1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Hang on. Scribbles says all atheism is equivalent, so how can I be a Freak, Geek, Streak, Creek, Creak, Greek, Beak, Reek, Meek, Tweak and Peak atheist without being Bleak?

Does this also mean there cannot be a Unique Atheist if th ...[text shortened]... s equivalent to Mystique, Critique, Chic, Squeak and Leak atheism?
    There is one exception to the nearly universal equivalence of atheisms: the Oblique Atheist, whose stated beliefs are so unclear that it is not decidable whether he is just like the others. Ms. Jackson may be an Oblique Atheist.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Apr '05 16:34
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Hang on. Scribbles says all atheism is equivalent, so how can I be a Freak, Geek, Streak, Creek, Creak, Greek, Beak, Reek, Meek, Tweak and Peak atheist without being Bleak?

Does this also mean there cannot be a Unique Atheist if there exists a Bleak or Meek atheist, since there can only be one Unique atheist, but Unique atheism is equivalent to Mystique, Critique, Chic, Squeak and Leak atheism?
    You are correct that there exists no Unique Atheist. There is simply no evidence to suggest that one does exist.

This is the position known as Weak Unique Atheism.
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    02 May '05 00:34
    What about Teak atheism?
    I've got a nice little teak coffee table that can hold the most magnificent coffee table books on it.
    Come to think of it, you could have Chic atheism too I suppose - atheism for the beautiful people ...
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    02 May '05 03:112 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    What about Teak atheism?
    I've got a nice little teak coffee table that can hold the most magnificent coffee table books on it.
    Come to think of it, you could have Chic atheism too I suppose - atheism for the beautiful people ...
    If we ignore HHGTTG, mice have no concept of God, giving Squeek Atheism.
    Aside to RC: You said "squeak atheism" which is that which a hinge feels whilst lacking the Holy Oil. And it was Old Satch that put dem dino bones in de cold cold ground.
  5. Meddling with things
    Moves
    02 May '05 07:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Bleak Atheism is the position on God's existence that says that the world is so painful, hopeless and bleak that it could not possibly be a perfect being's creation, nor would it continue to exist in its rut if it were truly in the care of a perfect overseer.

State whether you are a Bleak Atheist.
    State what bearing the General Argument from Ev ...[text shortened]... nships you find between Bleak Atheism and its bretheren Strong, Weak, and Meek Atheism.

Dr. S
    Do i have to justify Atheism based on the nature of god. Oxymoron. Its a bit like asking whether someone is a christian because islam is rubbish
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    03 May '05 16:35
    You are correct that there exists no Unique Atheist. There is simply no evidence to suggest that one does exist.

While there may be little evidence for Unique atheists, but there is surely some for Clique atheists, who jealously guard their own favoured sub-genres.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 May '05 16:43

Isn't it Weak a-(unique atheism)?
  8. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    03 May '05 16:47
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    While there may be little evidence for Unique atheists, but there is surely some for Clique atheists, who jealously guard their own favoured sub-genres.
    It's high school all over again. The Chic Atheists and the Boutique Atheists band together to harass the Geek Atheists, who are somewhat persectued but too busy to care. The whole scene is watched by the Freak Atheists, who pass a spliff around and laugh at it all.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 May '05 16:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Isn't it Weak a-(unique atheism)?
    It is also known by that name, yes. I gave the conventionally used shorter version, much like Atheism is conventionally used to denote Weak Atheism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree