1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:40
    Each time I post on this forum I get the impression that some people might be feeling intimidated by Christianity. Is this the case? If so, why? Are the Christians putting you off? Please share your views.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Each time I post on this forum I get the impression that some people might be feeling intimidated by Christianity. Is this the case? If so, why? Are the Christians putting you off? Please share your views.
    I find that some posts and posters attempt to intimidate, but I have not been intimidated by them, for reason serves as a wonderful helmet and shield against such posturing.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:47
    Not me. I'm only intimidated by real-life people. Not fake internet ones.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I find that some posts and posters attempt to intimidate, but I have not been intimidated by them, for reason serves as a wonderful helmet and shield against such posturing.
    I'd also like to add that as part of the Wolfpack, I rest confident that my fellow Wolves will come to my aid in the face of any actual danger, so intimidation of any of us is quite futile.

Wolfpack represent! Hooooooowwwwwwwwwwl!
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:57
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'd also like to add that as part of the Wolfpack, I rest confident that my fellow Wolves will come to my aid in the face of any actual danger, so intimidation of any of us is quite futile.

Wolfpack represent! Hooooooowwwwwwwwwwl!
    H to the izzowl, dawg.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:221 edit
    I don't feel intimitated by any of the Christian posters at all, not even those who tell me I will go to hell.

I think this "feeling intimitated" has to do with the present political situation in the States where a militant form of controversial Christian fundamentalism is trying to gain more political power, in fact they are trying to gain the political upperhand. Hence the fervent and sometimes intense agressive reactions to some of these fundies's statements. What we are witnessing here at RHP on the "Spirituality" forum in the relevant threads is in fact a political fight, disguised as a spiritual one. We have seen this happening in history before as we hopefully are all aware of.
    Certain threads are the meeting places, the battlefields so to speak, of the fundie "cornerworkers" and other streetfighters who adhere to different, maybe also "fundie", ideologies.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:25
    I'm not intimidated.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:29
    I don't think intimidation is the word. But many are frustrated by the black & white no compromise approach that some of the hard line Christians take.

Many of the posters on both sides appear to be highly intelligent, but, stubborn know it all asses at the same time. I am one of these myself. Regardless one sides attempt to reason and question is met with dogma and scripture rather than analysis, thoughts, feelings and open discussion. Hence we have tension and anamosity.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:37
    Is intimidated a euphenism for LMAO @ the nonsense that "Christians" post in these forums ?
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:44
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I don't think intimidation is the word. But many are frustrated by the black & white no compromise approach that some of the hard line Christians take.

Many of the posters on both sides appear to be highly intelligent, but, stubborn know it all asses at the same time. I am one of these myself. Regardless one sides attempt to reason and question ...[text shortened]... her than analysis, thoughts, feelings and open discussion. Hence we have tension and anamosity.
    Dogma and Scripture? I do not present only Dogma and Scripture when I debate. Scripture, of course, should be the final authority on all matters, but I tend to debate including my own opinions and outside facts.

Why do you say Christians lack reason? When did reason become synonymous with science? Reason is the ability to look logically at the evidence, correct? I feel I am always reasonable, then.
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:09
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Dogma and Scripture? I do not present only Dogma and Scripture when I debate. Scripture, of course, should be the final authority on all matters, but I tend to debate including my own opinions and outside facts.

Why do you say Christians lack reason? When did reason become synonymous with science? Reason is the ability to look logically at the evidence, correct? I feel I am always reasonable, then.
    Darfius, that's fine, we all feel that we are being reasonable in our arguements. I will say that for the most part you're consistent in your approach. Despite this you often take what I'd term a very hard line, no give and take, no compromise approach to discussion. This is what some people react to negatively and what I would say is not an inability to reason but possibly an unwillingness to.

Question for you, would you consider me a Christian?
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:10
    I'm intimidated by people like bbar and rwingett who's intellect and debating skills are in excess of my own, but as of yet, I have not met a christian representative who intimidates me.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:22
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'm intimidated by people like bbar and rwingett who's intellect and debating skills are in excess of my own, but as of yet, I have not met a christian representative who intimidates me.
    I believe becker was referring to Christianity itself, rather than its representatives, as I do not find him to be arrogant.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:25
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Darfius, that's fine, we all feel that we are being reasonable in our arguements. I will say that for the most part you're consistent in your approach. Despite this you often take what I'd term a very hard line, no give and take, no compromise approach to discussion. This is what some people react to negatively and what I would say is not an ina ...[text shortened]... ason but possibly an unwillingness to.

Question for you, would you consider me a Christian?
    Not everything requires give and take. For instance, is not murder always wrong?

The idea that there SHOULD be give and take is a product of modern day deterioration of morals. For instance, turn on the news and tell me whether or not there has been a murder today, or rapes, or theft, or drug usage.

Do you believe Jesus Christ should run your life through the Holy Spirit and that He rose from the dead literally after dying for your sins?
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:26
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Ditto

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree