1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 22:17
    Imagine a Hindu boy being killed by a herd of elephants running through the village, and he arrives for Judgement in front of God. Can you imagine God telling this child that he's very sorry, but only Christians are allowed into Heaven, and he must go to Hell because that's the rules.
    The Dali Lama drops dead, and he to arrives for Judgement, and God tells him that even though he's been a very good man he must burn in Hell, because this is an exclusive club, and only Christians are allowed to roam the streets of gold.
    Does this sound like a rational God to you? Not me.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 22:312 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    Imagine a Hindu boy being killed by a herd of elephants running through the village, and he arrives for Judgement in front of God. Can you imagine God telling this child that he's very sorry, but only Christians are allowed into Heaven, and ...[text shortened]... ets of gold.
    I can promise you everyone that who gets thrown in Hell, will not be called good, by God.
    Kelly
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 22:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I can promise you everyone that who gets thrown in Hell, will not be called
    good.
    Kelly
    They will be called non Christian right. Good, bad or somewhere in between it all comes down to are you Christian or not. It's a gated community up there in Christian Heaven. Only the Saved Christian gets in. It's a beautiful religion.
  4. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 22:35
    Imagine a Hindu boy being killed by a herd of elephants running through the village, and he arrives for Judgement in front of God. Can you imagine God telling this child that he's very sorry, but only Christians are allowed into Heaven, and he must go to Hell because that's the rules.
    The Dali Lama drops dead, and he to arrives for Judgement, and God tell ...[text shortened]... s are allowed to roam the streets of gold.
    we have no idea on what terms God judges people.

1 samuel 16:vs7....God said to Samuel:do not look at his appearance and at the height of his stature, for i have rejected him. For not the way man sees is the way God sees, because mere man sees what appears to the eyes, but as for God, he sees what the heart is.
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 22:43
    The Dali Lama drops dead, and he to arrives for Judgement, and God tell ...[text shortened]... s are allowed to roam the streets of gold.
    So your argument is God should let people in who a generally "nice" people? Only good little boys and girls should go to heaven?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 23:01
    They will be called non Christian right. Good, bad or somewhere in between it all comes down to are you Christian or not. It's a gated community up there in Christian Heaven. Only the Saved Christian gets in. It's a beautiful religion.
    Not that I'm aware of, the label "Christian" is our label not God's.
    Kelly
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 23:14
    There seems to a difference of opinion as to what the Christian God does with non-believers.
    I was taught that only Catholics went to Heaven by the woman next door, and she knew the Pope! (No, not that way, get your mind out of the gutter, she had a private audience with him)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 23:301 edit
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    There seems to a difference of opinion as to what the Christian God does with non-believers.
    I was taught that only Catholics went to Heaven by the woman next door, and she knew the Pope! (No, not that way, get your mind out of the gutter, she had a private audience with him)
    God will do with unbelievers the same as He will do with those that
    are just believers, since just believing is not enough too.
    Kelly
  9. Not Kansas
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 23:44
    God will do with unbelievers the same as He will do with those that
    are just believers, since just believing is not enough too.
    Kelly
    It seems many Christians share this view and that there is New Testament evidence for it.
    The woman next door did tell me that if I was a good boy, but didn't convert, I wouldn't go to Hell, there was another place for guys like me, not as good as Heaven, but not bad either. I was just about 10 years old, thought that she was nice, but a little bit crazy ...
  10. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 00:15
    God doesn't necessarily deal with very young children and babies the same way he would deal with adults.

Whatever God does with the kid who's killed by the herd of elephants doesn't excuse anyone else from judgement.

Jesus did say "I am the way, the truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father, but by Me", so it's obvious where the Dali Lama's going to end up, regardless of how "good" anyone thinks he is.

11. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 00:43
    No, because he does not exist.
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 01:07
    In my case I wish God had been more detail oriented. I sometimes think I was one of God's late afternoon "Saturday jobs" and he was thinking about his day off instead of paying attention to what the hell he was doing.

If their is a God, maybe he, she, or it is just yanking our chains about the whole heaven thing? Just a little good natured "gotch'ya" between a God and his minions. He's probably laughing his ass off right now.
  13. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 01:21
    I enjoy watching the Larry King Show on CNN when the guest is an evangelist. Oral Roberts, Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker, and Billy Graham come to mind. Mr. King (whose ancestry is Russian Jewish) always asks them if a Jew who is aware of the Christian message but who rejects the idea that Jesus is the Messiah will go to Hell. Every single time that I have witnessed this question on the King show, the evangelist has backed down, with the typical answer being along the lines of "I am not going to judge. I will let God do the judging."

In fact, one of those people--I think it was Jim Bakker--was asked by King what happened to Jews killed in the Holocaust, and the answer given on the show was, "I think they went straight to Heaven."
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 01:46
    Originally posted by Coletti
    So your argument is God should let people in who a generally "nice" people? Only good little boys and girls should go to heaven?
    No just the Christians. It has nothing to do with being good. You have to know the secret hand shake. Then you can go to heaven. It's like becoming a Shriner.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 01:59
    I can promise you everyone that who gets thrown in Hell, will not be called good, by God.
    Kelly
    They will be called non Christians. All non Christians go to Hell. It's the only fair way of dealing with things. You would not want a bunch of Buddhest and Jews, and Hindus, and Muslems stinking up the place would you? It a very select group that will be allowed in, because that's the way of the Lord according to the Bible, and who could question such a marvelous book as that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree