1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 09:49
    its 10:45 gmt........intelligent design question time!!!!!!

why can eyes trick ears? sound is a physical thing, it enters the ears in a fixed pattern, if so why would god design us so our eyes via the brain can change what we hear??? wouldnt it be better to just hear what we hear? cutting down on confusion. is their any logical reason to for us to hear what we see rather than hear what we hear??? all rather odd, dont ya'think.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 16:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    its 10:45 gmt........intelligent design question time!!!!!!

why can eyes trick ears? sound is a physical thing, it enters the ears in a fixed pattern, if so why would god design us so our eyes via the brain can change what we hear??? wouldnt it be better to just hear what we hear? cutting down on confusion. is their any logical reason to for us to hear what we see rather than hear what we hear??? all rather odd, dont ya'think.
    I don't believe it is really a trick. It is just that our brain learns to associate a sound with what we see. So we may think we also hear the sound when we see something. It is just like smell and taste.

The instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 16:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe it is really a trick. It is just that our brain learns to associate a sound with what we see. So we may think we also hear the sound when we see something. It is just like smell and taste.

The instructor
    So do you figure since the alleged fall of man in the garden that our bodies are now vastly different from A&E? Like now our eyes have blood vessels in FRONT of the cones. That is built in to our DNA. Not a very good design from the viewpoint of getting the best visual clarity. So you would then say, old Adam had these beautifully designed eyes where among other things, the placement of the blood supply vessels for the retina are on the BACK of the cones?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 17:02

The instructor
    trick or not, whats the point? why would our brains alter the sound we hear?

have a look at this example of the mcgurk effect.

YouTube
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 17:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0
    That is friggin bizzare!
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 17:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That is friggin bizzare!
    it is isnt it!! why would a god build that into a system or make an oversight like that. its not a major flaw like the eyeball, but clearly not good design.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:23
    I wish my brain could do this more often. Imagine how great it would be if the brain could completely cut out the noise of a screaming infant, for example.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So do you figure since the alleged fall of man in the garden that our bodies are now vastly different from A&E? Like now our eyes have blood vessels in FRONT of the cones. That is built in to our DNA. Not a very good design from the viewpoint of getting the best visual clarity. So you would then say, old Adam had these beautifully designed eyes where among ...[text shortened]... r things, the placement of the blood supply vessels for the retina are on the BACK of the cones?
    We don't know exactly how Adam and Eve were designed, so it is hard to say if it has changed much or not. But since it is known that DNA and all biological parts degrades over time, it is likely it was better in the beginning. How much better no one can tell.

In my case, I have been near-sighted from at least the 7th grade, when it was determined that I needed eyeglasses. I got more nearsighted with time. In my old age, cataracts appeared on my eyes and the eye doctor did surgery and replaced the lenses in my eyes so that I could see good at a distance. but had to wear reading glasses. I did not like that and had the lenses replaced with some that made me nearsighted again so I could see very good, better than the normal person close up. I guess I just got used to looking at things close up without glasses and did not like not being able to see close up. I have no need to see like a hawk.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0
    I believe that may have something to do with God confounding the language or perhaps not. I guess we will never know in this lifetime. But why should we be concerned about it?

The Instructor
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:48
    I believe that may have something to do with God confounding the language or perhaps not. I guess we will never know in this lifetime. But why should we be concerned about it?

The Instructor
    oh, no need to be concerned. its just an example of bad design.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:16
    oh, no need to be concerned. its just an example of bad design.
    It is clear that something is wrong, however, I don't see how we have enough knowledge to accurately blame it on bad design.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:23
    Fooling the eyes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=O7jpJ12lBjg&NR=1
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Fooling the eyes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=O7jpJ12lBjg&NR=1
    ahhh....his head is gone!!!!! another good example of poor design.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:46
    We don't know exactly how Adam and Eve were designed, so it is hard to say if it has changed much or not. But since it is known that DNA and all biological parts degrades over time, it is likely it was better in the beginning. How much better no one can tell.

In my case, I have been near-sighted from at least the 7th grade, when it was determined that I ...[text shortened]... not like not being able to see close up. I have no need to see like a hawk.

The Instructor
    In other words, rationalize all the faults in human design away because god is great, god is good, let us thank him for our food....
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 05:492 edits

I guess you are not saying ID is invalid. You have only suggested that it appears to you to be a non-optimal design. If you are trying to disprove Intelligent Design you have not done so.

A poor design is STILL a design.

A non-optimal design is STILL a design.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree