1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 00:06
    The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat. They weren't to know. Nowadays we can fairly safely assume that there is life on other, distant planets - apart from our own. The bible - for obvious reasons- does not speculate on it, but nor does it rule it out, so there may well be intelligent life out there. If there is, do you think Jesus has visited other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 01:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat. They weren't to know. Nowadays we can fairly safely assume that there is life on other, distant planets - apart from our own. The bible - for obvious reasons- does not speculate on it, but nor does it rule it out, so there may well be intelligent life out there. If th ...[text shortened]... other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?
    Plenty of ufo-nuts have read stuff into the bible. Stuff that relates to ufo-lore today. I actually believe some of it may be true, but please dont start asking me to quote the bible😉
    One example was something about a cloud forming. Not a cloud formation, but a cloud forming right out of nowhere. This is consistent with ufo-lore/ufo sightings.

The fact of the matter is that we are connected with other planets and always have been. Just because we dont believe dont mean it aint there.
    Panspermia is the best explanation I've heard to account for the dramatic evolution of the human species. Some of it is in the bible.

All right-hows that? doubters!! Oh Doubters?? (Gosh , I feel like Robbie Carrobie speaking like this😕 )
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 01:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat. They weren't to know. Nowadays we can fairly safely assume that there is life on other, distant planets - apart from our own. The bible - for obvious reasons- does not speculate on it, but nor does it rule it out, so there may well be intelligent life out there. If th ...[text shortened]... other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?
    Actually, I do not believe that the Bible does say that the earth is flat.

If there is, do you think Jesus has visited other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?

It is a very interesting question. I recall in the psalms that God tells David that he has created many things and it is not his business to know them. We cannot speculate what God does outside of human history.

But since speculation is fun, I will add that in early Patristic theology, the redemption was interpreted as much more than a human event. It was not merely the redemption of man but the re-creation of all the universe. Origen believed that in fact, in order to accomplish this, Christ had to become all things. So he became man as well as angel, thereby being alpha through to omega. I suppose that this might include other, even extra-terrestrial, life as well.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 01:38
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Actually, I do not believe that the Bible does say that the earth is flat.

[b]If there is, do you think Jesus has visited other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?

It is a very interesting question. I recall in the psalms that God tells David that he has created many things and it is not his bu ...[text shortened]... through to omega. I suppose that this might include other, even extra-terrestrial, life as well.[/b]
    ..all of which fits in my framework, I just dont know why christians draw a line with Jesus? Because they are told to?

(I get the basic premise:Jesus is the way, all other ways are incomparable to Jesus' . What about bhudda,krsna,shiva and the like? All have similar stories. )
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    ..all of which fits in my framework, I just dont know why christians draw a line with Jesus? Because they are told to?

(I get the basic premise:Jesus is the way, all other ways are incomparable to Jesus' . What about bhudda,krsna,shiva and the like? All have similar stories. )
    OH, don't know, perhaps it is because we believe he is GOD IN THE FLESH?

So what other enlightened soul who had the integrity of Christ claim to be the Son of God? Did Buddah?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    OH, don't know, perhaps it is because we believe he is GOD IN THE FLESH?

So what other enlightened soul who had the integrity of Christ claim to be the Son of God? Did Buddah?
    bhudda did not claim to be the son of god. Plenty of people residing in mental institutions,amongst others, make that claim. I'd like a bit more proof than that on that one.
    edit: more proof that jesus is the only "son" of god.
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 05:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, if you believe that Jesus is the human incarnation of God, it still doesn't make sense that he'd visit other planets unless they were also inhabited by humans. Now if the inhabitants of other planets looked like the folks in the cantina scene in Star Wars, and God wanted to appear there, then one of these YouTube could be the intergallactic "Jesus."
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 14:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat.
    No, they didn't. At least the little that is said about the earth's construction certainly doesn't lend itself to such a rendering. What makes you think the 40 or so authors of the various books/letters thought as such?

Nowadays we can fairly safely assume that there is life on other, distant planets - apart from our own.
    We can? Let me guess: you just finished up with a 24-hour Contact marathon? There is literally nothing to suggest that life exists on any other planet... unless you count wishful thinking.

If there is, do you think Jesus has visited other planets and carried out ministries there? Or is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?
    There isn't; He didn't; this planet is the stage for the court room drama of the ages.
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 19:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat.
    No, they didn't. At least the little that is said about the earth's construction certainly doesn't lend itself to such a rendering. What makes you think the 40 or so authors of the various books/letters thought as such?

Nowadays we can fairly saf ...[text shortened]... /b]
    There isn't; He didn't; this planet is the stage for the court room drama of the ages.
    One thing that suggests that life exists on other planets is that it's nearly statistically impossible for there to only be life on one planet out of the billions of planets out there.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 19:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    the bible doesn't imply the earth is flat.
    as for the question about the intergalactic jesus, the answer is we don't know and we can't possibly know until we actually meet extra-terrestrials and learn about their religion. although, its possible that they had some jesus of their own.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 12:241 edit
    Does Jesus have anything to do with all the galaxies out there ?

The apostle Paul indicates an expansive and unlimited Christ. He says that the riches of Christ are "unsearchable". He says that the love of Christ is "knowledge surpassing". He says that God in Christ is able to do "super abundantly above all that we ask or think" .

God is not only able to do above what we ask. He is able to do above what we could even think.

"But to Him who is able to do super-abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power which operates in us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever. Amen." (Eph. 3:20,21)

Eternity is forever and ever. And the saints of God have eternal life. Therefore, IMO, it is not unrealistic to assume that in the future God has some use for all that real estate in "outer space".

Isaiah 9:6 says that to the extent of the Son of God's kingdom and peace there shall be no end. Even if poetic, the implication is that Christ's kingdom will extend farther and farther and than we may presently imagine.

God became a man in Jesus Christ. If God became a Martian, I know absolutely nothing about that. I do know that in the Man Christ Jesus, God became a man.

And my belief is that the whole universe was probably made for man that this God incarnated as. I suspect that if the saved travel far and wide throughout the universe, even to distant galaxies, it will be like we are always in one place - in Christ, enjoying Him, experiencing His love which surpasses all knowledge.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 09:13
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]The writers of the bible, through no particular fault of their own, thought the Earth was flat.

Nowadays we can fairly saf ...[text shortened]... /b]
    Is the realm of God/Jesus only planet Earth?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 09:23
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    as for the question about the intergalactic jesus, the answer is we don't know and we can't possibly know until we actually meet extra-terrestrials and learn about their religion. although, its possible that they had some jesus of their own.
    Obviously we don't know. And obviously we can't possibly know until we meet extra-terrestials. My question was, if there is intelligent life out there, do you think Jesus has visited other planets and carried out ministries there?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 02:34
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    One thing that suggests that life exists on other planets is that it's nearly statistically impossible for there to only be life on one planet out of the billions of planets out there.
    ============================================
    ==========================================

I am not sure a statistical statement can really be made about a planet with life upon it.

If you walk along the beach and you look down in the sand and find one diamond, with this sample of one can you make a statistical prediction about how many other diamonds in the sand you will find ?

We only have a sample size of ONE planet with life upon it.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 08:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Only planet earth - and that is even limited to ancient Israel. Let's not stoke the Mormon fires, eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree