1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 01:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you think then that a big fat opposer and enemy of the gospel the way you behave, will get spared from being compared to Satan sometime ?
    Well I am not a Christian, sonship, as you know, so why do you think whether or not you "spare" me from some comparison to a character in your imagination amounts to anything in my reality?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 01:58
    "Incredible smarts" is a requirement plus some other things, to come forward to God, is a twisting of the intent of my OP.
    Any gap between what you wrote and what you intended is an error and it is your responsibility. You can't just blame your mistake on people you compare to demons and snakes.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is all this unnecessary pride in aid of, sonship? If you are not a native speaker of English, just say so. You have now corrected your error. There is nothing to be gained from brazening it out.
    I am very proud, more than you'll ever know.

Since I know that pride is a problem I have, I am all the more enthusiastic about the detailed salvation of Christ.

You're a good man though.
    So good that the thought of divine judgment is repulsive to you.
    So good that the thought of needing God's forgiveness sickens you.

But I don't want to be a good man. I want to be a God-man.
    Nicodemus was a very good man. And he needed to be born again.
    He needed the life of Christ to be born into his being.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:051 edit
    You're a good man though.
    So good that the thought of divine judgment is repulsive to you.
    So good that the thought of needing God's forgiveness sickens you.
    I don't believe this stuff you're coming out with, sonship. It's not going to hurt my feelings in the way you seem to hope it will. I honestly believe that "the thought of divine judgment" you trot out is a combination of your vanity propelling stuff that appeals to your imagination.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:08
    sonship, when you go into this mode, do you see yourself as somehow sparring with an agent of "The Devil"?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't believe this stuff you're coming out with, sonship. It's not going to hurt my feelings in the way you seem to hope it will. I honestly believe that "the thought of divine judgment" you trot out is a combination of your vanity propelling stuff that appeals to your imagination.
    I am not about hurting your feelings.
    Sometimes I am about being frank with people.

Do you think that Bible was written to hurt your feelings?

Among other things the Bible is here to expose how infested we have become with a foreign element which opposes God.

Think of it as a leech. Something evil has attached itself to our being.
    We really need a saving from this parasitic thing.
    Christ is the answer.

The cross of Jesus can strip away the enemy of our souls.
    Why we had to be born into the world in this condition is a hard thing to answer.
    But if there were no remedy that would be much worse.
    There is a salvation.

Some of you should consider that the dread you have for Christ, some of which, is the dread of that parasitic leech knowing that he is losing his grip on your soul. That is when you draw close to being saved by Christ.

Stuff that appeals to my imagination - I would never even THINK of wanting eternal life or one day being like Jesus. I wouldn't know enough to even ASK for such a thing.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:463 edits
    ... the Bible is here to expose how infested we have become with a foreign element which opposes God. Think of it as a leech. Something evil has attached itself to our being. We really need a saving from this parasitic thing.
    ...infested ... Satan ... something evil ... The Devil ... the enemy ... diseased minds ... parasitic thing ... serpent ...

What effect do you imagine these words have on someone who doesn't believe any of it?

Who are you typing these words for?

See my thread on Christian "trash talk". Thread 172223
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:50
    Some of you should consider that the dread you have for Christ, some of which, is the dread of that parasitic leech knowing that he is losing his grip on your soul. That is when you draw close to being saved by Christ.
    If you honestly think I feel "dread" because of the stuff you type here, then your perception of non-believers is overrun with the most presumptuous of straw men.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:52
    I am not about hurting your feelings.
    Sometimes I am about being frank with people.
    "Frank" about things you believe and that I don't? By being "frank" with me, are you trying to convert other people here to Christianity?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 02:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Frank" about things you believe and that I don't? By being "frank" with me, are you trying to convert other people here to Christianity?
    Sure, I am about introducing other people to Jesus Christ.

Some people I don't think of that any more. I just occasionally give a reply for the hope that is in me.

Other people, beware, I am trying to lead you to the Son of God.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 03:03
    Sure, I am about introducing other people to Jesus Christ.

Some people I don't think of that any more. I just occasionally give a reply for the hope that is in me.

Other people, beware, I am trying to lead you to the Son of God.
    You once said I may be responsible for the eternal torture of hundreds of members of this community (after they die) because I have expressed my non-Christian views in public. How many members of this community do you believe you have "saved" from eternal torture, and how many members of this community do you believe you have consigned to eternal torture by repulsing them from your god because of your manner?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 11:214 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You once said I may be responsible for the eternal torture of hundreds of members of this community (after they die) because I have expressed my non-Christian views in public. How many members of this community do you believe you have "saved" from eternal torture, and how many members of this community do you believe you have consigned to eternal torture by repulsing them from your god because of your manner?
    Another guilt trip attempt FMF?

Since you're probably not going to quote what I "once said" so I can examine the context and tone, I'll go on your general impression.

1.) I do not feel sorry for warning anyone [so opposing the word of God] [edited] that they might have been responsible in part for someone else's unbelief.

2.) I think the decision what to do with Jesus Christ, in terms of a response to His message, can take a long time. I don't expect instant response all the time. And I don't keep a count on who I may have helped to believe into Christ.

3.) From some of the replies and pm I get I get the impression that not everyone has the very negative reaction that you always have.

And what you are referring to that I "once said" probably was retaliation for attack from you. Probably you played hard ball on me and I responded with a bit of hard ball back. Of course you would never remember it that way.

Anyway, if this is an go at laying a guilt trip on an evangelist, its not working too well.
    Can you imagine the 11 disciples discussing how they have to get Judas's approval before they go forth with the great commission?

"Oh, Judas. Umm Do you approve of our announcing the Gospel as the Master commanded us? Are we OK with you in this Judas ?? "

I'm not looking for you an atheist's [edited] broad friendly approving smile on any of my writings here. Not then, not now, not ever.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 11:32
    A nice section of ministry on how men need to exercise their spirit for spiritual experience in touching Christ the Spirit.

WHAT WE NEED TODAY

Through many years of experience and suffering, I have learned that what we need today is not the knowledge of doctrine, but the exercise of our spirit so that we may experience the application of the Triune God in the flow of the Holy Spirit. After I was saved, I joined a group of Christians who emphasized the objective study of the Bible. I remained under their influence as a willing learner for more than seven years. But one day as I was walking on the street, the Spirit within said to me, “You know so many teachings, but look how dead and unfruitful you are. In the past several years you have brought almost no one to the Lord.” My heart was smitten, and I cried to the Lord for His mercy. I admitted that I was wrong. Early the next day, I climbed a mountain near my home, and there I cried out to the Lord to have mercy on me because of my deadness. The Lord was merciful, and from that time He caused me to seek Him in a consistent way. After that, brother Watchman Nee visited my home town and stayed with me for a while. His visit was a turning point in my life. My eyes were opened to see that the Christian life is not a matter of knowledge, but absolutely a matter of life and the Spirit. However, it took me a long time to become entirely free from the influence of dead knowledge. Once this kind of knowledge gets into us, it is hard to get it out. Therefore, when I say that what we need today is not mere knowledge but the contact with the living Spirit, I know what I am talking about.

All that Christ is, all that He has accomplished, and all that He has obtained and attained are in the all-inclusive Spirit. This Spirit contains everything we need: resurrection, power, life, guidance, light, love, humility. Furthermore, this wonderful all-inclusive Spirit has been installed in our spirit. Hallelujah, the living Christ who is the all-inclusive Spirit is in our spirit! We can apply this wonderfully rich One simply by using our spirit.

From The Life study of Romans by one Witness Lee.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=2E08
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:23
    Another guilt trip attempt FMF?

Since you're probably not going to quote what I "once said" so I can examine the context and tone, I'll go on your general impression.

1.) I do not feel sorry for warning anyone [so opposing the word of God] [edited] that they might have been responsible in part for someone else's unbelief.

2.) I think the decisi ...[text shortened]... edited] broad friendly approving smile on any of my writings here. Not then, not now, not ever.
    How about answering my question?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:40
    And what you are referring to that I "once said" probably was retaliation for attack from you. Probably you played hard ball on me and I responded with a bit of hard ball back. Of course you would never remember it that way.
    How can threats of stuff I don't even remotely believe in be described as "hard ball"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree