1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 May '05 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You are changing your argument. In your first post, you asserted that Christians MUST believe that "everyone else who has ever existed; is a vile, evil person who really, really deserves horrific, eternal torture". This is s ...[text shortened]... d point you in the direction of such statements better than I can.
    Hmm. Well, I guess I just don't understand that variant of Christianity, and there would be a lot of questions I'd have to ask in order to understand it. Is there a Hell? Does one suffer if one is there? Do you need Jesus to not go there? What is 'sin'? Is sin evil? Why does it mean to be 'saved' from sin if being 'saved' does not mean we will never sin again? Why did Jesus die, anyway? What would it be like if he hadn't died for our sins? Etc.

You don't need to answer these questions, but I don't understand the basic position of Christians if RBHill, dj2becker, etc don't represent Christianity as a whole.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 May '05 12:061 edit

Frogstomp and No1 as Christian preachers and defenders of the Christian faith at RHP ?

What in the world is happening ? Is Judgement Day approaching ?
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 May '05 12:10
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Frogstomp and No1 as Christian preachers and defenders of the Christian faith at RHP ?

The Good Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways after all, doesn't He?
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 May '05 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Hmm. Well, I guess I just don't understand that variant of Christianity, and there would be a lot of questions I'd have to ask in order to understand it. Is there a Hell? Does one suffer if one is there? Do you need Jesus to not ...[text shortened]... f RBHill, dj2becker, etc don't represent Christianity as a whole.
    http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=2384&AFID=12&

If you are looking for an introduction to Christianity and a book that is genuine and written without any fame seeking or money seeking mentality on the author's part I can advise you:

Introduction to Christianity.

ISBN: 1586170295
    Author: Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
    Length: 300 pages

One of Cardinal Ratzinger's most important and widely read books.

....... Thus, this remarkable elucidation of the Apostle's Creed gives an excellent, modern interpretation of the foundations of Christianity. Ratzinger's profound treatment of Christianity's basic truths combines a spiritual outlook with a deep knowledge of Scripture and the history of theology.

Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, was for over two decades The Prefect for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith under Pope John Paul II. He is the author of Spirit of the Liturgy, Salt of the Earth, Introduction to Christianity, God and the World, Milestones, Called to Communion, God Is Near Us, and many other works published by Ignatius Press.

http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=2384&AFID=12&
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 May '05 12:22
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    The Good Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways after all, doesn't He?

He sure does ! Unbelievable ........
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 May '05 12:31

He sure does ! Unbelievable ........
    All things are possible: if you believe in Him.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:25

LOL!
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:46

Somebody's gotta do it since you members of the mainstream Christian faiths never bother to point out the grave doctrinal errors the fundies like BF, RBHILL, Darfius, etc. spew forth everyday in this forum. Why is that, Ivanhoe? Where are you and lucifershammer when there's such work to be done; you two certainly aren't shy when it comes to spouting about personal freedom issues but when it comes to meeting the heretics head on, you're nowhere to be found. As ATY's first post points out, they're giving a false and unfavorable impression of Christianity (Coletti the Calvinist as well); shouldn't you be defending the faith from such errors and blasphemies?
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:53
    Somebody's gotta do it since you members of the mainstream Christian faiths never bother to point out the grave doctrinal errors the fundies like BF, RBHILL, Darfius, etc. spew forth everyday in this forum. Why is that, Ivanhoe? Where are you and lucifershammer when there's such work to be done; you two certainly aren't shy when it comes to ...[text shortened]... the Calvinist as well); shouldn't you be defending the faith from such errors and blasphemies?
    These are very good points that I have been waiting a very long time to see addressed.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:05
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    These are very good points that I have been waiting a very long time to see addressed.
    I soothsay that Ivanhoe will provide a non-answer.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:11
    Let's analyze it from the point of view of the Office of the Inquisition.

Who should the Catholic Church fear more, and why: RBHILL or Galileo?
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:381 edit

That's a tough one.

Galileo spoke scientific truth, and that is a big no no.

Arby Hillon the other hand still possesses the power to reproduce.

I think you gotta go after Roast Beef sandwich.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:47

RBHill of course. He represents an anti-Catholic form of Christianity. I think. Or is it only Darfius that thinks the Catholics are the new Evil Empire?
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:501 edit
    Somebody's gotta do it since you members of the mainstream Christian faiths never bother to point out the grave doctrinal errors the fundies like BF, RBHILL, Darfius, etc. spew forth everyday in this forum. Why is that, Ivanh ...[text shortened]... dn't you be defending the faith from such errors and blasphemies?
    Good point. The only Christians that responded to my thread were Coconut, who agreed with me, and Ivanhoe, who didn't challenge me.

Maybe that means that despite your beliefs, Christians really do agree with me and you are mistaken?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 May '05 17:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    RBHill of course. He represents an anti-Catholic form of Christianity. I think. Or is it only Darfius that thinks the Catholics are the new Evil Empire?
    See http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21102 for RBHILL's reasoned and tolerant views of the Roman Catholic Church.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree