1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 08:24
    Is anyone here interested in finding out if Christianity is true? Please, this isn't another attack thread, I'm truly curious if anyone is just interested in the truth, no matter the ramifications.
  2. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36061
    22 Apr '05 08:28
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is anyone here interested in finding out if Christianity is true? Please, this isn't another attack thread, I'm truly curious if anyone is just interested in the truth, no matter the ramifications.
    What do you mean by "Christianity"? And what do you mean by "true"? Does your question presuppose that there may be other true religions than Christianity?
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 08:30
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    What do you mean by "Christianity"? And what do you mean by "true"? Does your question presuppose that there may be other true religions than Christianity?
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    No.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    22 Apr '05 08:43
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is anyone here interested in finding out if Christianity is true? Please, this isn't another attack thread, I'm truly curious if anyone is just interested in the truth, no matter the ramifications.
    Nice to see you back again, been on holiday?

    Yes I am interested, how do you plan to proceed?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 09:08
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Nice to see you back again, been on holiday?

    Yes I am interested, how do you plan to proceed?
    Thanks, Starr, you too. No, I have finals soon. Then holiday. 🙂

    I'm glad to hear you're interested. I will continue tomorrow, I'm off to bed as I have to get up early. Don't worry, I'll get to it first thing.
  6. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36061
    22 Apr '05 09:55
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    No.
    What does "only way" mean? How does one get on this way? How does one recognise it?

    What is Heaven? What are its characteristics?

    If "No" is the answer to my third question, then perhaps you should've asked "Is only Christianity true?"
  7. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    22 Apr '05 13:36
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    Is Jesus the only way to Heaven.
    No.
    "No"

    If you are already prejudged against any other outcome but the one you want, what's the point?
  8. Joined
    25 Feb '05
    Moves
    17507
    22 Apr '05 13:43
    Out of curiosity - why are you interested in Christianity and not other religions? Do you intend to follow a religion? Why? You can be atheist or a believer but non-subscriber (like I am in RHP!).

    Find your own path and don’t listen to people who try and sell you things - ESPECIALLY religion. Ask them "er..why do you believe that?" and if they say "because it's written..." then politely say goodbye.

    Search for the truth, but question what you find.
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 17:39
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    What does "only way" mean? How does one get on this way? How does one recognise it?

    What is Heaven? What are its characteristics?

    If "No" is the answer to my third question, then perhaps you should've asked "Is only Christianity true?"
    Only way means there is no other way on earth to go to Heaven when you die except through Christ Jesus.

    One gets on this way by asking Christ into their lives in humility and believing He died for their sins and rose again.

    One recognizes it by a change in their lives and a security in knowing you are saved from your self-induced path to Hell through sin.

    Heaven is where God is.

    Since Heaven is where God is, it is pure happiness, love and eternal life with none of the opposites of those.

    Yes, you are correct. Is only Christianity true?
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    22 Apr '05 17:41
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Is anyone here interested in finding out if Christianity is true? Please, this isn't another attack thread, I'm truly curious if anyone is just interested in the truth, no matter the ramifications.
    Cool, are you going to establish that Christianity is true? Yippie! Let's begin with your first premise...
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 17:42
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Nice to see you back again, been on holiday?

    Yes I am interested, how do you plan to proceed?
    I'd like to know what you think of this quote, Starr. Please bear with me, it's a Bible verse, but I promise not to be circular. 🙂

    1st Corinthians 1:20-25 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 17:44
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Cool, are you going to establish that Christianity is true? Yippie! Let's begin with your first premise...
    I'm afraid I will have to use more than logic in this thread, Bennett. 🙂

    That may turn you off, my friend, but I'm afraid it's necessary. Hope you're still interested in participating. And I don't know if I will 'establish' Christianity's veracity, as that final step is for God to do if He wills, but I hope to make it appear so. 🙂
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    22 Apr '05 17:58
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I'm afraid I will have to use more than logic in this thread, Bennett. 🙂

    That may turn you off, my friend, but I'm afraid it's necessary. Hope you're still interested in participating. And I don't know if I will 'establish' Christianity's veracity, as that final step is for God to do if He wills, but I hope to make it appear so. 🙂
    Are you going to use anything besides Biblical quotes that merely restate the theological philosophy of the author like the one from 1 Corinthians you gave?
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Joined
    22 Dec '04
    Moves
    41172
    22 Apr '05 18:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are you going to use anything besides Biblical quotes that merely restate the theological philosophy of the author like the one from 1 Corinthians you gave?
    Would you humor me and think of God as the author of the Bible, no1? Just for the purposes of the thread? Don't worry, I don't think pretending gets you in danger of getting theist juice on you. 😉
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    22 Apr '05 18:16
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Would you humor me and think of God as the author of the Bible, no1? Just for the purposes of the thread? Don't worry, I don't think pretending gets you in danger of getting theist juice on you. 😉
    If I accept that God is the author of the Bible then, of course, Christianity is true. If that's all you're trying to prove then you win. The question is really can you logically prove that God is the author of the Bible? And secondly, as I presume you are talking about your fundamentalist cult brand of Christianity and not say, the Christianity that the Roman Catholic Church or Unitarians believe in, you'd have to prove why your brand is more correct. Good luck; you've been trying to do both for months now with a noticeable lack of success. I believe your problem is A) You're not all that knowledgeable about other branches of Christianity itself; and B) You cannot admit the possibility of error in the smallest degree in anything you assert as part of your doctrine.But it's a free forum; knock yourself out.
Back to Top