1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 00:39
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Even that one about repentance? Come on, that one was kind of contrived, wasn't it?
    You may not understand what it is that makes for greatness.

I think that the closer one is to Christ the greater one is. Close to Jesus Christ you are greater. The farther away from Jesus Christ the less great.

Jesus said that of all the people born of women no one was greater than John the Baptist. But he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

You see John the Baptist was the closest person to Jesus as His forerunner. But to those who have recevied Jesus into their heart He is even closer. This is why the person least in the kingdom of God is greater than John the Baptist.

When you open up the chambers of your soul, one by one, so that the Spirit of Jesus comes more and more into your personality - this makes you great.

This is a great human achievement - to open your life more and more to Jesus. There is no greater achievement than allowing Jesus to fill up your heart and personality.

More Christ means more greatness. It also means more true humility.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You may not understand what it is that makes for greatness.

I think that the closer one is to Christ the greater one is. Close to Jesus Christ you are greater. The farther away from Jesus Christ the less great.

Jesus said that of all the people born of women no one was greater than John the Baptist. But he who is least in the kingdom of God is ...[text shortened]... heart and personality.

More Christ means more greatness. It also means more true humility.
    Yeah, but people built a rocket and flew to the moon, for Christ's sake! The moon!
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:29
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Yeah, but people built a rocket and [b]flew to the moon, for Christ's sake! The moon![/b]
    Flying to the moon was a great achievement. For technology it was a very significant accomplishment.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:32
    My opinion is that the whole universe is for the kingdom of God.

In eternity under the headship of Christ I would not be surprised that His kingdom would spread to the stars and galaxies.

My opinion is that He may have a purpose for all that real estate out there.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 01:38
    Originally posted by jaywill
    My opinion is that the whole universe is for the kingdom of God.

In eternity under the headship of Christ I would not be surprised that His kingdom would spread to the stars and galaxies.

My opinion is that He may have a purpose for all that real estate out there.
    Are you saying that His kingdom has yet to spread to the stars and galaxies?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 06:50
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I always find it hilarious that Young Earth Creationists don't even believe in Stars and Galaxies.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 11:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I always find it hilarious that Young Earth Creationists don't even believe in Stars and Galaxies.
    That's hilarious. I've never heard anyone say that!
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 12:101 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's hilarious. I've never heard anyone say that!
    They wont admit it, but its true.

Scientists in their ignorance have come to the conclusion that the points of light we see in the sky are actually large balls of matter undergoing nuclear fusion and emitting lots of heat and light just like the sun (or in some cases large groups of such 'suns' they call galaxies).
    But every single technique they used to discover all that is disputed by Young Earth Creationists as the same techniques lead to the conclusion that the universe is billions of years old.
    Therefore, a YEC cannot possibly claim to know based on science that stars are what scientist say they are.
    And I sure don't remember the Bible saying that stars are flaming balls of matter.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 14:53
    they are a trick of satan's. just like the fossils.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 11:041 edit
    They wont admit it, but its true.

Scientists in their ignorance have come to the conclusion that the points of light we see in the sky are actually large balls of matter undergoing nuclear fusion and emitting lots of heat and light just like the sun (or in some cases large groups of such 'suns' they call galaxies).
    But every single technique they used ...[text shortened]... they are.
    And I sure don't remember the Bible saying that stars are flaming balls of matter.
    Really, large balls of matter? All this time I thought the stars were pin holes in the sky, and behind the sky it was all light!

I'll never look at the night sky the same again. 😲😕😉
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 21:47

Something like that. I think the universe was made for man and man is for God and God's kingdom.

I think His complete rule over the heart of man will be matched by His manifesting His glory thoughout the universe.

I do not mean that God and Christ are not already the Owner and King of the entire creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree