1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:17
    Yes I judge the god of the bible using secular morality because secular morality is superior to religious morality.

Do you mean the same secular morality which sanctioned the 54 million killings of unborn infants since the 60s ?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 22:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yes I judge the god of the bible using secular morality because secular morality is superior to religious morality.

Do you mean the same secular morality which sanctioned the 54 million killings of unborn infants since the 60s ?
    If you are talking about abortion (your a whack job fundi, of course your talking about abortion)
    then abortion isn't (inherently) immoral.

However abortion does not involve killing "infants" unless you are going to radically redefine the
    word to means something completely different.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:54
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If you are talking about abortion (your a whack job fundi, of course your talking about abortion)

However abortion does not involve killing "infants" unless you are going to radically redefine the
    The problem is not with us redefining words, it is others who have made new words and have already redefined these words to make the murder of a baby in the womb of the mother seem moral. By redefining an unborn baby that is still in the womb with new words, like embryo and fetus, the abortionists make it seem less than a baby.

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-week-by-week
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 09:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The problem is not with us redefining words, it is others who have made new words and have already redefined these words to make the murder of a baby in the womb of the mother seem moral. By redefining an unborn baby that is still in the womb with new words, like embryo and fetus, the abortionists make it seem less than a baby.

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-week-by-week
    If you claim a baby and a ball of cells are equal you do not elevate the ball of cells you diminish the baby.

Abortion is an issue you are on the wrong side of (morally) and is not a problem for my mortality it's a
    problem for yours.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 14:463 edits

If you are talking about abortion (your a whack job fundi, of course your talking about abortion) then abortion isn't (inherently) immoral.

What did you think I was talking about, several years of kids' picnics on the Good Ship Lollipop ?

If your conscience wasn't so dead as if seared with a hot iron then there wouldn't need to be so many vocal political activists to speak up for the unborn. ( I am not an activist ).

And any insulting name you call me because of being a follower of Jesus Christ is an honor. Thankyou for the honor.

However abortion does not involve killing "infants" unless you are going to radically redefine the word to means something completely different.

It would not be "radical". At certain times this terminating of the life of the unborn could be the arguable preferable choice. That is a tough discision.

But what is radical, I think, is 54 million such cases since the 1960s. Fifty four MILLION abortions ? Why not call that radical?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 15:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, you are only approaching the idea from a different direction.

My apologies if this thread is not intended to eventually be "how can God be great when he's obviously a vicious lying murderous bastard"?
    If god is a bastard, that means he had parents.....
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 15:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If god is a bastard, that means he had parents.....
    You are apparently one who thanks he can mock God.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

(Galatians 6:7 NASB)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 18:183 edits
    If you claim a baby and a ball of cells are equal you do not elevate the ball of cells you diminish the baby.

Abortion is an issue you are on the wrong side of (morally) and is not a problem for my mortality it's a
    problem for yours.

To claim the baby is equal to a ball of cells is really not to say that that is ALL the baby is. Could you yourself not also be discribed as a huge ball of cells?

I think you and I could be called a huge balls of living cells. It does not mean we are that and nothing else.

For the Nazis to commit so many murders upon the Jews they had to work hard in their minds to imagine them as something less than human.

To inslave millions of black Africans they also had to be imagined as somehow less than human.

Even cannibals who eat other human beings have to invent ways to imagine that the people they eat are less than human.

It is no surprise that modern societies have to do a similar mental maneuvor with unborn human beings.

The conscience of man protests within. And to suppress this conviction, various rationalizations must be invented to quiet the protesting God created conscience.

But you know something? The human conscience does not argue. It simply knows what it knows what it knows. We cannot bribe it or silence it. We can only suppress it but in vain. It does not argue. If it knows something is wrong, it simply cannot be reasoned with to feel otherwise. If it knows something is right, it cannot be bargained with to feel otherwise.

The conscience needs peace towards God and towards one's self.
    And it can find this peace in Jesus Christ and His salvation.

"Therefore having been justified out of faith, we have peace towards God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 10:51

To claim the baby is equal to a ball of cells is really not to say that that is ALL the baby is. Could you yourself not also be discribed as a huge ball of cells?

I think you and I could be called a huge balls of living ce ...[text shortened]... ied out of faith, we have peace towards God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)
    [/b]
    To claim the baby is equal to a ball of cells is really not to say that that is ALL the baby is

You are the one claiming the ball of cells and the Baby are equal.
    My point is that while a ball of cells is just a ball of cells a baby is a whole lot more than just a ball of cells.

Abortion doesn't kill babies. Abortion aborts embryo's zygotes and foetuses.
    They don't think, they have no minds, they are not people, they are not babies.

When I said "If you claim a baby and a ball of cells are equal you do not elevate the ball of cells you diminish
    the baby", what I was saying was that when you call a ball of cells a baby you are saying that the ball of cells
    is equal in value and properties to the baby.

A baby is so much more than a ball of cells, And cannot be equated with one.

Abortion does not kill babies. period.

Also god has nothing to do with conscience. God doesn't exist.

If you use god, souls, life spirit, afterlives, or anything supernatural ANYWHERE in your argument against abortion
    then that argument is religious in nature and unconstitutional in the USA and simply invalid everywhere.

When you try to ban abortion you are trying to impose your particular religious beliefs on everyone else regardless
    of whether or not they believe in your religion or not.

THAT is immoral. Abortion is not.

If you want to reduce abortions you should campaign for better education (including sex ed), measures to reduce poverty,
    And free access for women to good quality healthcare. Including abortions.

Banning abortion doesn't reduce the rate of abortions. It just reduces the rate of safe abortions.
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 11:00
    YES HE IS!
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 11:15
    If you are talking about abortion (your a whack job fundi, of course your talking about abortion) then abortion isn't (inherently) immoral.

What did you think I was talking about, several years of kids' picnics on the Good Ship Lollipop ?

If your conscience wasn't so dead as if seared with a hot iron then there wouldn't need to be ...[text shortened]... on such cases since the 1960s. Fifty four MILLION abortions ? Why not call that radical?
    But what is radical, I think, is 54 million such cases since the 1960s. Fifty four MILLION abortions ? Why not call that radical?

Because abortions are not an inherently bad thing.

Abortions are (depending on the circumstance) either morally acceptable or they're not.

If they are acceptable then it doesn't matter how many of them there are they are still acceptable.

Given that I don't have a problem with abortions why do you think I would have a problem with any arbitrary large number of them?

If your conscience wasn't so dead as if seared with a hot iron ...

Now that's an insult. Also wrong.

Unlike you I actually have a conscience and morals. you just blindly follow the 'laws' of your religion. you have no morality.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 11:16
    Originally posted by tim88
    YES HE IS!
    Which one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree