Intelligent? Design

Intelligent? Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
But the sad truth is you are still besotted with JC and the boys to the extent you can't see the holes in the main plot written a few thousand years ago when they knew exactly zilch about the real world and so made up tales to convince a savage population. Well, we are not such savages now and should be able to do that thing that is our birthright, critical ...[text shortened]... come a scientologist or a Hindu but don't bother us about problems with the main christian plot.
Start up another thread on any topic you'd like I'll join the conversation. In the mean time
talking about holes in a belief system, the universe came from? If you have no idea, then
why would a where be more to your liking than from who?

O

Moves
25 Dec 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
That is true of regular folk in and outside religion as well as believers, and extremists. People tend to just live their lives not challenging what they believe, which is close to blind faith in my opinion.

Anyone who is willing to debate isn't running around in blind faith. The ones with their fingers in their ears, hands over their eyes and mouth refu ...[text shortened]... ate it was supposed to be about ID, that was shutdown for a review of is God good and righteous.
Yes you are right, I'm off topic, I'll leave it to others,have a nice xmas.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Dec 16
1 edit

Start up another thread on any topic you'd like I'll join the conversation. In the mean time
talking about holes in a belief system, the universe came from? If you have no idea, then
why would a where be more to your liking than from who?
All you have is a fairy tale thousands of years old and even that is plagiarized from ancient Egyptians who also have a 7 day creation tale. So your certainty of how the universe got here is just as full of holes as the standard science theory, the big bang, and that is not even the only theory, there are others and there is actual scientific evidence for the BB but the only and I mean the ONLY evidence for you is a plagiarized tale in an ancient book.

http://www.aldokkan.com/religion/creation.htm

This spells out the similarities between the two myths. It is obvious the Jewish people took the Egyptian myth and reworked it for their own people.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Dec 16

All you have is a fairy tale thousands of years old and even that is plagiarized from ancient Egyptians who also have a 7 day creation tale. So your certainty of how the universe got here is just as full of holes as the standard science theory, the big bang, and that is not even the only theory, there are others and there is actual scientific evidence for t ...[text shortened]... hs. It is obvious the Jewish people took the Egyptian myth and reworked it for their own people.
As I pointed out to you and you agreed BB doesn't address the beginning. So the evidence may fit an event that never happened as well, it's very theoretical.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 16

As I pointed out to you and you agreed BB doesn't address the beginning. So the evidence may fit an event that never happened as well, it's very theoretical.
That changes not a whit the plagiarized Egyptian 7 day creation myth. In time science will show exactly how the universe got here and whether it is truly infinite or multidimensional or whatnot. A thousand years from now, assuming Christianity even exists then, there will only be the mythological tale of the 7 day creation, originated by Egypt.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Dec 16

That changes not a whit the plagiarized Egyptian 7 day creation myth. In time science will show exactly how the universe got here and whether it is truly infinite or multidimensional or whatnot. A thousand years from now, assuming Christianity even exists then, there will only be the mythological tale of the 7 day creation, originated by Egypt.
Egyptian creation myth had the Holy Spirit of God hovering over the waters? Had God, the
only God creating the Heavens and Earth and everything in them? I admit I have not read
the Egyptian 7 day creation myth so you'll have to prove the point you are making.

In time we may not be here for anyone in or out of science to show us something it does
not know and may not be true.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 16

Egyptian creation myth had the Holy Spirit of God hovering over the waters? Had God, the
only God creating the Heavens and Earth and everything in them? I admit I have not read
the Egyptian 7 day creation myth so you'll have to prove the point you are making.

In time we may not be here for anyone in or out of science to show us something it does
not know and may not be true.
Did you go to the link I provided? It talks about the water thing too. Sorry, I had disaster happen today, have to go to ER. Kitchen lights went out, changed the ballast and had the thing put back together and the ladder I was standing on slipped out from under me and I landed on the floor and half the kitchen ceiling came down. I can't believe the damage that caused. I am at a loss as to what to do, we can't use the kitchen at all with the mess it is in. When the light fixture fell down it even took out the overhead exhaust for the stove. Frigging disaster. Kids called 911, so ambulance is on its way. Be a while before I get back on here.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Dec 16

Did you go to the link I provided? It talks about the water thing too. Sorry, I had disaster happen today, have to go to ER. Kitchen lights went out, changed the ballast and had the thing put back together and the ladder I was standing on slipped out from under me and I landed on the floor and half the kitchen ceiling came down. I can't believe the damage t ...[text shortened]... ing disaster. Kids called 911, so ambulance is on its way. Be a while before I get back on here.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Dec 16

Did you go to the link I provided? It talks about the water thing too. Sorry, I had disaster happen today, have to go to ER. Kitchen lights went out, changed the ballast and had the thing put back together and the ladder I was standing on slipped out from under me and I landed on the floor and half the kitchen ceiling came down. I can't believe the damage t ...[text shortened]... ing disaster. Kids called 911, so ambulance is on its way. Be a while before I get back on here.
I'll ask God to be a little more hands on with you in a good way!
I'm grateful you seem to be okay from the sounds of it a lot worse things could have happen!

I just checked the link, I was impressed on how close they were, so it then comes down
to was either true and first. As you know I have an issue with dating methods, so I guess
we could attempt to see if we can agree on the ages of both.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Dec 16

I'll ask God to be a little more hands on with you in a good way!
I'm grateful you seem to be okay from the sounds of it a lot worse things could have happen!

I just checked the link, I was impressed on how close they were, so it then comes down
to was either true and first. As you know I have an issue with dating methods, so I guess
we could attempt to see if we can agree on the ages of both.
Back in the saddle again, at work, I apparently heal fast, I guess I picked the right parents, my mom just celebrated her 97th BD and the same day, Dec 29, our anniversery, 37 years and still going strong.

The sources I found suggested the Egyptian myth is about a thousand years older than the Jewish myth. That makes sense since the Jewish slaves/workers were not in the very early history of Egypt. I think they came on the scene about 3000 years ago or thereabout, but the 7 day Egyptian tale is around 4000 years old. I saw the cartouch myself in the Cairo museum (we lived in Israel for 4 years, contracting at Intel there).

I was also on the lookout for very early board games and found one, played on a board 3 X10 squares. Also amazing to me was the find there of a carved model bird/airplane that looks like it could have been carved by a 1930's farmer for his kid, it was clearly bird shaped, beak on front and such but the middle and back looks just like a model airplane, front wing, back smaller wing and a vertical stabalizer. I was shocked when I saw that model, said to be 3000+ years old. It looked like it would fly! We took a vacation trip to Egypt and our tour guide was Zahi Hawass, an archeologist and a great mind.

He had a TV show for awhile but fell out of favor with the Egyptian authorities but now is the chief archeologist of Egypt.

One of his discoveries, which he asked not for us to reveal because he was writing a paper about it, he showed us personally. On the collonade from the great pyramid at Giza running to the Sphinx, one of the columns, dated also about 3500 years old, there was a carving on it, very worn down but by doing a pencil rub on paper he showed us what it clearly was, an image of a kangaroo! Now that is really interesting, because you only find them in Australia so it showed the ancient Egyptians traveled all the way from Egypt to Australia and back, the brought back a few captured and became the Pharaoh personal pets but they didn't survive long in Egypt, there are also some cartouches Zahi pointed out to us at the museum (an infrappingcredible museum if I say so myself!) It was a great trip. Cairo is awesome.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 17

Back in the saddle again, at work, I apparently heal fast, I guess I picked the right parents, my mom just celebrated her 97th BD and the same day, Dec 29, our anniversery, 37 years and still going strong.

The sources I found suggested the Egyptian myth is about a thousand years older than the Jewish myth. That makes sense since the Jewish slaves/worke ...[text shortened]... museum (an infrappingcredible museum if I say so myself!) It was a great trip. Cairo is awesome.
Glad you are back and doing okay...I'll have to get back to this a little later.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jan 17

The sources I found suggested the Egyptian myth is about a thousand years older than the Jewish myth. That makes sense since the Jewish slaves/worke ...[text shortened]... museum (an infrappingcredible museum if I say so myself!) It was a great trip. Cairo is awesome.
The dates don't interest me nearly as much as the stories themselves. Most stories are
from a few thousand years ago and carry a creation type message. As most human
stories go over time unless they are written down tend to change over time and even
if those writing the stories, if they are not attempting to keep the text as close to the
original as possible even written text can change over time. So as far as I'm concern both
the Egyptian and Jewish stories are so close they may have come from the same source.

With respect to the airplane, that reminded me of a story I heard about boat designs. The
story goes that ship builders were attempting to build the fastest boat they could to race
with. At one point in time someone decided to look at nature and asked what was the
fastest fish in the water they modeled their ship after it and low and behold they hit the
proper dimensions and they studied the fish a little closer and discovered it had a oily
substance which made it cut throw the water out pacing everything else. The oil gave
them such an advantage it was outlawed. Another story you touched upon was about
jet planes, they couldn't figure out why the wings were having issues until they looked
at nature and looked at birds of prey. They have a feather that lifted and allowed air to
pass between it and the wing, giving the wing stability at speed.

I'd say what we see around us should clue us in that we live in a designed universe, from
the atoms to stars, gravity to water freezing it was all knitted together in such away to
support life. The things we see in life itself and how everything works together is simply
amazing its all to good to be an accident of chance.

Maryland

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Would you stop believing that your Mercedes was designed by an intelligent designer the moment you ran into some engine trouble?
If god designed the Mercedes with as much thought as he designed the prostate, he would have put the fuel tank at the front of the car. The prostate is positioned for trouble.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by 667joe
If god designed the Mercedes with as much thought as he designed the prostate, he would have put the fuel tank at the front of the car. The prostate is positioned for trouble.
I disagree, at first our bodies were designed to live forever until we introduced sin into
our race. After that other things started occurring in our lives that were not supposed to be
there like lies, stealing, lust, envy, hate, fear and so on, all of which take a toll on our
bodies. The fact that the bodies do as well as they do under the conditions we put them
under is an amazing feat in my opinion.

Maryland

Moves
02 Jan 17

You do not have any evidence that originally our bodies were designed to last forever. That is merely a bronze age myth.