1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:181 edit
    @pb1022 said
    Did the Apostle John, who wrote the Gospel of John, not see the Resurrected Christ and write about his encounters with Him?

Did the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, not have an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus?

Darwin said for his theory to be correct, the number of intermediate varieties (transitional forms) in the fossil r ...[text shortened]... do exist are in dispute?

How to explain the Cambrian explosion and lack of pre-Cambrian fossils?
    1 & 2. Neither you nor I can answer these questions with any level of certainty. You have a pair of somewhat dubious sources relating a tale of miraculous events. It's not exactly a peer-reviewed slam-dunk, is it?

There are many transitional forms in the fossil record.

There certainly appears to be something about the Cambrian explosion which we don't understand. I've never yet met a paleontologist who disputed this point. If you think that that particular gap is sufficient for you to dispense with the entire discipline and evolutionary theory to boot, then you may of course feel free to do so, but I do not think you will find much in the way of truth in the company in which you will find yourself.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:281 edit
    @pb1022 said
    Impossible to verify at this remove? Is all ancient history therefore suspect?
    In the study of ancient history, some sources carry more weight than others. Tales of gods, miracles and monsters tend to be viewed with a good deal of justifiable scepticism. Hesiod and Herodotus, for instance, should not generally be taken as purveyors of literal facts. Thucydides, on the other hand, can be viewed more favourably. Scripture is not really considered to be particularly useful source material, although there are no doubt some useful insights to be gained.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:41
    <<There are many transitional forms in the fossil record.>>

What is the number, though? Evolutionists never answer this question, never provide a specific number.

You would think with transitional fossils being the only evidence for macroevolution, there would be a concrete number attached to them.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:454 edits
    @avalanchethecat

You have a pair of somewhat dubious sources relating a tale of miraculous events. It's not exactly a peer-reviewed slam-dunk, is it?

In your next post could you give your opinion about what it was that caused thousands of Jerusalem JEWS to break with centuries of tradition to within weeks of the execution of Jesus, regard another day of the week more sacred than the seventh day Sabbath?

What do you think made thousands of Jews in Jerusalem say in essence -

" We know that over a thousand years we have regarded the seventh day Sabbath as most holy to God. But now there is this next day, the first day of the week we designate as "the Lord's day" in which something momentously significant happened. Jesus of Nazareth proved something about Himself to us."

I know you do not believe in the resurrection of Christ. Tell me what is your alternative explanation of these Jews in the city where Jesus was executed suddenly having this dramatic change in mass. Be specific please and don't just point to some other belief.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:49
    @pb1022 said
    <<There are many transitional forms in the fossil record.>>

What is the number, though? Evolutionists never answer this question, never provide a specific number.

You would think with transitional fossils being the only evidence for macroevolution, there would be a concrete number attached to them.
    Anybody who did give you a specific answer to this question would be talking out of their hat. It's a silly question.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:53
    @avalanchethecat

It is such a comfort to dodge the question isn't it?
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:54
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

You have a pair of somewhat dubious sources relating a tale of miraculous events. It's not exactly a peer-reviewed slam-dunk, is it?

In your next post could you give your opinion about what it was that caused thousands of Jerusalem JEWS to break with centuries of tradition to within weeks of the execution of Jesus, regard another d ...[text shortened]... g this dramatic change in mass. Be specific please and don't just point to some other belief.
    " In your next post could you give your opinion about what it was that caused thousands of Jerusalem JEWS to break with centuries of tradition to within weeks of the execution of Jesus, regard another day of the week more sacred than the seventh day Sabbath?"

If you can provide convincing evidence that this actually happened, then I'll give you an opinion.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:56
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

It is such a comfort to dodge the question isn't it?
    How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Give me a specific number now...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 12:581 edit
    This was left blank because of a technical problem.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 13:011 edit
    @avalanchethecat

No it is not about angels dancing on a pin, It is about HISTORY.

And you have no alternative conspiracy theory even to explain something about
    the history of Jews in Jerusalem by the thousands having this sudden change.

The first Christians were Jews by the thousands in the city of Jerusalem.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 13:06
    @sonship

"It is such a comfort to dodge the question isn't it?"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 13:07
    @avalanchethecat said
    Anybody who did give you a specific answer to this question would be talking out of their hat. It's a silly question.
    Why is it silly? Because none of the alleged transitional fossils are for certain? Then what makes them transitional fossils?

Can you even give a range on the number? More than a dozen? More than 100? Can you cite a source for the range?

The fact is, the number is not “truly enormous” as Darwin said it would have to be for his theory to be true. Nowhere close.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 13:113 edits
    @avalanchethecat

Where and when did this dancing take place ?
    No dodge,
    I think that is called a category error fallacy.

You're not cute trying to extend that dilemma over the historical occurrence of the sudden shift in behavior of first century Jews in the city where weeks previous Jesus had been executed.

All I asked for was a plausible alternative theory as to what caused them to change.
    Move from category error to give now your at least plausible historical explanation.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 14:28
    @pb1022 said
    Why is it silly? Because none of the alleged transitional fossils are for certain? Then what makes them transitional fossils?

Can you even give a range on the number? More than a dozen? More than 100? Can you cite a source for the range?

The fact is, the number is not “truly enormous” as Darwin said it would have to be for his theory to be true. Nowhere close.
    Darwin took a gradualist view of evolution. This is generally considered to be an incomplete view nowadays, ignoring as it does the concept of 'punctuated equilibrium' championed by Gould and others. Of course, evolution viewed through this lens is much more difficult to wave away with a simplistic question, so tends to find little purchase with those who favour the easy certainties offered by religion over the vague, complex answers offered by science.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 14:341 edit
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

Where and when did this dancing take place ?
    No dodge,
    I think that is called a category error fallacy.

You're not cute trying to extend that dilemma over the historical occurrence of the sudden shift in behavior of first century Jews in the city where weeks previous Jesus had been executed.

All I asked for was a plausible alternat ...[text shortened]... em to change.
    Move from category error to give now your at least plausible historical explanation.
    Category error fallacy? Not at all. You claimed that "thousands of Jerusalem JEWS ...[broke]... with centuries of tradition ... within weeks of the execution of Jesus", and that's not something you can demonstrate actually happened.

Regarding the 'sudden' shift in behaviour of first century Jews in the city where etc etc, well, historically, there was a great deal of turmoil and change in the area during that period. It is not at all surprising to see the development of a new, anti-authoritarian form of religion supplanting the entrenched and established forms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree