30 Sep '12
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 05:57
    *Thinking about faith healers who wear toupees.*
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 06:59
    I don't mind creationism but the whole ' human eye is divine' argument is bull. Octopus have better evolved eyes .

Also an eye is a cell full of water with receptors on one side - its not a natural miracle its easier for nature to make then say organs like a liver or brain...
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 07:14
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I don't mind creationism but the whole ' human eye is divine' argument is bull. Octopus have better evolved eyes .

Also an eye is a cell full of water with receptors on one side - its not a natural miracle its easier for nature to make then say organs like a liver or brain...
    But I wonder if an octupus eye is transplanted in a human, which eye would the human prefer?

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 08:00
    Originally posted by sonship
    ahhh....his head is gone!!!!! another good example of poor design.

I guess you are not saying ID is invalid. You have only suggested that it appears to you to be a non-optimal design. If you are trying to disprove Intelligent Design you have not done so.

A poor design is STILL a design.

A non-optimal design is STILL a design.
    true, non of this proves that there is no design. but it goes a long way to question the intelligence of the designer.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 20:27
    ahhh....his head is gone!!!!! another good example of poor design.

I guess you are not saying ID is invalid. You have only suggested that it appears to you to be a non-optimal design. If you are trying to disprove Intelligent Design you have not done so.

A poor design is STILL a design.

A non-optimal design is STILL a design.
    But at least we can dispense with the 'it's all so wondrous it MUST be designed!' arguments. I'll take that deal in a hot second.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 20:355 edits
    But at least we can dispense with the 'it's all so wondrous it MUST be designed!' arguments. I'll take that deal in a hot second.

Blanket statement don't you think ?

And tell me HOW are you diminished IF someone does say that something is wonderfully designed ? Is that some kind of personal affront to your ego that maybe something not made by man was "wonderfully designed" ?

I mean just how is that an attack against your validity as a human being ?
    Seriously.

I think my PC is wonderfully designed. In this case I happen to know who the designers were. But if I DIDN'T it wouldn't change my attitude about the design itself.

What is the taboo of exclaiming that the human brain is also wonderfully designed by an intelligence probably smarter than human being ?

I mean if someone says the eyeball is nicely designed (maybe by God), you won't be curious anymore to study how it works ? Is that it ? Is saying something is wonderfully designed the END of human scientific curiosity ?

Didn't stop Galileo or Newton. Why should that stop you from years of enjoyable research ?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 01:23
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    true, non of this proves that there is no design. but it goes a long way to question the intelligence of the designer.
    A New Theory : Stupidity Design
    😉

Actually makes more sense!!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 03:121 edit
    The only one that questions the intelligence of the designer is the one (stellspalfie), who lacks the intelligence and knowledge to design.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 06:12
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    *Thinking about faith healers who wear toupees.*
    lol
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 06:13
    its 10:45 gmt........intelligent design question time!!!!!!

why can eyes trick ears? sound is a physical thing, it enters the ears in a fixed pattern, if so why would god design us so our eyes via the brain can change what we hear??? wouldnt it be better to just hear what we hear? cutting down on confusion. is their any logical reason to for us to hear what we see rather than hear what we hear??? all rather odd, dont ya'think.
    "Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the tree in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should have ever left the oceans." (anon)
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 12:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the tree in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should have ever left the oceans." (anon)
    Well there was the little problem 250 million years ago....
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 12:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The only one that questions the intelligence of the designer is the one (stellspalfie), who lacks the intelligence and knowledge to design.

The Instructor
    It's really funny we have the intelligence to recognize shyte design but lack the intelligence to improve on it? You are criticizing children, that is the basic condition of science now, in the formative years. You won't be able to say that say, 300 years from now, assuming we don't drive ourselves back to caveman days by our meddling in the climate. You would probably be quite happy if that DID happen since there would be no science to criticize, you could go back to duping even MORE people.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's really funny we have the intelligence to recognize shyte design but lack the intelligence to improve on it? You are criticizing children, that is the basic condition of science now, in the formative years. You won't be able to say that say, 300 years from now, assuming we don't drive ourselves back to caveman days by our meddling in the climate. You wo ...[text shortened]... n since there would be no science to criticize, you could go back to duping even MORE people.
    sonhouse, Poster Darfius asked you a question over on the thread about the Forum Poll. I am eager too to see your reply.

Check it out.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 13:19
    sonhouse, Poster Darfius asked you a question over on the thread about the Forum Poll. I am eager too to see your reply.

Check it out.
    What is the exact name of that post? I don't see anything here in spiritual called forum poll. Is it in spiritual?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '13 14:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is the exact name of that post? I don't see anything here in spiritual called forum poll. Is it in spiritual?
    Ok, I found it. I think Proper knob answered that question nicely. Of course you want to cherry pick which part of the bible to believe in that is your choice but it is there in black and white.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree