1. Cosmos
    Joined
    20 May '17
    Moves
    2126
    22 Mar '18 14:32
    Light is energy..and possibly everywhere.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92083
    22 Mar '18 14:35
    Originally posted by @ogb
    Light is energy..and possibly everywhere.
    The Lord shines upon all equally

    Check out peripheral vision and its r'ship with life for an in depth look
  3. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    31 Jan '18
    Moves
    3456
    22 Mar '18 17:46
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    The Lord shines upon all equally

    Check out peripheral vision and its r'ship with life for an in depth look
    <<[b]The Lord shines upon all equally>>

    “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

    That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”

    (Matthew 5:44-45)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92083
    23 Mar '18 01:05
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<[b]The Lord shines upon all equally>>

    “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

    That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”

    (Matthew 5:44-45)
    Train the eyes to train the brain
  5. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86845
    23 Mar '18 06:16
    Originally posted by @ogb
    Light is energy..and possibly everywhere.
    It’s not in a sealed lead box.
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    31 Jan '18
    Moves
    3456
    23 Mar '18 06:39
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It’s not in a sealed lead box.
    Good point, tiger.
  7. Cosmos
    Joined
    20 May '17
    Moves
    2126
    23 Mar '18 13:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It’s not in a sealed lead box.
    well my post was asking Literally--is God light? because light is everywhere and has energy and lasts forever....
  8. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86845
    23 Mar '18 13:51
    Originally posted by @ogb
    well my post was asking Literally--is God light? because light is everywhere and has energy and lasts forever....
    well my post was replying literally — light would not be in a sealed lead box, so light cannot be everywhere.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92083
    23 Mar '18 13:59
    Originally posted by @ogb
    well my post was asking Literally--is God light? because light is everywhere and has energy and lasts forever....
    The Lord is pure light . Yes

    The wave of the future is direct lighting .
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92083
    23 Mar '18 14:00
    Light can be continuous or discreet
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    howling mad
    In the den
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    26 Mar '18 00:36
    Originally posted by @ogb
    well my post was asking Literally--is God light? because light is everywhere and has energy and lasts forever....
    Light isn't everwhere,
    doesn't last forever and
    does not "have" energy (it "is" energy).

    Apart from that you are spot on.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    403
    26 Mar '18 13:42
    Originally posted by @ogb
    well my post was asking Literally--is God light? because light is everywhere and has energy and lasts forever....
    John 1:1-4
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    The same was in the beginning with God.
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

    Light, in the biblical sense, can be either physical, know by the physical senses, or spiritual, understood metaphorically. In the above quotation light is meant in the spiritual sense.

    II. metaphor.

    A. God is light because light has the extremely delicate, subtle, pure, brilliant quality

    B. of truth and its knowledge, together with the spiritual purity associated with it

    C. that which is exposed to the view of all, openly, publicly

    D. reason, mind

    I.the power of understanding esp. moral and spiritual truth

    In verse 4 life is in conjunction with light.

    I. life

    A. the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate

    B. every living soul

    II. life

    A. of the absolute fulness of life, both essential and ethical, which belongs to God, and through him both to the hypostatic "logos" and to Christ in whom the "logos" put on human nature

    B. life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever.

    Consider the dialog between Jesus and Nicodemus.

    John 3:7&8
    Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

    To see the spiritual light you must be born again spiritually, then you will know the life, which is everlasting.

    Straight forward and simple.
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 Mar '18 14:40
    Originally posted by @secondson
    John 1:1-4
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    The same was in the beginning with God.
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

    Light, in the biblical sense, can be either physical, know by the physical senses, o ...[text shortened]... spiritually, then you will know the life, which is everlasting.

    Straight forward and simple.
    Cherry-picking mumbo jumbo. Why did you cut off the important part of John 1.

    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light,
    that all men through him might believe.
    He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    That was the true Light,
    which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    (John 1:4-9 KJV)


    Jesus Christ is the Light which is in every man.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    403
    26 Mar '18 14:50
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Cherry-picking mumbo jumbo. Why did you cut off the important part of John 1.

    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light,
    that all men through him migh ...[text shortened]... meth into the world.
    (John 1:4-9 KJV)


    Jesus Christ is the Light which is in every man.
    "Jesus Christ is the Light which is in every man."

    Quote the verse that says the Light "is in every man."

    Mumbo man.
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    26 Mar '18 15:21
    Originally posted by @secondson
    "Jesus Christ is the Light which is in every man."

    Quote the verse that says the Light "is in every man."

    Mumbo man.
    John 1:9 which I quoted.
Back to Top