1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 18:48
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Why would you need to know whether "my grace"* is the same as yours?

* Not even sure what that means. I presume you meant whether my state of soul is the same as yours.
    Your definition of the word "grace" is what I meant.
  2. London
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 19:02
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Your definition of the word "grace" is what I meant.
    Oh that.

1997 Grace is a participation in the life of God. It introduces us into the intimacy of Trinitarian life: by Baptism the Christian participates in the grace of Christ, the Head of his Body. As an "adopted son" he can henceforth call God "Father," in union with the only Son. He receives the life of the Spirit who breathes charity into him and who forms the Church.

2000 Sanctifying grace is an habitual gift, a stable and supernatural disposition that perfects the soul itself to enable it to live with God, to act by his love. Habitual grace, the permanent disposition to live and act in keeping with God's call, is distinguished from actual graces which refer to God's interventions, whether at the beginning of conversion or in the course of the work of sanctification.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 19:04
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Oh that.

1997 Grace is a participation in the life of God.
    Sheer poetry.
  4. London
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 19:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Sheer poetry.
    Is that a compliment or a criticism?
  5. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 19:10
    lots of reasons its the only valid real deal. just a few. Jesus is the only one who rose from the dead. All others died and stayed dead. The changed life. Its the only religion that has fortold and forfilled countless prophecies to events hundreds of years before they happened to the exact T. the odds of that alone are mathematically impossible. You can research regular old journalist that were around at the time and their eye witness accounts of the events are basically the same as the gospels. Over the years archeologist digs around the world keep proving bible facts. They use the bible as a guide to look for things, and they find them. The fact that alot of smart atheist have dove in to disprove the bible and end up flipping over. If you read it it proves itself. Im not a blind faith person, but the evidence is overwhelming. the other so called religions regular men just made up. Some dont even give you a choice. " follow us or will chop of your head!"They died and they neither fortold or forfilled any prophecies. Some made up some, but of course they were never forfilled. There is alot of proofs to the facts on the resurrection also. One of the biggest is that after the resurrection the followers that were scared and werent sure Jesus was really God stood up and suffered very painfull deaths. They would have stayed under their beds and hid if they didnt lay their eyes on him and without a doubt know the truth. I was the same at one time as most who debate this subject with absolutly no research. It usually makes people not look so smart. Could you imagine not going to medical school, but trying to tell your Dr. all you know about the medical field. The doctors would just shake their heads. He gave everone free will to make their own choice. People just dont like to here the cold hard facts that they could go to hell. I know its a bummer. You can believe what you want, You just better hope that even with the overwhelming evidence its not true if you choose not to follow.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 07:06
    Originally posted by stamman2
    Im not a blind faith person, but the evidence is overwhelming.
    The evidence is overwhelming that you are a blind faith person.

Would you be interested in knowing why most of your post is nonsense / lies / propaganda?
    Do you honestly believe what you said, or are you simply repeating what your pastor told you to say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree