Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How is that any different than saying without Muhammed receiving his divine revelations Islam wouldn't have gotten off the ground?
Because a great deal of evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Can the same be said for the “divine revelations” of Muhammed?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A ton of evidence?

You mean the Bible, hey?
Some of the evidence is from the Holy Bible. But you realize the Bible isn’t one book, right? It’s 66 books. So if a book were not included in the Bible, does that suddenly give it more credibility?

If you’re interested in evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, just Google “15 Logical Reasons to Believe the Resurrection,” champ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Paul was a man who existed a long time ago who believed certain things about a particular god (of which history and geography have tendered a great many.) How does that carry any gravitas or indeed any more significance than any other person from history advocating for the existence of a different deity?
Paul had an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus that radically changed him - from being one of the worst persecutors of early Christians to being one of Christianity’s greatest advocates and defenders and the author of most of the New Testament.

Paul suffered beatings, imprisonment and risked his life more than once for a faith he had condemned and enthusiastically persecuted before his encounter with the Resurrected Christ.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Because a great deal of evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Can the same be said for the “divine revelations” of Muhammed?
My point was that the ongoing existence of Christianity doesn't validate the resurrection as an actual occurrence any more than the ongoing existence of Islam doesn't validate Muhammed's divine inspirations as true.

All you have is faith. Be content with that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21
7 edits

PB1022,

Many times I have been told that all Christians have is faith. This sounds like we are poor and to perhaps be pitied. Only poor faith in this Son of God? How sorrowful.

I do not only have faith. I have a FAITHFUL Person Christ. On my side my faith means nothing if God is not FAITHFUL. I need not the world to pity me and say "You poor one. All you have is this useless faith. We have __________". I am not sure what they have when it comes to the THE most critical matters of human life like where we come from, why we are here, and what is our destiny.

They may say "We have something better than your poor faith." Why, in the modern world we know that there are nine planets. Well, that is there are eight. Well, there are perhaps eight. And we are pretty sure we know that there are tectonic plates. And we think we know that there are radio waves. And we are pretty sure there are cancer cells. And we know there is cell division, reproduction, black holes, electrons, Higgs field, magnetism, 48 elements, the speed of light. We think we know these things. At least we know them until we get some correction in our understanding maybe by some future scientist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21
2 edits

" What then is this poor. pitiful little useless "faith" you have?"

But ask them if they know where we came from?
Ask them if they know why their heart beats and they breath and are alive and are here in the universe.
Ask them if they know if there is a meaning to their life.
Ask them if they know what they are doing is what ought to be what is to be done.
Ask them if they know if they are forgiven or that there will be final justice.
Ask them if they know if they will or will not give an account to an ultimate judge
and determiner of truth.

My faith is one side of the matter. The critical other side of the matter is that there is One Who is FAITHFUL. And the big questions of life this faithful God we know. You have seen His resume. Look how trustworthy He is.

Allow me to finish this little post with a passage about this faith which the world looks down upon in pity for us compared to what they know (today at least).

"But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature
will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom. 8:37-38)

So we can have peace in our heart. But if we didn't know this, no matter what ELSE we know we could never have that peace with God and with ourselves.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My point was that the ongoing existence of Christianity doesn't validate the resurrection as an actual occurrence any more than the ongoing existence of Islam doesn't validate Muhammed's divine inspirations as true.

There is much more evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ than Christianity getting off the ground and surviving (and prospering) for 2,000 years.

My point was that if Jesus Christ had not been Resurrected, Christianity wouldn’t exist.

After His crucifixion, the disciples were hiding out in fear of the Pharisees. Only after they saw the Resurrected Christ did His disciples become emboldened in preaching His Name and forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Him.

Only after an encounter with the Resurrected Christ did Paul go from persecuting Christians to becoming a Christian and suffering for Christ (and writing most of the New Testament!)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
There is much more evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ than Christianity getting off the ground and surviving (and prospering) for 2,000 years.
No there isn't.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

I believe it to be a historical fact and true no matter how we approach it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No there isn't.
Yeah, there is, champ.

Google “15 Logical Reasons to Believe the Resurrection” if you’re genuinely interested in *some* of the evidence.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Yeah, there is, champ.

Google “15 Logical Reasons to Believe the Resurrection” if you’re genuinely interested in *some* of the evidence.
Or you could Google 'How we evolved as a species.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Nov 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Or you could Google 'How we evolved as a species.'
I’m not interested in evolution because I know there’s very little evidence for macroevolution and a great deal of evidence against it.

No one has seen one species change into another species nor has it been demonstrated by experiment.

People saw the Resurrected Christ.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Nov 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I’m not interested in evolution because I know there’s very little evidence for macroevolution and a great deal of evidence against it.

No one has seen one species change into another species nor has it been demonstrated by experiment.

People saw the Resurrected Christ.
Well, that's not strictly true. There are some books written by some people who allege that some other people saw the 'resurrrected' Christ.

The process of speciation is observable in the fossil record, which is a lot more credible than the writings of some people whose identities, credentials and motivations are all subject to question and impossible to verify at this remove. 'Champ'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
Well, that's not strictly true. There are some books written by some people who allege that some other people saw the 'resurrrected' Christ.

The process of speciation is observable in the fossil record, which is a lot more credible than the writings of some people whose identities, credentials and motivations are all subject to question and impossible to verify at this remove. 'Champ'.
Did the Apostle John, who wrote the Gospel of John, not see the Resurrected Christ and write about his encounters with Him?

Did the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, not have an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus?

Darwin said for his theory to be correct, the number of intermediate varieties (transitional forms) in the fossil record would have to be “truly enormous.” Are they? Aren’t there practically no transitional fossils and those that do exist are in dispute?

How to explain the Cambrian explosion and lack of pre-Cambrian fossils?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Nov 21

<<The process of speciation is observable in the fossil record, which is a lot more credible than the writings of some people whose identities, credentials and motivations are all subject to question and impossible to verify at this remove.>>

Impossible to verify at this remove? Is all ancient history therefore suspect?

And how many transitional fossils are there? No evolutionist seems able to answer this question.