1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 17:473 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Can I just have a simple, yes/no answer to the following questions, so I understand your beliefs.

Looks like I am the first of the trio to reply.

No. You may not have simple yes/no to your question from me.
    You may not get from me a binary yes/no on your question with questionable presuppositions and apparent ignorance of the Bibl ...[text shortened]... ion for you. Are stars "little" ?
    Yes or No please, so I can learn something about astronomy.
    Don't be so silly.

Either a person who does not believe in God can go to heaven or he/she can't. It's a simple question.

That is not the same as asking a question about relative dimensions.

Why are you dodging the question? if you don't know the answer, just say so. if you do, just give it.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 17:491 edit
    Can I just have a simple, yes/no answer to the following questions, so I understand your beliefs.

Looks like I am the first of the trio to reply.

No. You may not have simple yes/no to your question from me.
    You may not get from me a binary yes/no on your question with questionable presuppositions and apparent ignorance of the Bibl ...[text shortened]... ion for you. Are stars "little" ?
    Yes or No please, so I can learn something about astronomy.
    they are the size of a head on a pin, and can be huge. the only limit to God is your own imagination
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 17:533 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    No.

Your turn.
    My answer is still that you cannot have a simple Yes/No to your question in the way you ask it FROM ME. Did you think I would change my mind?

Well, I am confused now. You say stars are not little. Hmmm. Somewhere I read that there were hundreds of billions of them like the sands on all the seashores of the earth.

Carl Sagan said there were billions and billions of stars and billions and billions of galaxies with billions of stars. Sounds like they could be pretty tiny to me.

Thanks anyway.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:011 edit
    My answer is still that you cannot have a simple Yes/No to your question in the way you ask it FROM ME. Did you think I would change my mind?

Well, I am confused now. You say stars are not little. Hmmm. Somewhere I read that there were hundreds of billions of them like the sands on all the seashores of the earth.

Carl Sagan said there were bill ...[text shortened]... alaxies with billions of stars. Sounds like they could be pretty tiny to me.

Thanks anyway.
    I edited the post since. You might want to revisit.

But I can express my view that stars are not little. That is what I believe from my perspective. It doesn't matter whether I am right or wrong. That is my view and I have given it. I wanted to know your view.

You cannot respond in kind, and to be honest I think you are lying. I think you are able, and you have a simple yes/no answer to the question, but you don't want to answer. It's very disingenuous.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    This is for Rajk999, sonship and KellyJay.

OK, let's try again and forget about righteousness. Can I just have a simple, yes/no answer to the following questions, so I understand your beliefs.

1. Is it possible for someone who does not believe in God to go to heaven?

2. If not, does that same person go to hell for all eternity?
    I dislike the expression 'going to heaven' so I never use it. I rather say 'enter the Kingdom of God' or say 'get eternal life'. I do that because it is still shrouded in mystery where the Kingdom will be, but that is not the issue.

1. Yes, in my opinion, it is possible for a person to get into the Kingdom despite personal beliefs about the existence of God.

2. I dont believe in hell as place of eternal torment for people. Those who God would like to punish He will destroy them in the lake of fire.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:05

Carl Sagan said there ...[text shortened]... alaxies with billions of stars. Sounds like they could be pretty tiny to me.

Thanks anyway.
    you are so literal in your interpretation. like those who think the prophet meant one day is a thousand years. "one day is like a thousand years" .

You were quoting from genesis. God talking to Abraham.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dislike the expression 'going to heaven' so I never use it. I rather say 'enter the Kingdom of God' or say 'get eternal life'. I do that because it is still shrouded in mystery where the Kingdom will be, but that is not the issue.

1. Yes, in my opinion, it is possible for a person to get into the Kingdom despite personal beliefs about the existence of ...[text shortened]... torment for people. Those who God would like to punish He will destroy them in the lake of fire.
    I am relatively new to these forums. Was just wondering what religion you subscribe to? And which denomination. Thanks.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:11
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I am relatively new to these forums. Was just wondering what religion you subscribe to? And which denomination. Thanks.
    I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Apostles. I belong to no religion or denomination. Thanks.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:133 edits
    Don't be so silly.

Nail me to the wall Pudgenik! Go for it.

Either a person who does not believe in God can go to heaven or he/she can't. It's a simple question.

Could you please find the phrase "go to heaven" in the Bible for me so I can examine it ?

That is not the same as asking a question about relative dimensions.

No it is not the same in all regards.

"Go to heaven", "going to heaven", "went to heaven", "Be in heaven", .. "forever in heaven" ,,, etc. where do you see phrases like this in connection with salvation ?
    Mostly. I need to see your phrase "go to heaven". References please ?

Why are you dodging the question? if you don't know the answer, just say so. if you do, just give it.

I may give an answer on my terms. But when I try and someone says, "Look, Just give me a Yes or a No." That is risky to open the way to much misundersrtanding.

For one the answerer falls into the trap of suggesting that God's eternal destiny for saved people is in Heaven.

Why should I be eager to confirm misunderstanding on the questioner's part ?
    The suspicions is hard to shake that the question is not asked sincerely but a fight is being sought.

If the question is tuned to something like - "Can an Atheist be saved ?" I would say ... No. And I think that is telling him perhaps, what he really wants to know. I could be wrong. But I think that is what he's really asking.

Now, I have given a simple answer to a reformed question. If I am wrong, then I am willing to bear that responsibility before God.

And one other caveat. I don't consider a newborn baby or a fetus or an unborn child as an Atheist.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:14
    I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Apostles. I belong to no religion or denomination. Thanks.
    Thanks that puts things into perspective.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Rajk999 ??

The Church of Me, Myself, and I - bigtime.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    you are so literal in your interpretation. like those who think the prophet meant one day is a thousand years. "one day is like a thousand years" .

I assume you are not asking me what I believe, but telling me.

One day as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day, at face value, sounds allegorical to me.

I didn't have anything in Genesis in mind. And I can't remember quoting anything in that book today.

What verse in Genesis did I quote ?
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 01:49
    Don't be so silly.

Nail me to the wall Pudgenik! Go for it.

Could you please find the phrase "go to heaven" in the Bible for me so I can examine it ?

[quote]
    That is not the same as asking a question about rela ...[text shortened]... d one other caveat. I don't consider a newborn baby or a fetus or an unborn child as an Atheist.
    stars and sand, Gen. 22. ver 17.

What is the point of nailing anyone to the wall. Or wishing someone to be in hell. Is that all we are as children of God? Belief and faith are great things. Both are a precursor to knowledge. But knowledge alone will not take you to paradise. "No one goes to the Father, but threw me" . Love, you must have love.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 02:01
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I'm very much a Christian!
    Then I'm curious as to what you believe about your own OP?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 23:45
    Makes for a lonely Bible study group. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree