1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    One must realize that there is a need for forgiveness from God.
    And how are non-believers supposed to "realize" this?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    And how are non-believers supposed to "realize" this?
    Listen to people like me is one way.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:411 edit
    FMF: And how are non-believers supposed to "realize" this?

But the stuff you say is far-fetched and your joyless vanity is alienating. Your god figure's plan to "save" humanity" surely does not consist of you peddling your morally incoherent claims about torture/revenge and conjuring up immortality with your mind on the internet? That surely isn't part of your god figure's plan, is it? How on earth do you think the stuff you come out with here is going to make a non-believer feel he needs to be "forgiven" by your god figure?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:44
    They ain't all stupid by far.
    See? A theist says so.

Can you be intellectually brilliant and wrong ?
    Of course.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:54
    I believe [this reply] is adequate to help someone (who wants it) to see great intelligence is not the only thing a man needs to obtain the most important truth.
    You are the first Christian I have ever encountered who has contended that, to be a Christian, one needs "great intelligence". And you're going to stick with this claim are you?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 02:503 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are the first Christian I have ever encountered who has contended that, to be a Christian, one needs "great intelligence". And you're going to stick with this claim are you?
    I think that you look at sentences and contemplate how you can exploit them to insert into the mouth of people what you want them to say and emphasize.

This is like the serpent questioning if God really told Adam and Eve that they could not eat from any tree in the garden.

This was a subtle exploitation of these words -

" ... Of every tree of the garden you may eat, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat; for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.'' (Gen. 2:16,17)

Satan's twisting was like your twisting. The Devil honed in on the words to exploit God's word, slanderously misrepresent God's heart and to insert a half truth into Eve's mind.

"Now the serpent was more crafty than every other animal of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said to the woman,

Did God really say, You shall not eat of any tree of the garden?" (Gen 2:1)

You took me saying not only great intelligence is needed to exploit those words to portray me as teaching great intelligence is indispensable in contacting God as a Christian.

Your feigning surprise, I suppose, is an attempt to portray me as the first Christian you ever met making "great intelligence" the most significant qualification for salvation.
    No need to fake innocence. This is the trickery of your subtlety.

Do you want some kind of Forum reward for being so clever?
    Some of us are here in search for the truth not to show off how clever we can munipulate people's words like a unethical, seasoned, high paid Mafia lawyer.

In other words you are bending over backwards to misunderstand me for an opportunity to claim I teach the strawman argument of your choosing.

You're rather sick FMF. But I already wrote that. Some are "diseased with questionings and contentions of words". You didn't like it then. Why provoke me to have to repeat it?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 02:56
    FMF: You are the first Christian I have ever encountered who has contended that, to be a Christian, one needs "great intelligence". And you're going to stick with this claim are you?

I think that you look at sentences and contemplate how you can exploit them to insert into the mouth of people what you want them to say and emphasize.
    I am responding to exactly what you said. If you have expressed yourself in a way that you now realize misrepresents what you actually meant to say, you should just go and correct yourself. There are at least two other posters who have commented on the strange claim you have made.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 02:58
    Satan's twisting was like your twisting. The Devil honed in on the words to exploit God's word, slanderously misrepresent God's heart and to insert a half truth into Eve's mind.
    I think you have simply misstated what you believe. And then misstated it again. I don't see why you need to start talking about "Satan" and "The Devil" simply because you have been confronted with your error.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:03
    Satan's twisting was like your twisting. The Devil honed in on the words to exploit God's word, slanderously misrepresent God's heart and to insert a half truth into Eve's mind.[...] You're rather sick FMF. But I already wrote that. Some are "diseased with questionings and contentions of words". You didn't like it then. Why provoke me to have to repeat it?

Originally posted by FMF
    And how are non-believers supposed to "realize" [they need to be "forgiven" by god]?

So I have to 'listen to people like you' if I want to be "forgiven" and "saved" and "immortal"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:06
    You took me saying not only great intelligence is needed to exploit those words to portray me as teaching great intelligence is indispensable in contacting God as a Christian.
    The meaning of your words is that "great intelligence is needed to contact God' but not only great intelligence; other things are needed too. There have been at least three posters who have alerted you to the meaning of what you wrote.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:10
    That's right.
    I asked you this on page 1: "So, if you believe it is not the only thing that is needed to "come forward to the living God", then you believe it is only one of several things needed to come forward? You need "sheer cerebral ability" but you need other things too, is that it?"

Your answer was "That's right".
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:10
    Originally posted by sonshipThey ain't all stupid by far.
    Can you be intellectually brilliant and wrong ?
    Oh yes. No one said this was easy. Wait, or did they?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:141 edit
    That is all your god has. Kinda weak! It's like we get to make stuff up.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    If it doesn't want to end up as cole slaw, it better.
    To be fair though, like a rock, a cabbage lacks belief in God.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 04:37
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    To be fair though, like a rock, a cabbage lacks belief in God.
    ouch
    I was hoping we put some thought into this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree