextually 'they' would refer to the people who claim that if you don't worship
    (their particular brand of) the Christian god you are in league with satan.

I wouldn't claim that 'all' Christians think this by any means, although from a
    doctrinal point of view it does seem to be the view best supported by scripture
    although as always you can interpret the bible to mean almost anything you want.

Does this answer your question.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Contextually 'they' would refer to the people who claim that if you don't worship
    (their particular brand of) the Christian god you are in league with satan.

I wouldn't claim that 'all' Christians think this by any means, although from a
    doctrinal point of view it does seem to be the view best supported by scripture
    although as always you can interpret the bible to mean almost anything you want.

Does this answer your question.
    I dunno, I just felt compelled to ask.

Most "atheists" I see are ex Christians who got butt *****d by the system and now carry a massive axe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree