1. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 May '06 06:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    For those die-hard evolutionists (who inexplicably choose to hang out in a spirituality forum), here's a link you may wish to check out. The author picks a fight along the lines that information can only result from a mind.

This will be especially interesting to the computer geeks out there; however anyone with an inquiring mind will likely enjoy the j ...[text shortened]... I am expecting any of you to honestly review the material, but it's worth a shot, nonetheless.
    I am a die-hard evolutionist and computer geek/programmer. The little I have read so far on the posted site seems rather disorganised. Do you have a link to a particular page with a meaningfull arguement. If so I would be glad to revue the material.

I had a quick look at
    http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/infotheoryqa.htm
    and notice some glaring incosistencies. He first defines information in such a way as to require a sender and reciever and then proceeds to talk about other forms of information which do not require this without readjusting his prior definition and thus concludes that there must be a sender and reciever for all information. Sounds like a proof of a definition to me.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 May '06 07:40
    For those die-hard evolutionists (who inexplicably choose to hang out in a spirituality forum), here's a link you may wish to check out.
    You're a fool if you think the only way to be spiritual is to deny evolution.

Nemesio
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '06 09:121 edit
    [b]It is a widely accepted theory.
    There's a word in that sentence that nags at me. I wonder...

Rabid? Yeah, that's me: FreakyKBH, the rabid anti-evolutionist. Sheesh.[/b]
    Strange how you never refutre what anyone else says. I wonder...

EDIT: Oh, and what word are you talking about exactly?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 May '06 11:15
    I have looked at the site some more and still cant make any sense out of it. There is a page for example titled:
    'New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God'
    but I cant find on the page where this evidence is mentioned.

He also makes rather a lot of false statements.

Unless you wish to highlight a specific one of his arguements for discussion, I wont bother to proceed.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    04 May '06 11:48
    Originally posted by amannion
    I've seen some of his stuff before, but had a brief look at this stuff. Typically it panders to those who already believe.
    Certainly his arguments are circular and use a lot of descriptors and definitives - vast, all, never, etc. - without any justification.
    But I'm sure it satisfies you.
    As always, we're arguing past each other ...
    If someone told FreakingIdiot that a smelly fart was evidence of God, it would satisfy him.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 13:28
    Originally posted by howardgee
    If someone told FreakingIdiot that a smelly fart was evidence of God, it would satisfy him.
    Only if it came from your angelic orifice, love.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 14:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have looked at the site some more and still cant make any sense out of it. There is a page for example titled:
    'New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God'
    but I cant find on the page where this evidence is mentioned.

He also makes rather a lot of false statements.

Unless you wish to highlight a specific one of his arguements for discussion, I wont bother to proceed.
    Here's the link to the site wherein he is set upon by a good 25-30 self-professed (rabid) atheist/evolutionists. Keep in mind, however, that in true Clintonesque avoidance, a large part of 15 pages is spent by the antagonists arguing over how "code" should be defined.

The provided link takes you to page 18 of (as of this morning) 19 pages.

http://iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=135497&page=18
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 14:54
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You're a fool if you think the only way to be spiritual is to deny evolution.

Nemesio
    You're a fool if you think the Bible is not the word of God.
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    04 May '06 15:14
    Typical Christian fear mixed with unbalanced ego, clutching to the bible like a security blanket.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 15:45
    Originally posted by David C
    Typical Christian fear mixed with unbalanced ego, clutching to the bible like a security blanket.
    Astounding insight, David. I think you really nailed it this time. So-called atheists faced with an objective, systematic orthodox theological doctrine, unable to rationally refute even a single point, turn to the Christian and charge him with possession of an unbalanced ego. And full of fear, to boot! Masterful. Rest in peace for a job well done, good sir.
  11. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    04 May '06 15:49
    Didn't you used to be a freethinker... talk about 360...
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:03
    I admit it. I am a fool. The bible is STILL not the word of god. ANY god. You have blinders on your mind which is the proper way for religious people to behave. You have to leave your real mind at home if you want to go to heaven. No room for thinkers there.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:20
    Psst. Your ignorance is showing. If you "distrust" the pitch so much, why not go to the provided links of the infidel website and view the conversation itself? Likely any argument you have to offer has already been introduced and refuted/rejected.
    I was not aware there were such links. All I saw was a sales pitch and a request for my e-mail address.

What am I ignorant of now? The links at the bottom of the page? OK. I was ignorant of them. I read the entire body of the ADDRESS YOU POSTED. I didn't go surfing through the links. I assumed if you wanted me to read a webpage, you'd give me the address of that webpage instead of some other random webpage that happened to link to the websites you actually wanted me to read.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by lioyank
    Didn't you used to be a freethinker... talk about 360...
    To be free, one must first grasp reality. One cannot grasp reality without first coming to grips with the One who makes reality so. Patterns: they're everywhere!
    EDIT: Wouldn't 360 put me back where I started?
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I was not aware there were such links. All I saw was a sales pitch and a request for my e-mail address.

What am I ignorant of now? The links at the bottom of the page? OK. I was ignorant of them. I read the entire body of the ADDRESS YOU POSTED. I didn't go surfing through the links. I assumed if you wanted me to read a webpage, you'd give me the a ...[text shortened]... ome other random webpage that happened to link to the websites you actually wanted me to read.
    The ignorance referred to your non-qualified (or justified) dismissal. The web site doesn't sell anything. It asks for your e-mail in order to send you (free of charge) five e-mails for your consideration of the material.

If you go to the link that I provided the second time, be forewarned that it is only going to get you to page 18 of the discussion. If you decide to read the entire discussion, you will have to hit the bottom hyperlinks to previous pages, up to 17 times.

I find the argument initially compelling. Seeing the dissention it caused on the website cited, prompts me to think there is even more to it than what I have considered. Anytime the opposing side of an argument chooses to bog the conversation down by focusing on irrelevant minutae, it's a sure bet they have nothing else with which to combat the threat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree