1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 May '06 16:00
    For those die-hard evolutionists (who inexplicably choose to hang out in a spirituality forum), here's a link you may wish to check out. The author picks a fight along the lines that information can only result from a mind.

This will be especially interesting to the computer geeks out there; however anyone with an inquiring mind will likely enjoy the jousting.

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/

Not that I am expecting any of you to honestly review the material, but it's worth a shot, nonetheless.
  2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    03 May '06 17:44
    Very interesting, but then I'm a theist. What he is saying, in a nutshell, is that intelligent design has been proven to work (you build a machine to do something and then it does it), while there is no viewable example of random mutation improving life. Intelligent design then is the more simple solution.

The whole idea about DNA being a language and therefore must come from something intelligent ... well, I'm willing to buy it, but I'm not sure it satisfies me intellectually.
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 May '06 18:45
    There you have it. Proof positive that Claude Rael speaks the Truth. Too bad for you Abramites.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 May '06 19:45
    Originally posted by David C
    There you have it. Proof positive that Claude Rael speaks the Truth. Too bad for you Abramites.
    You must have read a different link than the one provided. I don't recall anything on the site provided referencing ET's. Little afternoon imbibing going on, perhaps?
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 May '06 21:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You must have read a different link than the one provided. I don't recall anything on the site provided referencing ET's. Little afternoon imbibing going on, perhaps?
    No. You're simply uninformed as to Rael's message. You're happy to accept the spurious notion of a creator/designer, provided it's the one described in your notebook. Cute, but monumetally useless.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 May '06 22:19
    For those die-hard evolutionists (who inexplicably choose to hang out in a spirituality forum), here's a link you may wish to check out. The author picks a fight along the lines that information can only result from a mind.

This will be especially interesting to the computer geeks out there; however anyone with an inquiring mind will likely enjoy the j ...[text shortened]... I am expecting any of you to honestly review the material, but it's worth a shot, nonetheless.
    That link has that kind of manipulative, sensationalized sales schpiel (sp?) that I instantly distrust. I have no intention of giving my information to these people. Anyway, I've already been through this topic:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=22541&page=1

In short, the problem is that "information" needs to be rigorously defined in order for the claim to make any sense or for evidence to be available either for or against.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '06 23:13

This will be especially interesting to the computer geeks out there; however anyone with an inquiring mind will likely enjoy the j ...[text shortened]... I am expecting any of you to honestly review the material, but it's worth a shot, nonetheless.
    This site is deliberately misleading. Just from its promises I refuse to give my information to the site.

"Einstein's blunder," do they even no what it was?

And anyway, I don't understand why you are so inimical to evolution. It is a widely accepted theory. It is philosophically valid in other sciences (i.e. economics, "memology",...) but for some reason, as soon as we speculate on human evolution, (fundamentalist?) christians, like you, go completely rabid.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    03 May '06 23:27
    I didn't give my info either. I clicked on the links on the bottom of the page.
  9. Meddling with things
    Moves
    03 May '06 23:35

I'm not sure if I qualify as a die hard evolutionist.

Why do I hang out here? For the pleasure of meeting people like you!

Furthermore, it can be said of a minority of christians (of a fundamentalist persuasion) that they are highly politicised and have on their agenda a desire to reverse the trend toward liberalism since the enlightenement. I trust that most posters on here would join me in opposing any moves to implement such an agenda.
  10. Meddling with things
    Moves
    03 May '06 23:38

If I deal a deck of cards for bridge the odss against dealing a perfect suite to each player are astronomical. But it does happen occasionally
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 03:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That link has that kind of manipulative, sensationalized sales schpiel (sp?) that I instantly distrust. I have no intention of giving my information to these people. Anyway, I've already been through this topic:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=22541&page=1

In short, the problem is that "information" needs to be rig ...[text shortened]... order for the claim to make any sense or for evidence to be available either for or against.
    Psst. Your ignorance is showing. If you "distrust" the pitch so much, why not go to the provided links of the infidel website and view the conversation itself? Likely any argument you have to offer has already been introduced and refuted/rejected.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 03:16
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    This site is deliberately misleading. Just from its promises I refuse to give my information to the site.

"Einstein's blunder," do they even no what it was?

And anyway, I don't understand why you are so inimical to evolution. It is a widely accepted theory. It is philosophically valid in other sciences (i.e. economics, "memology",...) but for some re ...[text shortened]... speculate on human evolution, (fundamentalist?) christians, like you, go completely rabid.
    It is a widely accepted theory.
    There's a word in that sentence that nags at me. I wonder...

Rabid? Yeah, that's me: FreakyKBH, the rabid anti-evolutionist. Sheesh.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 03:18
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I'm not sure if I qualify as a die hard evolutionist.

Why do I hang out here? For the pleasure of meeting people like you!

Furthermore, it can be said of a minority of christians (of a fundamentalist persuasion) that they are highly politicised and have on their agenda a desire to reverse the trend toward liberalism since the enlightenement. I trust that most posters on here would join me in opposing any moves to implement such an agenda.
    Politicized? Right next to rabid, you painted me perfect! Great work, Sherlock!
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '06 03:46
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    If I deal a deck of cards for bridge the odss against dealing a perfect suite to each player are astronomical. But it does happen occasionally
    Great analogy. Now all we need is for the fate of all existence to hang in the balance of said 'probability.'
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    04 May '06 04:45

I've seen some of his stuff before, but had a brief look at this stuff. Typically it panders to those who already believe.
    Certainly his arguments are circular and use a lot of descriptors and definitives - vast, all, never, etc. - without any justification.
    But I'm sure it satisfies you.
    As always, we're arguing past each other ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree