1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 02:04
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    God doesn't necessarily deal with very young children and babies the same way he would deal with adults.

Whatever God does with the kid who's killed by the herd of elephants doesn't excuse anyone else from judgement.

Jesus did say "I am the way, the truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father, but by Me", so it's obvious where the Dali Lama's going to end up, regardless of how "good" anyone thinks he is.

So you agree that the Dali Lama will burn in Hell? Here is a man that grew up in a totally different culture than that of the Christian, and became a Buddhest leader, and now he must fry in the lake of fire because he did not convert to Christianty? Boy that sounds like my kind of religion. Where do I sign up?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 07:17
    Originally posted by buckky
    They will be called non Christians. All non Christians go to Hell. It's the only fair way of dealing with things. You would not want a bunch of Buddhest and Jews, and Hindus, and Muslems stinking up the place would you? It a very select group that will be allowed in, because that's the way of the Lord according to the Bible, and who could question such a marvelous book as that?
    Show me the verse of scripture that says that, if you are unable to
    bring one up. You are either mistaken badly or a liar.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 10:45
    So you agree that the Dali Lama will burn in Hell? Here is a man that grew up in a totally different culture than that of the Christian, and became a Buddhest leader, and now he must fry in the lake of fire because he did not convert to Christianty? Boy that sounds like my kind of religion. Where do I sign up?
    Absolutely he's going to Hell... doesn't matter what culture he grew up in...
    of course, he still has time to accept Christ, but if he dies without Christ and goes to Hell, it'll be because that was his choice.

And you can talk all you want about the Dali Lama, or some kid who gets run over by elephants, but ultimately, when you stand before God, the only thing that's going to matter to God is, what did YOU do?
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 11:40
    Absolutely he's going to Hell... doesn't matter what culture he grew up in...
    of course, he still has time to accept Christ, but if he dies without Christ and goes to Hell, it'll be because that was his choice.

And you can talk all you want about the Dali Lama, or some kid who gets run over by elephants, but ultimately, when you stand before God, the only thing that's going to matter to God is, what did YOU do?
    How wacked out can it get. What a simplistic view of humanity. It's a black and white situation with the primitive Christian view point. It's ugly and down right evil.
  5. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 14:41
    Imagine a Hindu boy being killed by a herd of elephants running through the village, and he arrives for Judgement in front of God. Can you imagine God telling this child that he's very sorry, but only Christians are allowed into Heaven, and he must go to Hell because that's the rules.
    The Dali Lama drops dead, and he to arrives for Judgement, and God tell ...[text shortened]... s are allowed to roam the streets of gold.
    Does this sound like a rational God to you? Not me.
    If we assume that the Dali Lama is just as human as anyone else (a perfectly safe assumption of course), then we know what goes on inside him. All of his life he has felt a calling to behave a certain way; to be 'good', as it were. Sometimes it's been easy and he succeeded, but sometimes he doesn't really want to do that good thing. He'd rather do the self satisfying thing, and does. Then, being just like any of us, he has felt guilty, knowing he did something wrong.

"What to do about this feeling of guilt?" Try to cover it with religious actions? Try to believe it doesn't really exist (it's just an illusion, forced on me by my culture!)? Or maybe admit, based on the conviction my heart imposes on me, that I am imperfect and need help from outside myself, that I need forgiveness in fact.

When someone, anyone, comes to that point, Christ (the spirit of Christ Himself) makes Himself known to that person, forgives that person, and at that point, He is a Christ one; a 'Christian'. No conversion to any particular denomination, no liturgical ceremony, no cultural conditions must be met, no physical actions at all are required.

Most often some changes will follow such a heart conversion; people begin to recognize and admit that more and more of their life can be improved upon, and more freedom from what they now know as sin can be gained.

Eventually, such a person may somehow learn about the doctrines of Christianity as they have been experienced by others for centuries. If they do, they will only come to know more fully about the Christ they have already met on their own.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Show me the verse of scripture that says that, if you are unable to
    bring one up. You are either mistaken badly or a liar.
    Kelly
    No one will get to the Father without the Son. The Son is Jesus. That means it's a Christian thing. All those that are not involved with Jesus go to Hell. All other religions outside of Christianity are doomed to burn in Hell according to the Christian doctrine. You know that. It's a very exclusive club.
  7. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:24
    No one will get to the Father without the Son. The Son is Jesus. That means it's a Christian thing. All those that are not involved with Jesus go to Hell. All other religions outside of Christianity are doomed to burn in Hell according to the Christian doctrine. You know that. It's a very exclusive club.
    why wud a God of love put people in a place of eternal hell fire and constant torture forever and ever for a life of 70 years at most. i cant imagine a God of love and justice wud allow people to be subjected to such torture forever and ever, purely for the fact that they did something wrong in this life, or perhaps failed to do something right. A god of love and justice could not sit on and watch that pain and suffering go on forever. Jesus was a prince of peace and love not toture and hate. He came to set mankind free, not send them to eternal suffering and pain. He will swallow up death forever. Break the shackles of sin that imprison mankind to death.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:36
    Originally posted by dale21
    why wud a God of love put people in a place of eternal hell fire and constant torture forever and ever for a life of 70 years at most. i cant imagine a God of love and justice wud allow people to be subjected to such torture forever and ever, purely for the fact that they did something wrong in this life, or perhaps failed to do something right. A god of love ...[text shortened]... ain. He will swallow up death forever. Break the shackles of sin that imprison mankind to death.
    No level headed God would send people to Hell. It's a primitive evil belief that should be exposed more often. All this talk about the nut case fanatical Muslems is common these days, and some are totally messed up fanatic nuts. The Christian belief system is suppose to be
    more sane than that. I question that.
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:39
    How wacked out can it get. What a simplistic view of humanity. It's a black and white situation with the primitive Christian view point. It's ugly and down right evil.
    Is it your viewpoint that all 'religions' are evil, or just Christianity? After all, if you ask a Muslim who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell, what do you think THEIR answer would be?

With God, there are no gray areas...something is either right or it is wrong. You libs find 'gray' in everything, there's no right and wrong with you. What's right and wrong, according to the libs, depends on all sorts of 'complex' factors... that's why the 'heck' Democrats in Washington keep holding all of these closed-door meetings to figure out where they stand on everything.. they don't know. John Kerry was/is a perfect example.

btw, God does not send people to Hell. He saves them FROM Hell.

10. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:45
    Originally posted by dale21
    why wud a God of love put people in a place of eternal hell fire and constant torture forever and ever for a life of 70 years at most. i cant imagine a God of love and justice wud allow people to be subjected to such torture forever and ever, purely for the fact that they did something wrong in this life, or perhaps failed to do something right. A god of love ...[text shortened]... ain. He will swallow up death forever. Break the shackles of sin that imprison mankind to death.
    Punishment depends upon the nature of the offense, not the time it consumes. A man can kill another man in 3 seconds, but it might take a thief 2 hours to break into a safe. which is the greater crime? Which deserves the greater punishment?

The greatest of all sins is rejecting Christ, which is why it carries the 'maximum' penalty.
  11. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 21:56
    Is it your viewpoint that all 'religions' are evil, or just Christianity? After all, if you ask a Muslim who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell, what do you think THEIR answer would be?

With God, there are no gray areas...something is either right or it is wrong. You libs find 'gray' in everything, there's no right and wrong with you. What's righ ...[text shortened]... s/is a perfect example.

If simpletons like you are going to be in heaven I don't want any part of it .
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:02
    The greatest of all sins is rejecting Christ, which is why it carries the 'maximum' penalty.
    Nonsense. "Christ" never existed. The mythical godson was pure plagarism.
  13. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:09

why did he create a hell for people to be saved from?
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:24

With God, there are no gray areas...something is either right or it is wrong. You libs find 'gray' in everything, there's no right and wrong with you. What's righ ...[text shortened]... s/is a perfect example.

What in the world does liberalism have to do with this debate? You must be a very political person. I'm not. Christianity has all political types involved. It's not just a Republican thing.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:30
    Punishment depends upon the nature of the offense, not the time it consumes. A man can kill another man in 3 seconds, but it might take a thief 2 hours to break into a safe. which is the greater crime? Which deserves the greater punishment?

Cruel and unusual punishment is what Hell is. Torture is what Hell is. Only a Sadist would see it as a just punishment for any reason. It's pure evil. No God would allow for such a nightmare to exist as a punishment for not following a certain religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree