1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sure its roasty toasty for all enemies of Islam.
    No. There's no reason to believe it's roasty toasty for anyone.

So you lived among Muslims for two years, but you aren't aware of the inner, spiritual "jihad" regarding family, neighbours, community, righteous living, and all the other stuff? Or you are? It's not quite clear, because you started talking about why you prefer Christianity instead.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:14
    You cannot be bothered to follow the link then I cannot be bothered to comment. Adios
    I'm just looking for a bit of discussion. Stuff you're not motivated to say for yourself might interest others. But I do acknowledge what you said about your "literature [being] full of depictions of animals and humans living together in harmony" ~ that's nice, I suppose ~ and I am already aware from before about you not favouring any collective or political action with regard to the destruction of forests or the destruction of communities that depend of forests, so I think I have an idea of where you're coming from. If you don't want to discuss it, that's your prerogative.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I'm quite interested in efforts to protect endangered species and that's one reason why I have done some work for WWF in Indonesia over the years, but in this thread I am curious about what people think of religious corporate entities taking a stance on an issue like this, and also in the spiritual dimension of aspirations and principles regarding animal welfare and topics like species extinction etc.
    I don't think I have any particularly strong views on this other than I like animals and generally feel that people who are willing to protect animals have a core of "goodness" in them. However Robbie has somewhat deflated that opinion.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:37
    Actually i have lived among Muslims for about two years intermittently and I have also preached to Muslims for about 15 years, mostly Pakistani.
    Were you allowed by the authorities to preach in Pakistan or were you a sort of underground JW covert?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think I have any particularly strong views on this other than I like animals and generally feel that people who are willing to protect animals have a core of "goodness" in them. However Robbie has somewhat deflated that opinion.
    It can also be deflating when we realize that fundamentally or even fanatically religious people so often do not seem to have a core of "goodness" in them.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    It can also be deflating when we realize that fundamentally or even fanatically religious people so often do not seem to have a core of "goodness" in them.
    Isn't it interesting how we can be nicer to animals than our fellow humans.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:441 edit
    We were at the start but after some time depending on the area sometimes the police were called for our own protection, after September the 11th attacks on the world trade centers, all westerners were sent home. The place i was situated at people got held up at gun point, fortunately for me, i was not there. Now Jehovahs witnesses don't officially preach and teach Muslims in Pakistan, but concentrate solely on Christians. There is still a barbaric blasphemy law in place which carries with it a death sentence, although i don't think anyone has actually been put to death, but its a very dangerous route for a visa out of Pakistan.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Isn't it interesting how we can be nicer to animals than our fellow humans.
    But I'm not. Are you? Who is "we"? I've only known a tiny handful of people (over the decades) who are "nicer to animals than our fellow humans"? What are you on about?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 14:48
    We were at the start but after some time depending on the area sometimes the police were called for our own protection, after September the 11th attacks on the world trade centers, all westerners were sent home. The place i was situated at people got held up at gun point, fortunately for me, i was not there. Now Jehovahs witnesses don't officially ...[text shortened]... nyone has actually been put to death, but its a very dangerous route for a visa out of Pakistan.
    So you didn't preach to Muslims in Pakistan?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    From a document I am looking at here: "The Indonesian Council of Ulema (MUI), signed a fatwa or edict, on January 22, 2014 requiring the country’s 200 million Muslims to take an active role in protecting threatened species including tigers, rhinos, elephants and orangutans. The fatwa is the first of its kind in the world and it is accompanied by plans for educat ...[text shortened]... does your spirituality inform your attitude to collective action to protect threatened species?
    Why dont we start with...........Thou Shalt Not Killl.

The religion of peace (ISLAM) is responsible for the slaughter of trillions of animals and have been bannned from receiving live exports from Australia because of their cruelty to animals.

Not satisfied with that record .........Muslims are also responsible for the slaughter of men women and children across the world.

Its seems that the legacy of the religion of peace ( ISLAM ).......is slaughter and death and terror and rape and bloodshed against humans and animals ever since its was created by the murderous Mohammed 14 Centuries ago.

God Bless the false religion of peace.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:22
    Originally posted by Dasa
    ...and welcome back the lone voice of reason, truth and mercy.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    As far as I am aware the "fountain" of fatwa concern small 'technical' matters of faith and scriptural interpretation, such as the timing of fasting and what to do when one cannot pray at the designated time, along with matters pertaining to a divorce etc. As wiki says: 'When someone asks a Muslim scholar about performing a specific action, the reply will be a " ...[text shortened]... tively tiny number of highly politicized "death sentences" that were designed to make headlines?
    So ISIS is a small group of murderers is it? ........that we should not be concerned with.

Update of Islamic terror attacks>........( http://www.thereligionofpeace.com)
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 23:33
    Why dont we start with...........Thou Shalt Not Killl.

The religion of peace (ISLAM) is responsible for the slaughter of trillions of animals and have been bannned from receiving live exports from Australia because of their cruelty to animals.

Not satisfied with that record .........Muslims are also responsible for the slaughter of men women and children ...[text shortened]... as created by the murderous Mohammed 14 Centuries ago.

It is Allah (a.k.a. Satan) that is dong the blessing of Islam.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 02:21
    So ISIS is a small group of murderers is it? ........that we should not be concerned with.
    If you say so, dasa. Call them a "small group of murderers" if you want. Personally I think ISIS is definitely something to be concerned about as do my Muslim neighbours and colleagues here.

Any way, do you think the Indonesian Council of Ulema's fatwa is positive step for a religious organisation to be talking? And how does your spirituality inform your attitude to collective action to protect threatened species?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree