1. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 18:18
    From : http://thetyee.ca/Views/2005/09/06/IntelligentDesign/

... The schools are among the few institutional settings where there’s a possibility that superstition, pseudo-science, and wacky beliefs can be exposed.

An interesting look at creationism & science...
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 20:57
    Originally posted by widget

[b]... The schools are among the few institutional settings where there’s a possibility that superstition, pseudo-science, and wacky beliefs can be exposed.

An interesting look at creationism & science...[/b]
    A fine article.

Would teachers in the Tennesse public schools be allowed to hold ID up to rigorous examination without fear of being stoned by a knuckle dragging mob of rednecks?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 05:51
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    A fine article.

Would teachers in the Tennesse public schools be allowed to hold ID up to rigorous examination without fear of being stoned by a knuckle dragging mob of rednecks?
    It would be a case of "don't confuse me with facts, my minds made
    up"
  4. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It would be a case of "don't confuse me with facts, my minds made
    up"
    That seems to sum up the Duelling Banjos silence from the pews...

Ah well, we tried to elevate the debate... thanks, son & aardvark

(And go with god, the rest of you heathens..... too many big words to read?)
  5. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 16:57
    That seems to sum up the Duelling Banjos silence from the pews...

Ah well, we tried to elevate the debate... thanks, son & aardvark

(And go with god, the rest of you heathens..... too many big words to read?)
    God botherers (singing with their fingers in their ears): LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH . We can't hear you, we're not listening.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:29

[b]... The schools are among the few institutional settings where there’s a possibility that superstition, pseudo-science, and wacky beliefs can be exposed.

An interesting look at creationism & science...[/b]
    The reason why I chose creation is because it answers the big question of the origin of time, space and matter. Einstein's theory of general relativity, confirms that there has to be a start. His theory was ultimately verified by Penzias and Wilson, Smoot, and many other recognised scientists.

Spontaneous generation just doesn't make logical sense to me.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:312 edits
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    God botherers (singing with their fingers in their ears): LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH LAH . We can't hear you, we're not listening.
    Why would anybody dare to answer, if they knew they would instantly be labeled as a moron, idiot or redneck? I tried this before and got shut up rather quickly.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:32
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The reason why I chose creation is because it answers the big question of the origin of time, space and matter. Einstein's theory of general relativity, confirms that there has to be a start. His theory was ultimately verified by Penzias and Wilson, Smoot, and many other recognised scientists.

It "answers" the question in a non-scientific manner. There is nothing in Einstein's theories that require "creation" by some supernatural being.
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:33
    ... Penzias and Wilson, Smoot, and many other recognised scientists.

I've heard of Einstein but I'm afraid I don't recognize these other folks.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It "answers" the question in a non-scientific manner. There is nothing in Einstein's theories that require "creation" by some supernatural being.
    Sure. Pray give me a more scientific theory on where all the atoms in the universe came from.
  11. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Bible Studies is a science, in these last days - didn't you know?
  12. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:38
    Sure. Pray give me a more scientific theory on where all the atoms in the universe came from.
    This is good... I really like this....

On the one hand you accept that the universe is comprised of atoms.

On the other hand, you deny the nature of atomic theory based on flux, time & eternity being one, and the spontaneity of all things everywhen.

Pray, let your left lobe know what your right lobes's doing....
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:38
    I've heard of Einstein but I'm afraid I don't recognize these other folks.
    Penzias, Arno Allan, 1933–, German-American physicist, b. Munich, Germany, Ph.D. Columbia Univ., 1962. He fled Nazi Germany with his family and after finishing school began work at Bell Telephone Laboratories. In 1964 he and colleague Robert Wilson began monitoring radio waves in the Milky Way galaxy with a radio telescope and discovered cosmic background radiation. Their discovery has been used as evidence in support of the “big bang” theory that the universe was created by a giant explosion billions of years ago (see cosmology). Penzias and Wilson shared the 1978 Nobel Prize in Physics with Peter Kapitza.

George Smoot works in experimental astrophysics and observational cosmology at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (formerly Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory), where he has been since 1970. He is most famous for his research on the cosmic background radiation, thought to be the relic of the intense heat of the early Big Bang.

In April 1992, George Smoot made the announcement that the long sought variations in the early Universe had been observed by the COBE (Cosmic Background Explorer) DMR (Differential microwave radiometer) team that he led. NASA's COBE satellite mapped the intensity of the radiation from the early Big Bang and found variations so small they had be the seeds on which gravity worked to grow the galaxies, clusters of galaxies, and clusters of clusters seen in the universe today.

George Smoot's research group at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is titled the Cosmic Microwave Background Astrophysics Research Group.

P.S. Sorry from the copy and paste job. Staight from wikipedia.
  14. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:45
    So these guys support the "Big Bang" and Comology in general?

And you want to throw your intellectual lot in with them? Sorta...? ...Sorta?

The Big Bang theory is certainly tricky - really, I guess, you had to be there....
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 17:461 edit
    This is good... I really like this....

On the other hand, you deny the nature of atomic theory based on flux, time & eternity being one, and the spontaneity of all things everywhen.

Pray, let your left lobe know what your right lobes's doing....
    I'm not quite making sense of this post, so bear with me...

Yes

This is where I loose you. Atomic theory explains the functionality of the atom, but not the origin of it.

Pray, let your left lobe know what your right lobes's doing...
    😕 ??? I recognise this from the Bible somewhere. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree