1. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 14:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===========================
    Respect to you for trying, but you are not sure are you.
    ========================

No. I am not sure I fully appreciate what the Scripture means in all its depth that God created man in His own image.

But I am pretty sure about man being a vessel to contain God and that he is unique in this regard. It l ...[text shortened]... sign and existence.

For me it beats the pop notion of man as a freak accident.[/b]
    OK, you seem a little fixated on the cause of my amusement. Can you not see that it is funny that religious people are confused about the form of their God even though their God is defined within their own religion? I mean, if they don't even know something like that about their own God.....that's laughable.

I suppose you either see the funny side or you don't. That's all.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 14:40
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    OK, you seem a little fixated on the cause of my amusement. Can you not see that it is funny that religious people are confused about the form of their God even though their God is defined within their own religion? I mean, if they don't even know something like that about their own God.....that's laughable.

I suppose you either see the funny side or you don't. That's all.
    Ha-ha! I get it!

Seriously, though, in spite of what you think you see, what you're not seeing is the other four-thirds of the picture.

The main and salient part of the Gospel which concerns itself with salvation (unfortunately, and to our great and overwhelming discredit) is where the majority of Christians start and stop. Despite being commanded to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, we defiantly and steadfastly remain in the front lobby of the endless palace.

(Holy crap is it crowded in there!)

This spiritual retrogression is the cause for our blithering ignorance regarding the deeper things of God. Don't take this wrong: there is a limited amount of information about Himself and/or about the whole ball of wax which God has deigned to reveal to us, and there are many things He has simply been silent on. Nonetheless, He has provided a deluge of information about Himself, His character and etc..

However, given that Christians are so enamored with the tapestry on the lobby walls as to ever venture past that comforting confine, any questions put to them about God invariably will be met with much paper shuffling with precious little on the report.

With that in mind, the non-Christian ought to be forewarned from the outset: the doctrine found within the palace is not consumable for someone who hasn't gone through the lobby.

What I do find a tad disingenuous, however, is your amusement. Take any field of knowledge known to man, and you will eventually find a point--- a wall, if you will--- at which the observer stands wistfully peering into the mystery. No matter what the level of supposed mastery, there comes a point within every aspect of man's understanding that he finds himself in deeper waters than he is able to comprehend.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the deeper the understanding, the more pronounced the sentiment that the 'knower' knows so very little, indeed.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 14:44
    Originally posted by mikelom
    We are all sensual, in all natures. Even murderers are reacting to sensual indiscipline, in most cases..... unless the murder is by accident.

I also know, as a professional guitarist at times of my choice, how disciplined the likes of Heifetz are at playing with sensual emotion. That skill, albeit from the heart (once the play is mastered), is factual and ...[text shortened]... in which God played a part. A straight forward and ascertained one please, as you say there are.
    Started a new thread to allow better exchange.
  4. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 14:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ha-ha! I get it!

Seriously, though, in spite of what you think you see, what you're not seeing is the other four-thirds of the picture.

The main and salient part of the Gospel which concerns itself with salvation (unfortunately, and to our great and overwhelming discredit) is where the majority of Christians start and stop. Despite being [i]c ...[text shortened]... anding, the more pronounced the sentiment that the 'knower' knows so very little, indeed.
    Ok I will just have to take your word for it. I suppose I am being a bit disingenuous. sorry about that.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 21:10
    I think God was a bachlor and desired to have a companion.

Why else would the Bible conclude with a marriage ?

Adam looked at all the animals and not one was found that could match him until God built his wife from Adam's rib. I think this is a little window into the heart of God Himself.

Adam replied with delight "This time it is bone of my bo ...[text shortened]... and Wife. I do not think it is an accident that this touches our human sense of completion.
    Wow...that has got to be the strangest thing I've seen you come up with yet. Where do you come up with this stuff Jay? Any scriptural proof?
    First if he needed a mate then why not just create one? But the scriptures also bring out that spirits do not have sexes as they are not male or female.
    But the point here is Jay you really have no idea who this bride is and what it represents do you?
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 04:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    who are they?
    Exactly.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 06:271 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Exactly.
    so i dont know everything in the entire history of humanity Jack, do you?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 08:07
    Originally posted by buckky
    We always think of God as a type of person or personality, but I wonder if the whole concept is off. Could God be a Force that we all are a part of ? Maybe we are all the same thing, and in a sense we are all aspects of God. Like billions of cells make up the body, then maybe all of creation is a part of the bigger body which is God.
    God is knowable.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Wow...that has got to be the strangest thing I've seen you come up with yet. Where do you come up with this stuff Jay? Any scriptural proof?
    First if he needed a mate then why not just create one? But the scriptures also bring out that spirits do not have sexes as they are not male or female.
    But the point here is Jay you really have no idea who this bride is and what it represents do you?
    ===================================
    Wow...that has got to be the strangest thing I've seen you come up with yet. Where do you come up with this stuff Jay?

One of the books which helped me to see this was "The Glorious Church" by Watchman Nee.

If you link to this url below you will see a ordered list of books. If you click #34 you may browse through an Online version of The Glorious Church.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/collected-works.cfm
  10. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 13:54
    so i dont know everything in the entire history of humanity Jack, do you?
    I'm not the one claiming to know everything about the universe. Look up George Adamski - your spiritual twin. According to him the Venusian were no doubt your ancestors - why should I not believe him? Can you give me one good reason that does not also apply to you?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I'm not the one claiming to know everything about the universe. Look up George Adamski - your spiritual twin. According to him the Venusian were no doubt your ancestors - why should I not believe him? Can you give me one good reason that does not also apply to you?
    yes, he has no substantiating evidence for his claims, other than some doctored pictures. if you want to put your trust in that, then be my guest. i on the other hand feel that there is evidence to suggest, that the application of Biblical principles shall make one a happier, more purposeful and content individual.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 14:26
    i on the other hand feel that there is evidence to suggest, that the application of Biblical principles shall make one a happier, more purposeful and content individual.
    Show the evidence, robbie.
    And no link, please, just the evidence.
    I doubt you can.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 16:20
    [b]===================================
    Wow...that has got to be the strangest thing I've seen you come up with yet. Where do you come up with this stuff Jay?

One of the books which helped me to see this was "The Glorious Church" by Watchman Nee.

If you link to this url below you will ...[text shortened]... version of The Glorious Church.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/collected-works.cfm[/b]
    It seems to me Jay that this is a really big problem with you and many others is that you are willing and even eger to listen to the philosophies of men and their ideas which is something that is deeply warned against in the Bible. It's not that we can't think outside the box at times and wonder about things that God doesn't answer at this time, but when it comes to diverting us from what the Bible's truths tell us we should be able to use a little common sense with this info and not drift of into some weird fuzzy world and make God into something he's not.
    Follow the Bible first and use wisdom when it comes to mans philosophies that are dangerous.
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 17:261 edit
    yes, he has no substantiating evidence for his claims, other than some doctored pictures. if you want to put your trust in that, then be my guest. i on the other hand feel that there is evidence to suggest, that the application of Biblical principles shall make one a happier, more purposeful and content individual.
    Sounds like he was very happy. Modern doctored photographs versus a translation of ancient doctored texts is pretty much a wash. I see very little difference.

What you're not understanding tho, Rob, is I don't have a problem with George. Far as I can tell he was persecuted but never led a crusade that resulted in the murder of innocents. Mostly the same reasons I don't have a problem with you. You're both nice people but your arguments are totally unconvincing. But guess what? I suspect that my arguments are totally unconvincing to you. I can live in a world like that. I don't need to be right to be happy. Do you?
  15. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 17:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It seems to me Jay that this is a really big problem with you and many others is that you are willing and even eger to listen to the philosophies of men and their ideas which is something that is deeply warned against in the Bible. It's not that we can't think outside the box at times and wonder about things that God doesn't answer at this time, but when ...[text shortened]... ollow the Bible first and use wisdom when it comes to mans philosophies that are dangerous.
    I am directing this you, Galvy: he's not listening - he can't - you are wasting your breath. Any minute now he'll launch into a full page dissertation that won't address a single point you have ever brought up. Lower your blood pressure - ignore him. (It will give you more time to find happiness.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree