Is Heaven boring?

Is Heaven boring?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
09 Feb 08
2 edits

===================================
So the souls of the saved are to live on Earth, this still doesn't counter by points about what the people (souls) will do with their time, putting to one side for now, about the physical state of the Earth and it's ultimate demise, what are the saved souls to do on this Earth, my points about the lack of enjoyable activities to take part in still remain.
====================================

You speak of "the souls of the sved." Then you use the expression "the people (souls)." Of course the full salvation of God includes the body, the soul, and the spirit of man. There is no such think as detached souls in an earthly or heavenly paradise. The salvation of God is exceedingly practical and covers the regeneration of the spirit, the transformation of the soul, and the transfiguration of the body. The resurrected and glorified entire human being is brought into a union with God.

The New Testament says the believers are "swallowed up by life". The word for life there is the divine ZOE life of God Himself.

" ... we do not desire to be unclothed, but clothed upon, that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life." (2 Cor. 5:4)

This means that the saved are swallowed up in God Himself - filled with God, saturated with God, permeated with God, soaked with God -swallowed up in God's life.

Since they have divine life within on the inside and divine life without swallowing them up there can be said, within and without, to be permeated with God's divine life. Therefore the destiny of the saved is to be mingled with God, swallowed up by His glorious eternal life and made one with Him. This is for God's expression from within humanity and man's enjoyment.

I have found nothing more enjoyable than living with Jesus within.

What the believers have today is a "foretaste" or a pledge of the fuller enjoyment to come - "Now He who has wrought us for this very thing is God, who has given to us the Spirit as a pledge." (2 Cor. 5:5)

Revelation depicts Christ, the Lamb, leading the saved to many many springs of the waters of life:

"For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of waters of life; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:17)

Since God is the eternal life who indwells them and has swallowed them up, for Christ to guide them the springs of waters of life denotes Christ guiding man to more and more enjoyment of God Himself.

And they serve Him - " ... they are before the throne of God and serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits upon the throne will tabernacle over them." (Rev. 7:15)

The temple is really the Triune God Himself, a living Person who will tabernacle over His people. This means to spread out Himself over His people as a tabernacle. He dispenses His life into His people, permeating them, saturating them, filling thier humanity up with His divine nature. In this way the living God spreads out as a living tabernacle over them and they serve Him in Himself as the living temple.

The dimensions of Christ are taught to be infinite. His dimensions are taught to be like the dimensions of the universe itself:

" That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ... rooted and grounded in love, may be full of strength to apprehend with all the saints what the breadth and length and height and depth are and to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ" (Eph. 3:18,19)

No one knows how broad is "the breadth". No one knows how long is "the length". No one knows how high is "the height" or how deep is "the depth". These are the endless measurements of the universe itself.

The expression conveys how much there is to the riches of this one who is to make His home in the hearts of the believers through faith.

And this expanding enjoyment of God mingled with man takes place in a new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells.

"But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells." (2 Peter 3:13)

We may also apply the following passage, I believe, to the entire experience of exploring the riches of Christ from His life, death, resurrection, impartation, and in all things related to the blessing of eternity:

"But as it is written, Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard and which have not come up in man's heart; things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Cor. 2:10)

What shall the saved do? Serve Him and do greater things that He said the body of believers would do:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes into Me, the works which I do he shall do also; and greater than these he shall do because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that Iwill do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:13,14)

The perfected saints who live in the Lord in perfect union are the ones asking "in His name". What they ask is according to God's will. And these include "greater" things accomplished by Christ. The fulfillment of this promise extends out to eternity.

Once brought into organic union with Christ in mingling and incorporation of God and man as the united masterpiece, whatever we ask of Him in the Son's name will be done for us.

So I trust that eternity will be quite exciting. Today in Christ as we are being perfected is also quite exciting to the saved.

=====================================
(For rwingett, who is concerned about plagerism - Get yourself a Recovery Version of the Bible published by Living Stream Ministry and study the footnotes of Witness Lee to see where I get a lot of these ideas.)

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
09 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
So the souls of the saved are to live on Earth, this still doesn't counter by points about what the people (souls) will do with their time, putting to one side for now, about the physical state of the Earth and it's ultimate demise, what are the saved souls to do on this Earth, my points about the lack of enjoyable act these ideas.)
Do you think I really care about your "ideas" or where you get them from? I'm just looking to score cheap points against you. Here's another cheap point: You make yourself look like an idiot for continually misspelling 'plagiarism.' Especially since I've taken the time to correct your error once already. There is no 'e' in 'plagiarism.'

Go your way and sin no more.

j

Moves
09 Feb 08

===========================
Do you think I really care about your "ideas" or where you get them from?
====================================

No! I don't think you care at all. But you raised plagerism so I include that note for you.

==============================
I'm just looking to score cheap points against you.

You'd have to improve about 120% before they could be dignified by being called "cheap points".

Here's another cheap point: You make yourself look like an idiot for continually misspelling 'plagiarism.'
=================================

Thanks for telling me. You're a good boy.

=======================================
Especially since I've taken the time to correct your error once already. There is no 'e' in 'plagiarism.'

Thanks.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
09 Feb 08

Originally posted by jaywill
I'm just looking to score cheap points against you.

You'd have to improve about 120% before they could be dignified by being called "cheap points".
That's inflation at work for you. I remember the old days when pointing out spelling errors were worth 1.5 cheap points apiece. Those were the days.

j

Moves
09 Feb 08

Originally posted by rwingett
That's inflation at work for you. I remember the old days when pointing out spelling errors were worth 1.5 cheap points apiece. Those were the days.
Ecclesiastes 7:10.

Do your homework.

SS

Moves
09 Feb 08

SS

Moves
09 Feb 08

SS

Moves
09 Feb 08
1 edit

j

Moves
11 Feb 08
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You seem to be making a statement about the present life in the form of asking a question about the future.

Maybe you should devulge some of your own philosophy about the meaning (or lack thereof) of your present living and love.

Rather than me stick up little ducks for you to take pop shots at one by one, like a shooting gallery, you tell us about your thoughts.

You can start with your excitement or disappointment, (whatever the case may be,) about the chemical rushes you call "love".

I've written plenty. You're "still confused about ...". So then, what's your philosophy?