1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    15 May '06 09:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Apparently your smugness blocked irony at the gate.

I've never claimed to be anything other than I am. You, on the other hand, are playing a game not even Paschal would touch.

Must be mentally disturbed if I thought grandeur would grace someone with a moniker which contained "Freaky."

What's in a name? That which we call bull**** by any other word would smell the same.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 May '06 10:50
    I've stated and restated already. Marshall asserts that all information comes from a mind, and that no one would be able to point to any example of any information which arises without the aid of a mind. His conclusion is that life--- specifically, DNA--- arises from a mind.
    Firstly I dont see any definition for the word 'information' which is vague at best when dealing with this kind of topic.
    Well if that is his assertion then it is flawed from the onset. He is basically trying to claim without proof that all information comes from a mind and concluding from his own unproved assertion that any information that apparently violates his assertion must come from Gods mind.
    If you start with his first assertion (that no one can give and example of information which arises without the aid of a mind) then I can immediately give an example - DNA. The only way he (or anyone) could show that this is not a valid example is by proving that DNA was created by a mind. But if you have that proof then why the whole argument in the first place.
    If I had a concrete definition of the word 'information' I could either show that DNA does not fit that definition or that there are many many examples of information which does not come from a mind.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '06 15:14
    Originally posted by David C
    Apparently your smugness blocked irony at the gate.

I've never claimed to be anything other than I am. You, on the other hand, are playing a game not even Paschal would touch.

Must be mentally disturbed if I thought grandeur would grace someone with a moniker which contained "Freaky."

What's in a name? That which we call bull**** by any other word would smell the same.[/b]
    I've never claimed to be anything other than I am.
    The irony statement that you missed was directed at your use of the word "hyperbole" in describing my assertions. As I am not usually given to hyperbole, I offered one in response to your (intended, but misguided) insult. Thus, the irony.

You, on the other hand, are playing a game not even Paschal would touch.
    Paschal, to my knowledge, was not a known game-toucher. He did enjoy an occasional contest of charades, however, and was given to making a fair amount of side money on the bets he placed. Thus, Paschal's Wager.

What's in a name? That which we call bull**** by any other word would smell the same.
    Ah, the poor man's bullet: the blank. Good aim, though.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '06 15:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Firstly I dont see any definition for the word 'information' which is vague at best when dealing with this kind of topic.
    Well if that is his assertion then it is flawed from the onset. He is basically trying to claim without proof that all information comes from a mind and concluding from his own unproved assertion that any information that apparently v ...[text shortened]... inition or that there are many many examples of information which does not come from a mind.
    Have you read the discussion from the link provided? Your objections have all been raised, addressed and refuted.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 May '06 18:21
    Have you read the discussion from the link provided? Your objections have all been raised, addressed and refuted.
    not my objections: I aint read the site because though, Im willing to takeon the guy's ideas , I'm waiting to see just how "information" is relevant to the subject. So you should enlighten me with your superior knowlege about the subject matter, i.e. if you want to debate it.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 May '06 18:27
    Why are you so unwilling to talk for yourself? Everything is about making other people read some website. That takes a ton of time and effort, which is odd considering how hard you're trying not to put any effort into this thread.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:11
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    not my objections: I aint read the site because though, Im willing to takeon the guy's ideas , I'm waiting to see just how "information" is relevant to the subject. So you should enlighten me with your superior knowlege about the subject matter, i.e. if you want to debate it.
    Which scenario makes more sense to you:

1.) Recreate the entire discussion here; or
    2.) Allow the readers herein to read the discussion full bloom elsewhere, returning here to discuss their opinions once informed (kinda like a book club on a miniature scale)?

I no where claimed superior knowledge on the subject, but have provided the salient points of the argument, as culled from reading both the entire debate and the originating website's postings in approximately 20 minutes. I understand if you don't have the time.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why are you so unwilling to talk for yourself? Everything is about making other people read some website. That takes a ton of time and effort, which is odd considering how hard you're trying not to put any effort into this thread.
    Read post above. I don't have the energy to post it again.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    16 May '06 02:27
    Read post above. I don't have the energy to post it again.
    Well, you have my answer to your "question":

http://talkorigins.org/

My website can beat up your website!
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '06 07:06
    My objections are totally logical and irrefutable. I do not believe that they have been addressed and refuted on the site.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 May '06 10:17
    Which scenario makes more sense to you:

1.) Recreate the entire discussion here; or
    2.) Allow the readers herein to read the discussion full bloom elsewhere, returning here to discuss their opinions once informed (kinda like a book club on a miniature scale)?

I no where claimed superior knowledge on the subject, but have provided the salient points ...[text shortened]... ting website's postings in approximately 20 minutes. I understand if you don't have the time.
    You just did claim "superior knowlege" and salient points need to be outlined before I will bother discussing them.
    that btw goes
    1)a
    b
    etc
    2) a
    b
    etc

ETC
    lol
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 May '06 13:40
    I'll take that as a concession from all of you that you either do not understand the argument, or that you agree with its assertion. Thanks for playing.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 May '06 00:31
    I'll take that as a concession from all of you that you either do not understand the argument, or that you agree with its assertion. Thanks for playing.
    As I have said, I don't have time to search out every bit of junk science and garbage arguments from your site so if you want to say that I dont know what you are talking about, that's ok, neither do you.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    17 May '06 01:13
    Your take is incorrect. Your intellectual dishonesty is repulsive.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 May '06 04:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Your take is incorrect. Your intellectual dishonesty is repulsive.
    And your laziness is funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree