1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    12 Feb '09 15:35
    What are we to make of the Katie Couric interview with Captain Sullenberger of the plane that crashed in the Hudson River?

    Couric: "Did you pray?"

    Sullenberger: "No, I had a plane to land."
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    12 Feb '09 17:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What are we to make of the Katie Couric interview with Captain Sullenberger of the plane that crashed in the Hudson River?

    Couric: "Did you pray?"

    Sullenberger: "No, I had a plane to land."
    A good replay.
    Perhaps all other crashing planes had a pilot praing instead of landing safely.

    "God helps those who help themselves." (a quote from whom?)
  3. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    12 Feb '09 17:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A good replay.
    Perhaps all other crashing planes had a pilot praing instead of landing safely.

    "God helps those who help themselves." (a quote from whom?)
    Certainly not God ..🙂

    A more appropriate wording is that "Chance favours the prepared".
    But there are many parts of the bible which tells you to get off your lazy butt and dont wait for God to help.
  4. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    14 Feb '09 00:05
    I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin. Just consider "Romans 1:18-3" ... because the writer of this article declares:

    "I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome out of the storm. Such is Paul's point in Romans 1-8. The storm clouds are blackest, and our outlook bleakest, in the first three chapters of this great letter. All men-and that includes you and me-are justly condemned for our own sin in Romans 1:18-3:20. We are condemned for our sexual perversions, malice, deceit, hostility, envy, murder, folly, disobedience to parents, insolence, arrogance, lust, slander, and gossiping. The bottom line, Paul argues, is that there is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God; together we have turned aside and become debased (cf. 3:9-20). In short, Romans 1:18-3:20 is about the wrath of God justly unleashed against unrepentant sinners who turn their backs on him and his rule, and who prefer instead their own debauchery or self-made righteousness. These chapters depict a storm brewing at the present time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    14 Feb '09 08:481 edit
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin.
    Who are we to judge him, if he is a sinner or not, because of the Hudson River accident?
    He is a pilot and a damn good one too. And we discuss if he is a sinner because he landed the plane instead of praying to god?
    Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing?

    Well, I don't think so. He is a good pilot, and a hero too. And that's enough for me.
    He has a place in heaven. Many christians don't.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86355
    14 Feb '09 09:25
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin. Just consider "Romans 1:18-3" ... because the writer of this article declares:

    "I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome ou ...[text shortened]... t time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"
    If you are free, why does your avatar depict slavery.
  7. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    14 Feb '09 09:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who are we to judge him, if he is a sinner or not, because of the Hudson River accident?
    He is a pilot and a damn good one too. And we discuss if he is a sinner because he landed the plane instead of praying to god?
    Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing ...[text shortened]... nd a hero too. And that's enough for me.
    He has a place in heaven. Many christians don't.
    its not for us to say who gets into heaven. saving your own life with others i doubt that qualifies, but i wait and see
  8. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    14 Feb '09 10:08
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I have just read this article: http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1605 and am now convinced that the Hudson River Pilot was without sin. Just consider "Romans 1:18-3" ... because the writer of this article declares:

    "I will never forget that flight to Dallas. By the grace of God we not only averted certain disaster, but also received a rich welcome ou ...[text shortened]... t time, which itself anticipates a final, catastrophic tempest of the wildest proportions!"
    try to concentrate on the good teachings. , love of the lord
  9. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    14 Feb '09 13:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you are free, why does your avatar depict slavery.
    Who says I am free?
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Feb '09 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    try to concentrate on the good teachings. , love of the lord
    yes yes, ignore the consequences, it will be alright?????
  11. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    14 Feb '09 21:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who are we to judge him, if he is a sinner or not, because of the Hudson River accident?
    He is a pilot and a damn good one too. And we discuss if he is a sinner because he landed the plane instead of praying to god?
    Is the christian religion so low so we demand him to kill all the passanger in order to be a 'good' christian and pary instead of landing ...[text shortened]... nd a hero too. And that's enough for me.
    He has a place in heaven. Many christians don't.
    Where did I judge him?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Feb '09 00:29
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What are we to make of the Katie Couric interview with Captain Sullenberger of the plane that crashed in the Hudson River?

    Couric: "Did you pray?"

    Sullenberger: "No, I had a plane to land."
    Try asking the passengers on board if they were praying. 😉
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86355
    15 Feb '09 00:37
    Originally posted by Sushill
    Who says I am free?
    Then you are a slave... to what?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    15 Feb '09 00:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Try asking the passengers on board if they were praying. 😉
    The only interview I have heard of a passenger was with Howard Stern who asked her if she thought about having sex one last time before she died. I wish the media had more good interviews like that one.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Feb '09 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The only interview I have heard of a passenger was with Howard Stern who asked her if she thought about having sex one last time before she died. I wish the media had more good interviews like that one.
    I guess we need to give the masses what they crave and he seems to fit the bill. I just wonder if he is so preoccupied with sex or if he is just selling soap.
Back to Top