Is Christianity intimidating?

Is Christianity intimidating?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by Starrman
I'm intimidated by people like bbar and rwingett who's intellect and debating skills are in excess of my own, but as of yet, I have not met a christian representative who intimidates me.

I did have some very interesting discussions with the two gentlemen about this issue called "muscle-rolling" ......... 😉 😀

S

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

I did have some very interesting discussions with the two gentlemen about this issue called "muscle-rolling" ......... 😉 😀
I would have very much liked to be privvy to that discussion 🙂

To Darfius: The original question was phrased in such a way as to suggest that people supporting Christianity were the reason. As to Christianity itself, I do not find it intimidating. Interesting, amusing and slightly worrying, but not intimidating.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Not everything requires give and take. For instance, is not murder always wrong?

The idea that there SHOULD be give and take is a product of modern day deterioration of morals. For instance, turn on the news and tell me whether or not there has been a murder today, or rapes, or theft, or drug usage.

Do you believe Jesus Christ should run your life through the Holy Spirit and that He rose from the dead literally after dying for your sins?
That depends. How do you define murder? Killing humans is not always wrong.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Mar 05

Not everything requires give and take. For instance, is not murder always wrong?

The idea that there SHOULD be give and take is a product of modern day deterioration of morals. For instance, turn on the news and tell me whether or not there has been a murder today, or rapes, or theft, or drug usage.

Do you believe Jesus Christ should run your life through the Holy Spirit and that He rose from the dead literally after dying for your sins?
You have said putting children to the sword at Jehricho and Ai wasn't murder because they would have grown up like their parents. have you not?

The Apologist

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
That depends. How do you define murder? Killing humans is not always wrong.
I define murder as a pre-meditated act of ending another person's life.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Mar 05

Don't you think you have a problem reconciling your past posts with this one?

d

Moves
17 Mar 05

I guess suicide isn't murder to you anymore then. 🙄

The Apologist

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Don't you think you have a problem reconciling your past posts with this one?
How so?

The Apologist

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by darvlay
I guess suicide isn't murder to you anymore then. 🙄

I guess I should have said "someone's" rather than another. Feel free to chew me out for editing.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Mar 05

How so?
jeez, if you can't see that,,there really is no hope for you.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
17 Mar 05
1 edit

The idea that there SHOULD be give and take is a product of modern day deterioration of morals. For instance, turn on the news and tell me whether or no ...[text shortened]... nd that He rose from the dead literally after dying for your sins?
I don't agree that there are no gray areas in life. This doesn't seem like a reasonable statement to make. There are few absolutes, especially where humans are involved. Morals and ethics are malleable in varying circumstances. I'd feel little remorse about snuffing the life out of another person in the defense of myself or my family and I believe in swift capital punishment for heinous crimes.

As far as being a Christian goes, I live my life as it is committed to God through Jesus Christ, and, therefore, Christ lives within me. If Christ lives within me, my decisions must reflect his precense. I believe that I have a much looser interpretation of Christianity and how we are supposed to live our lives than you do. This doesn't make me wrong though.

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Each time I post on this forum I get the impression that some people might be feeling intimidated by Christianity. Is this the case? If so, why? Are the Christians putting you off? Please share your views.
I can deal with 'intimidating' Christians, since they don't usually go around beheading people like the 'intimidating' radical Islamists...😉

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
I can deal with 'intimidating' Christians, since they don't usually go around beheading people like the 'intimidating' radical Islamists...😉
LOL

Oh, but they would, I assure you, if given a proper Governer who permitted or encouraged it, somebody like, oh, say, Constantine.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
LOL

Oh, but they would, I assure you, if given a proper Governer who permitted or encouraged it, somebody like, oh, say, Constantine.
Or John Calvin

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
17 Mar 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
LOL

😉...I mean in real time....today....2005...LOL....😛