1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    11 Oct '11 21:181 edit
    Yes?

    Then explain Jesus.
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Oct '11 00:13
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yes?

    Then explain Jesus.
    God became a man.

    No. God didn't have intercourse with Mary. Mary was a virgin when Jesus was born.

    So how did it happen you ask? Don't ask. No one but God knows exactly how Mary became pregnant without the use of a man. If you read the account you will see the language used to describe the event. That's all you're going to get.

    Now start believing. 🙂
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    13 Oct '11 00:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    God became a man.

    No. God didn't have intercourse with Mary. Mary was a virgin when Jesus was born.

    So how did it happen you ask? Don't ask. No one but God knows exactly how Mary became pregnant without the use of a man. If you read the account you will see the language used to describe the event. That's all you're going to get.

    Now start believing. 🙂
    If God became a man then God was on earth? Who was watching over heaven?
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    13 Oct '11 00:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    God became a man.

    No. God didn't have intercourse with Mary. Mary was a virgin when Jesus was born.

    So how did it happen you ask? Don't ask. No one but God knows exactly how Mary became pregnant without the use of a man. If you read the account you will see the language used to describe the event. That's all you're going to get.

    Now start believing. 🙂
    Don't mind me. I'm just facetiously showing that abstinence isn't 100% effective assuming the event of Jesus' birth as it states in the bible is true.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Oct '11 00:221 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Don't mind me. I'm just facetiously showing that abstinence isn't 100% effective assuming the event of Jesus' birth as it states in the bible is true.
    That seems logical. 😉

    But it was the only occurrence.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Oct '11 00:24
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If God became a man then God was on earth? Who was watching over heaven?
    Uncle Bob.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    13 Oct '11 05:46
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yes?

    Then explain Jesus.
    Abstinence is absolutely pointless - if one does not have true knowledge and does not engage in spiritual living.

    However when engaged in true spiritual living and embracing true knowledge - then abstinence is a definite requirement if the student wants to advance in developing love for God.

    Love for God will not develop if one does not follow the 4 pillars of religion - in which abstinence is a requirement.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Oct '11 07:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    But it was the only occurrence.
    How do you know? Does it say so in the Bible?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91540
    13 Oct '11 09:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    That seems logical. 😉

    But it was the only occurrence.
    Some books claim that some Buddha was born "on his feet",ie. He came out of the womb , standing with one finger pointing to the sky. (It presents a difficult visual for me)
    Now while I do like a lot of buddhists philosophy and morals,etc. you just cant swallow everything hook,line and sinker.

    I like the parts of buddhism(and other religons) where it tells of the things which are common to us, not in which ways we stand out, (or above), the rest.
  10. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    13 Oct '11 09:35
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yes?

    Then explain Jesus.
    if your question is to jesus why ask us
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91540
    13 Oct '11 09:42
    Originally posted by stoker
    if your question is to jesus why ask us
    He hasn't been answering questions lately- apparently his hardcore penance in his box-like sattelite is not over yet and therefor he hasn't time for questions and prayers ...
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    13 Oct '11 17:26
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Don't mind me. I'm just facetiously showing that abstinence isn't 100% effective assuming the event of Jesus' birth as it states in the bible is true.
    Yeah, but I'm thinking we're not going to be seeing another Immaculate Conception anytime soon.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    13 Oct '11 18:11
    As daft as this thread is.

    Ill bite and make the serious point that abstinence only education programs are a spectacular and
    unmitigated failure around the world wherever and whenever they have been tried.

    Abstinence works right up to the point where people start having sex.
    Which almost everyone does.
    So the only practical, logical, sensible, moral thing to do is to teach people how to have safe sex.

    Abstinence fails because the majority of people will not abstain and frankly why should they.

    Sex is perfectly natural and healthy (in moderation and with good judgement like everything else)
    and it is also a hard-wired biological evolutionary drive.
    People are going to have sex, and it's much better for everyone for it to be safe sex.

    Also the reason people promote abstinence only is because they have a religious hangup about sex.
    And that isn't a good reason to force your religious view on everyone else.

    If you want to employ abstinence only on your self, go right ahead.
    Just stop trying to teach everyone else that it's the only, or most effective, or correct, method of birth control
    and STD prevention.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    13 Oct '11 18:21
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    As daft as this thread is.

    Ill bite and make the serious point that abstinence only education programs are a spectacular and
    unmitigated failure around the world wherever and whenever they have been tried.

    Abstinence works right up to the point where people start having sex.
    Which almost everyone does.
    So the only practical, logical, sensible, ...[text shortened]... at it's the only, or most effective, or correct, method of birth control
    and STD prevention.
    It may be daft but this thread has one of the most diverse poster population per post in the spiritual forum.

    Only 13(not including this post) posts and 8 different poster identities.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    13 Oct '11 18:33
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yes?

    Then explain Jesus.
    Significant digits.
Back to Top