1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 17:512 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It seems to me Jay that this is a really big problem with you and many others is that you are willing and even eger to listen to the philosophies of men and their ideas which is something that is deeply warned against in the Bible. It's not that we can't think outside the box at times and wonder about things that God doesn't answer at this time, but when ollow the Bible first and use wisdom when it comes to mans philosophies that are dangerous.
    ==========================================
    It seems to me Jay that this is a really big problem with you and many others is that you are willing and even eger to listen to the philosophies of men and their ideas
    ==============================

It is not philosophy. Watchman Nee was used by God to raise up hundreds of local churches in Mainland China. I have not been responsible for the raising up of one Christian church while Nee raised up hundreds. So it is stupid for me to be critical of Watchman Nee because he obviously exceeded me in spiritual experience.

I am pretty sure the same applies to you. How many churches have been raised up by your ministry ?

The Glorious Church was the expounding of a martyr for Christ who due to his utter consecration to Christ spent the last 20 years in a Communist prison.

He wrote The Spiritual Man in his early 20s. That three volume work is so spiritually advanced that it is phenomenal that a Christian of his early 20s could have had the insight to write it.

=================================
    which is something that is deeply warned against in the Bible. It's not that we can't think outside the box at times and wonder about things that God doesn't answer at this time, but when it comes to diverting us from what the Bible's truths tell us we should be able to use a little common sense with this info and not drift of into some weird fuzzy world and make God into something he's not.
    =====================================

Throughout the Bible God's people are spoken of as His spouse:

Isa. 54:6; Jer. 3:1; Ezek. 16:8; Hosea 2:19; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 5:31-32

====================================
    Follow the Bible first and use wisdom when it comes to mans philosophies that are dangerous.
    =====================================

Such advice should have been taken by Charles Russell and Judge Rutherford, founders of Watchtower theology.

You didn't notice that the Bible concludes with a marriage ? The Revelation of Jesus Christ was made known to us by signs. The sign of a universal marriage helps some of us to realize the eternal purpose of God.

You see, perhaps all you understand is a kingdom of God where God reigns with authority. While not neglecting this others see the theme of a marriage of the Triune God with His redeemed, regenerated, transformed, conformed and glorified people.

We have been presented a pure virgin to Christ (2 Cor. 11:2). And the spiritual meaning of this has not been lost on some other teachers such as Brother Nee.

You judge too quickly. And you greatly underestimate the time and insight that others have given to these biblical matters.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 20:18
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==========================================
    It seems to me Jay that this is a really big problem with you and many others is that you are willing and even eger to listen to the philosophies of men and their ideas
    ==============================

It is not philosophy. Watchman Nee was used by God to raise up hundreds of local churches in Mainlan ...[text shortened]... atly underestimate the time and insight that others have given to these biblical matters.[/b]
    If the churches that this Mr. Nee founded teaches such doctrines as the trinity then he is not from God...
    But since it seems you have some new spiritual insight from this man that God is lonely and is looking for a wife, please let me know when this marriage happens. And the figurative marriage your confused about in Revelation is about Jesus, not Jehovah. But then that ole trinity thing keeps confusing you about what scriptures apply to Jehovah or Jesus.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 16:432 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If the churches that this Mr. Nee founded teaches such doctrines as the trinity then he is not from God...
    But since it seems you have some new spiritual insight from this man that God is lonely and is looking for a wife, please let me know when this marriage happens. And the figurative marriage your confused about in Revelation is about Jesus, not Jeh ...[text shortened]... then that ole trinity thing keeps confusing you about what scriptures apply to Jehovah or Jesus.
    You don't understand at all.

When the Bible says in Revelation 21:17 -"And the Spirit and the Bride say Come!" it is really saying the Bridegroom and the Bride say come.

The Bridegroom, Christ, has become a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45) to dispense the Triune God into this corporate entity, constituting her the Bride.

The Spirit is therefore the final stage in God's economical move to dispense God into man.

Where is the Bridegroom of the Bride? The Bridegroom has become the life giving Spirit to be the indwelling life of the Bride.

From one angle it is God dispensing Himself into man to be man's eternal and divine life. From another angle it is the Triune God marrying this corporate entity.

You see only a kingdom and a King with His subjects. While this is certainly a truth of the Scriptures it is only one layer of the complete revelation.

In addition to the great King with a kingdom and subjects or citizens of that kindom you have a marriage.

This marriage comes about as the incarnated redeeming God, out from Himself dispenses His divine life and nature into His people.

His will to mass produce God-men like Christ the Firstborn Son of God. This mass production is so precious to God that He communicates its reality as a marriage.

Maybe to say God was lonely is too much. But He certainly desires this corporate Bride. And He conveyed His desire to us a number of times in this picture - He as the Husband and His people as His spouse.

I gave you a number of Old and New Testament references.
  4. Joined
    03 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 07:09
    I think God is a simple way to explain reasons for people back in Jesus's time as they were not eductioned and God is science basically.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 13:312 edits
    Originally posted by quater14
    I think God is a simple way to explain reasons for people back in Jesus's time as they were not eductioned and God is science basically.
    no, what has transpired is that science is the new religion, yes with dogma, yes with scientific mantras, yes with pontificating luminaries, yes with devotees. God is not science, science has become a God. educationed i dont think is a word, but i am not one to be pedantic 😉
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 14:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no, what has transpired is that science is the new religion, yes with dogma, yes with scientific mantras, yes with pontificating luminaries, yes with devotees. God is not science, science has become a God. educationed i dont think is a word, but i am not one to be pedantic 😉
    Just to clarify.

Are we talking all science, or just those branches of science which contradict your religious beliefs?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Just to clarify.

Are we talking all science, or just those branches of science which contradict your religious beliefs?
    ahhh, a devotee of the new religion, how very interesting. Yes specifically those branches which contradict religious truth, however this is besides the point, for as you are aware oh great Noobster, persons now look to science to solve their problems, to furnish explanations, and yes science shall produce a magic pill that shall fix everything, and in many cases it really helps, but it is not a panacea for everything.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 20:50
    ahhh, a devotee of the new religion, how very interesting. Yes specifically those branches which contradict religious truth, however this is besides the point, for as you are aware oh great Noobster, persons now look to science to solve their problems, to furnish explanations, and yes science shall produce a magic pill that shall fix everything, and in many cases it really helps, but it is not a panacea for everything.
    Yes specifically those branches which contradict religious truth

All those great scientific minds must be wrong, for we surely can't entertain the idea that maybe the Bible is wrong?!

but it is not a panacea for everything.

Who ever made that claim?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 20:56
    [b]Yes specifically those branches which contradict religious truth

All those great scientific minds must be wrong, for we surely can't entertain the idea that maybe the Bible is wrong?!

but it is not a panacea for everything.

Who ever made that claim?[/b]
    yes the Bible is infallible, well done, you are learning, and secondly, OK, its not a panacea for everything but are you willing to state that people do not put their trust in it and the new cathedrals are those where science is worshipped.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 21:15
    yes the Bible is infallible, well done, you are learning, and secondly, OK, its not a panacea for everything but are you willing to state that people do not put their trust in it and the new cathedrals are those where science is worshipped.
    The bits you believe in the Bible are infallible, i believe are a crock of crap.

When i balance the advancements scientific minds have made to my life it's a no brainer for me. Orgainised religion, in my view, is a tool for control.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '10 22:15
    The bits you believe in the Bible are infallible, i believe are a crock of crap.

When i balance the advancements scientific minds have made to my life it's a no brainer for me. Orgainised religion, in my view, is a tool for control.
    oh i dont believe bits of it are infallible, i believe it is inspired of God, in its entirety and contains many practical principles. I fully understand why persons cannot stomach religion, the opulence, the blood shed and the wars etc. how it is a controlling influence in peoples lives you must explain, for i myself as you are aware speak to persons from house to house about it, and it seems to have very little influence in persons life, at least in the U.K.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 18:55
    just pitching in to say I was quite impressed when I saw the following quote by Eckhard Tolle recently:
    [i]"Man made God in his own image. The eternal, the infinite and the unnameable reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship as my God or your God."
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 20:07
    A parable:

An ocean wave had crested and started falling back toward the sea. The wave became frightened, thinking, “Now I’m going to die, and all that I have been will be no more.” Then the wave had this realization: “I’m not just wave; I’m also ocean! That is what I have been made of all along!” And the wave was no longer frightened.

How tragic for the flame to fear
    annihilation in the fire,
    or ocean wave to be afraid
    to fall again into the sea—
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Jan '10 06:38
    Originally posted by vistesd
    A parable:

An ocean wave had crested and started falling back toward the sea. The wave became frightened, thinking, “Now I’m going to die, and all that I have been will be no more.” Then the wave had this realization: “I’m not just wave; I’m also ocean! That is what I have been made of all along!” And the wave was no longer frightened. ...[text shortened]... lame to fear
    annihilation in the fire,
    or ocean wave to be afraid
    to fall again into the sea—
    But one day the ocean got jealous of the moon ...
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 07:24
    The Logic in this discussion is mostly bollocks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree