1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148447
    28 Mar '14 11:19
    Why keep the focus on Atheist and Theist, since what is really going on is
    people acting like people?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Mar '14 12:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why keep the focus on Atheist and Theist, since what is really going on is
    people acting like people?
    Kelly
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ and those who reject the grace gift of eternal life He made possible.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Mar '14 12:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ and those who reject the grace gift of eternal life He made possible.
    Are you angry when you copy paste walls of text into OPs and then refuse to discuss them?
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Mar '14 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ ....
    There's arguably just as much "structural enmity" between believers in Christ on this forum. There are endless "You're not a True Christian" arguments between Christians here.
  5. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    28 Mar '14 13:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's arguably just as much "structural enmity" between believers in Christ on this forum. There are endless "You're not a True Christian" arguments between Christians here.
    You have to admit though: the atheists have it pretty easy.
    It doesn't matter what god(s) you don't accept, as along as you don't accept them all!

    It's the same thing with pretty much any aspect of life, whether it's politics, economic situations, medical advice, sports strategies ad infinitum.
    Once we agree a course of action is necessary, we find it necessary to argue which course of action is necessary!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Mar '14 14:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why keep the focus on Atheist and Theist, since what is really going on is
    people acting like people?
    Kelly
    It's all good, just so long as God does not get angry. 😵
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    28 Mar '14 22:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why keep the focus on Atheist and Theist, since what is really going on is
    people acting like people?
    Kelly
    I think by focussing on atheists and theists we have everyone covered.
    They are mainly people (apart from a chess engine or two)
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    28 Mar '14 22:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ and those who reject the grace gift of eternal life He made possible.
    explain
    "structural enmity"
    "grace gift"
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    28 Mar '14 22:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ and those who reject the grace gift of eternal life He made possible.
    Amen, brother.

    from TheONION.com January 14, 1998

    Pope Calls For Greater Understanding Between Catholics, Hellbound

    http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/PopeCalls.htm

    Wall-o-text available on request.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148447
    29 Mar '14 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's a structural enmity between believers in Christ and those who reject the grace gift of eternal life He made possible.
    There is a structural enmity between believers and those that reject Christ,
    yes. The point I'm making it doesn't matter! People who believe and those
    that do not all are sinners and can sin. Being a believer does not stop one
    from acting bad towards other believers or non-believers! We are being
    transformed, it is something we will be going through our whole lives while
    we are here. Do not excuse bad actions!
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148447
    29 Mar '14 01:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    It's all good, just so long as God does not get angry. 😵
    Actually God is angry, the only thing holding back Hell is God's grace. The
    wrath of God is going to hit full force and those that receive it will not have
    any place to go hide.
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    29 Mar '14 04:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You have to admit though: the atheists have it pretty easy.
    It doesn't matter what god(s) you don't accept, as along as you don't accept them all!

    It's the same thing with pretty much any aspect of life, whether it's politics, economic situations, medical advice, sports strategies ad infinitum.
    Once we agree a course of action is necessary, we find it necessary to argue which course of action is necessary!
    It is funny though, the atheists are always here on a spirituality forum.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    29 Mar '14 04:48
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Actually God is angry, the only thing holding back Hell is God's grace. The
    wrath of God is going to hit full force and those that receive it will not have
    any place to go hide.
    Kelly
    God is angry, true enough. But it isn't Hell that God's grace is holding back, unless you are saying we are going to go through hell before it is done.

    The great escape many Christians think they will have (rapture) will not take place the way they think. The Christians of this generation WILL experience a good chunk of Revelations.

    What God's grace is holding back is Revelations.

    We really don't want to go through it.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    29 Mar '14 05:09
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It is funny though, the atheists are always here on a spirituality forum.
    You could take a look at Thread 157451.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    29 Mar '14 05:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    explain
    "structural enmity"
    "grace gift"
    Believers in Christ are Members of His Royal Family; human beings who reject God's Grace Gift [free] of eternal life made possible by Christ's Substitutionary Spiritual Death [separation from God the Father for three hours] at Golgotha live out their brief lives on planet earth without personal relationship with God and the prospect of separation from God for eternity.
Back to Top