1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 20:58
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Interesting. I suppose [b]"Creation" by any other name would also still be true.[/b]
    No, Creationism by any name would be false, because evolution and creationism cannot both be true. Savvy?
  2. round and round
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 21:50
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i feel it's a shame you class anything that criticises god as juvenile...

if an opinion doesnt match yours, do you simply dismiss it as juvenile..?
    It's not the opinion, it's the attitude behind the opinion.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 15:151 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    No, Creationism by any name would be false, because evolution and creationism cannot both be true. Savvy?
    It sounds like you have a very broad definition of Evolution which would include even non-living things.

Most "savvy" Evos I know are quick to distance their theory from origin of life or origin of the universe problems.

Are you new to the game?
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 16:36
    Originally posted by dizzyfingers
    It's not the opinion, it's the attitude behind the opinion.
    how do you know what my attitude is, you can't even see me... my initial point was neither condescending or impolite... i was merely suggesting something from a different point of view... it's pretty clear you have trouble dealing with that
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 16:41
    Originally posted by jaywill
    It sounds like you have a very broad definition of Evolution which would include even non-living things.

Most "savvy" Evos I know are quick to distance their theory from origin of life or origin of the universe problems.

Are you new to the game?
    Biological evolution applies only to living things. But it's not the only kind of evolution that's true.

Continental drift, for example, has been proven. I don't believe that the East Coast of South America fits in to the West Coast of Africa because "God" wished it, I believe it happened because the Continents drifted apart. Yes, it contradicts Creationist beliefs. But Creationism cannot be proven.

No, I'm not new to anything that I publicly participate in, be it chess or atheism.
  6. round and round
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 17:571 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    how do you know what my attitude is, you can't even see me... my initial point was neither condescending or impolite... i was merely suggesting something from a different point of view... it's pretty clear you have trouble dealing with that
    ... and the incessant whining. (Dizzy taps his fingers awaiting the "I am not whining!" response post).
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 18:00
    .. and the incessant whining.
    😵
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 19:30
    =======================================

Biological evolution applies only to living things. But it's not the only kind of evolution that's true.

========================================

How do you differentiate between which kind of evolution theory you are speaking about ? Or do you just put it all under that heading of Evolution ?

Do you believe that the material univese always existed from eternity?

If not what do you imagine that the very first instance of Natural Selection was? How did that work?

===========================================
    Continental drift, for example, has been proven. I don't believe that the East Coast of South America fits in to the West Coast of Africa because "God" wished it, I believe it happened because the Continents drifted apart. Yes, it contradicts Creationist beliefs. But Creationism cannot be proven.
    =======================================

I don't know why continental drift should give me reason to believe that there was no intelliegence involved in the creating of the earth.
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 14:39
    ... and the incessant whining. (Dizzy taps his fingers awaiting the "I am not whining!" response post).
    sorry, i wasnt aware i was talking to a nine year old, i would have used much shorter words and in BIG LETTERS...

if you have trouble with this post please ask your mum to read it to you...

to quote Nietzsche, "god is dead"... how juvenile of him... 🙂
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 15:561 edit
    =====================

to quote Nietzsche, "god is dead"... how juvenile of him

========================

You might expect as much from a guy who was horny after his sister.

Maybe what he meant was his own conscience was dead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree